Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MAINS PANEL WARNING LIGHT + CALORIFIER PRESSURE VALVE

MAINS PANEL WARNING LIGHT + CALORIFIER PRESSURE VALVE 01 Sep 2017 14:14 #1

• prosecutor01
  • prosecutor01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 1996 Bayliner 2655 with the UK mains board, the polarity mains light has blown, it is red and green, I want to replace it but as I found out it is no longer made and I have no idea what to put in its place, it does appear though that the power is still getting through as last year on the electric hook up we had very hot water which brings me to another problem. I decided to put the plumbing in to the calorifier, it cost far more than required as my boat although called thirdtimelucky it should be called jonahjinx as in the four years I have had it it has cost me thousands and never done more than 10mph, this year the port side head gasket blew. Anyway coinciding with finishing the head repair the heater hoses were put back better and the engine finally heated the water and I found why I kept getting clean water in my bilge, I had put a hose on the pressure relief valve and into a gallon bottle, after the first test run it had overflowed with warm water, I had warm water from the tap as well, I turned the water system pressure switch off but this means I cannot use the hot water from the taps or if on the hot water goes into the bilge by the gallon, so where in the UK can I get a new pressure relief valve. The calorifier is the Seaward F-600 J-99, this is for the UK again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

MAINS PANEL WARNING LIGHT + CALORIFIER PRESSURE VALVE 01 Sep 2017 14:45 #2

• Pcpete
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 328
Welcome! Please add your boat information and about where you are in the U.K.
Here's a how I fixed my burnt out indicator lights. baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/c...icator-lights#799666
As to the calorifier, I had to look that one up to see what the heck it is. Around these parts we just call it a water heater that uses AC or engine heat. Try activating the pressure relief lever on the valve to see if it will reseat itself. It sounds like it caught some clothing and may be pulled just a bit open. Sometimes a bit of rotation is also required. As to replacing it, you might try these folks. us.binnacle.com/p6299/Seaward-600-Water-...ed/product_info.html I found them by doing a search on the part numbers you provided so there's no experience or recommendation with it.

P/C Pete
Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
1988 3818 "GLAUBEN"
1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
MMSI 367770440
1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

MAINS PANEL WARNING LIGHT + CALORIFIER PRESSURE VALVE 01 Sep 2017 22:52 #3

• prosecutor01
  • prosecutor01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, thanks first for your input, my boat is a 1996 2655 Ciera Sunbridge, the calorifier is both engine and mains heated, the pressure switch had been squirting water out long before I had the head done but no hot water, thats why I put the hose on and into a container, I keep my pressure switch on all the time until I leave the boat and then turn all off at the main selector switch. Now that we got the air out of the engine hot water hoses the water in the heater is now getting hot, but this is making the pressure valve spit more water out. The valve has not had to work for years apart from the odd spurt. I have sprayed it with WD40 and operated the valve by the small lever to try to get it to re-seat and settle down but this worked until I plumbed the engine pipes to the calorifier, I got a few spurts here and there but no hot water. You need the pressure switch on to get the tap flow but this is no good when it shoots all your hot water the the bilge. There is nothing externally causing any problems, the water coming out is crystal clear, thanks for the links as well, I will have a look.

• Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds