Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Avanti 3685 - owners need to "gather" here . . . C'MON IN!!!

Avanti 3685 - owners need to "gather" here . . . C'MON IN!!! 15 Aug 2017 23:12 #1

• Dadrock33
  • Dadrock33's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SE of York, PA
  • Thank you received: 71
Hello fellow 3685 owners!! We had a really close and active group when we still had our Bayliner 2452 so thought that, since ours is now up for sale our in NJ, there needed to be a group for us Avanti 3685 owners. We traded projects, fix-it stories, concepts of how we'd like to see the boats develop and other owner's ramblings, which I'm sure you've read or are reading. So - here goes:

We purchased our 3685 out of a dealer in NJ and are just now starting to enjoy some of the nuances of this "much larger" boat (than our 2452). She has the 454's (the port engine was just rebuilt due to piston detonation - long story), MPI injected FWC [fresh-water cooled], vacuflush head, 7KW generator (Westerbeke) and is in pretty darn good shape. Anyway, I had to pretty well remove all of the old electronics as that was not something that they guaranteed or even warranted. So the radar works but I'm selling it because I don't use one, have never used one and don't know how to use one. If it's that bad - I'm not going out! The autopilot would never power up and the chartplotter was so dim that I couldn't see it (old eyes) . . . . so, it's time for an upgrade. I went with a Garmin 1042xsv for a chartplotter with an "in-hull" transducer upgrade (so no holes thru the hull) and then I splurged for a Vesper AIS unit, the 8000, with the wifi in it, and the associated antenna splitter to help keep things straight (not working yet . . . some electrical issues). We're currently cruising up on the Delaware River, north of Philly just a little, berthed in Dredge Harbor for a bit more while some issues are addressed. Then we hope to proceed down to our rented slip at Cutter Marina at Middle River, just east of Baltimore . . . maybe by Labor Day, 2017 . . . we'll have to wait and see.

So join the group and let's trade secrets and DIY stuff and help each other out . .. it's sooooo much more fun that way!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1998 Avanti 3685 - "Dad's Dream" w 454 Mercs - just a rockin' an'a rollin'
Former - "Home Aweigh" 2003 - 2452 Bayliner Cierra Classic Hardtop Cruiser
WQQM835 MMSI: 338147209
James H. Stradling
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds