Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anybody have a copy of ABYC E11 2012 or 2015???

Anybody have a copy of ABYC E11 2012 or 2015??? 31 Aug 2017 15:30 #1

• SKUA 28 Contessa
  • SKUA 28 Contessa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • In over my head... for sure.
  • Thank you received: 74
Cruised by the ABYC website, and $195 for a download, is a bit stiff for a one time use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1986 Bayliner Contessa 2850
On the hard undergoing, a full on refit and repower, with Chevrolet 454
Making real progress now
baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/g...to-leak?limitstart=0

Anybody have a copy of ABYC E11 2012 or 2015??? 31 Aug 2017 16:26 #2

• yachtman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297
I have the same beef with Abyc. You would think that if it really was about safety they would make it free info or at least reason a price.

Yeah yeah I realize someone has time and effort compiling it but i still feel the same. I'm pretty sure they have already recovered their cost of other people's ideas repairs and resolutions.

Oh yeah and don't even get me going about the fact that abyc lists wire colors use, that no body even manufactures at least to general public. so you can't go by their stated wire color use even if you wanted to.

1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge twin 454's

1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hull#23

1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop hull#24
Twin chevy 350's
Last Edit: by yachtman.

Anybody have a copy of ABYC E11 2012 or 2015??? 31 Aug 2017 16:42 #3

• Norton Rider
  • Thank you received: 603

yachtman wrote: I have the same beef with Abyc. You would think that if it really was about safety they would make it free info or at least reason a price.

Yeah yeah I realize someone has time and effort compiling it but i still feel the same. I'm pretty sure they have already recovered their cost of other people's ideas repairs and resolutions.

In defense of ABYC, it is their Intellectual Property and it is one of the ways that they make money to keep the council operating.

I once had an executive at a large airline complain to me about the cost of some IP his company had to buy from my company. He used the argument that we had more than recovered the cost over the past few years. I asked him, "If there's an empty seat on one of your airplanes, would you let me get on for free? As a matter of fact, I'll even pay my share of the food, drinks, etc, plus the fraction of extra fuel the airplane will use as a result of my weight." He thought for a second and said, "Understood, we'll pay your price." BTW, this happened many years ago, when airlines flew at a load factor of 70%-80%, not the 100% the fly at today.

1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
Anacortes, WA

Anybody have a copy of ABYC E11 2012 or 2015??? 31 Aug 2017 17:03 #4

• yachtman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297

Norton Rider wrote:

yachtman wrote: I have the same beef with Abyc. You would think that if it really was about safety they would make it free info or at least reason a price.

In defense of ABYC, it is their Intellectual Property and it is one of the ways that they make money to keep the council operating.

I once had an executive at a large airline complain to me about the cost of some IP his company had to buy from my company. He used the argument that we had more than recovered the cost over the past few years. I asked him, "If there's an empty seat on one of your airplanes, would you let me get on for free? As a matter of fact, I'll even pay my share of the food, drinks, etc, plus the fraction of extra fuel the airplane will use as a result of my weight." He thought for a second and said, "Understood, we'll pay your price." BTW, this happened many years ago, when airlines flew at a load factor of 70%-80%, not the 100% the fly at today.

I agree ,however you also prove my point. Its about the money.

The average person will never pay that price. Jeeze they hardly will spend the extra money to buy the proper wire. So therefore people will probably never learn that there is a safer better way because they have no access to the important too costly information.

I could actually see paying that for all abyc info if that is just one section. You would be into it a lot more if you wanted all of it.

Btw... most of the info is available on line if you know to search for in bits and peices.

1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge twin 454's

1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hull#23

1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop hull#24
Twin chevy 350's
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim GandeeRuffryder
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds