TOPIC: Bayliner 642 Owners

Bayliner 642 Owners 18 Jul 2016 01:10 #1

• rbrauerei
  • rbrauerei's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
  • Thank you received: 63
Let's get this owner's topic started on one of the lesser known Bayliner cuddies. There are only a few of us on BOC, but we're a proud few.

Our 2015 Bayliner 642 - "Our Dream"

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rick
"Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

This image is hidden for guests.

Bayliner 642 Owners 25 Jul 2016 04:39 #2

• scout265
  • Thank you received: 20
Checking in. First my tow vehicle and gets discontinued (FJ Cruiser) and soon the rare 642 from what I hear. I've rarely been one to follow the crowd so makes perfect sense to me. B)

2016 Bayliner 642 Overnighter / 4.5L Mercruiser 200
Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA
Last Edit: by scout265.

Bayliner 642 Owners 31 Aug 2016 01:52 #3

• scout265
Doing a web search on what the deadrise was on my 642 and found this article that lists it as a top 3 runabout for 2016.

blog.boattrader.com/2016/05/runabout-rou...-top-picks-2016.html

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 13 Oct 2016 20:35 #4

• rhythmpoetdonut
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Guys! Guess what! I just purchased a new 2015 Bayliner 642. It's red and has the full packages. I'm very excited!!! I came to the conclusion that the Bayliner 642 is perfect for our needs last fall, when our local dealer had two of them in stock. Unfortunately I could not make the purchase at that time. After boating another summer in our 2010 Bayliner 175 BR (3.0 Mercruiser with TKS) -- we came to the conclusion that we need a bigger and better boat to suit our style. The Bayliner 642 was just right.

We often boat on the warmer southern end of Lake Coeur d'Alene. There are several towns and bars we can boat into for an overnight stay. Also -- our playground is the chain lakes -- a series of about 10 lakes just east of lake Coeur d'Alene that are connected to the lake via the Coeur d'Alene River. These are sheltered lakes that are accessible by boating up tiny creeks that offer about 20 feet of width and about three to five feet of depth (trim up!). There are about 10 accessible lakes -- averaging a few hundred acres a piece. Just a couple of lakes have porta potties. They are very warm (up to 81F - average about 74F) in the summer months. We can't get into the chains with the big boat. But we can't stay on the chains with a small boat. We have been five-hour boaters for the past three years. It's about time for some serious fun!

Needless to say -- very excited!!! The model I chose is RED and will come with preferred equipment package, 4.3L MPI, desert sand interior, forward sunpad, canvas bimini, canvas cockpit cover, and canvas camping enclosure, depth gauge, bucket seat upgrade, portside helm sink, transom shower, painted swing tongue trailer with brakes, AM/FM Bluetooth (stock) stereo. If you guys have any experience with this stuff -- for example -- is the stereo junk? Need extra speakers? What's good, what's marginal? Let me know!

SO -- are there just the three of us on BOC?

I'll take possession of the boat in May, probably -- but I might have it modified before then.

Looking at the following mods:
1. 12v DC outlet in cabin
2. Moving map display (had a Navionics - worked great on the 175 - but the 642 comes with depth gauge) any suggestions?
3. Second battery (type?)
4. Batter switch system (recommendations)
5. Cleat by anchor locker
6. Grill mounting area? Pedestal?
7. Float switch for bilge?
8. Battery charger?
9. Shore power considerations?

All the best and so pleased to meet you!
Jon (rhythmpoetdonut)

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give - Kahlil Gilbran
New: 2015 Bayliner 642 in Red, 4.3L MPI, Alpha 1 Gen II
Former: 2010 Bayliner 175 BR in Blue, 3.0L TKS

Bayliner 642 Owners 14 Oct 2016 00:06 #5

• scout265
Welcome Jon and congrats on your 642!! I'm still feeling the thrill from the one I bought almost a year ago. It's an awesome boat. Looks like we took a similar route up to it from a 175 and mine was the 3.0 TKS as well. You'll be very happy with your new MPI over the TKS for sure.

On your stereo question.......I'm pretty happy with the stock stereo. It sounds noticeably better than the one in my 175 which was a 2011 so probably the same as what you had. Better deeper bass and it's nice having Bluetooth so I can stream the tunes on my phone to it. It also pulls in a better FM signal than my 175 did.

On your mods, IMO I'd say getting a second battery is a must for good piece of mind and you can then run your tunes while on the hook worry free. There's plenty of room for it next to the stock battery. The switch I have is pretty standard where you can switch to batt. 1, batt. 2, both, or off. And you'll want to keep it off when not in use. Your batts wont drain nearly as fast that way like it did on our 175s when not in use and where we had no batt. disconnect as a small amount of current is drawn even when not in use. And with this setup as long as you use your boat at least periodically (don't know if you boat year round there like we do in AZ), a batt charger may not be necessary. But I keep a portable one handy in the dock box anyway just in case. And I do check my batts before I go out.

If you keep your boat outside at all, even with a cover on, a float switch is a must too and it's not expensive. I didn't bother getting one as mine's kept in a covered slip and on a lift all year when not in use. But I've seen covered boats srill get water in them when it monsoons at the non-covered slips in our marina.

Cleat by anchor........probably a good idea. We don't anchor too much but certainly would be nice to have one there.

Nav gear - can't address that as we just keep ours at the same lake and would have no use for one.

We have shore power in our slip. What we do is just run a heavy duty power cord over the side when we want power in the boat/cabin. We have a Satellite dish at our slip as well and have a 20 inch TV mounted at the bow in the cabin and have an extension cord that runs/stores under the cushions and out the cabin door to the HD shore power cord. The Sat signal comes to it wireless from a gizmo I hooked to it. We also use it to run a small heater that sits outside the cabin door blowing into the cuddy in the winter, and for a mini swampy cooler in summer that we store in our dock box. We've spent a lot of nights in it while slipped its plenty roomy and comfortable for 2. Adding a 2 inch memory foam pad that I cut to size and put a fitted sheet over helped too. Our slip also has an 8 X 12 attached deck that we put patio furniture on so we do all our cooking on a portable grill (that we also keep in the dock box) on that. We even have a small microwave and fridge/freezer we keep there (and coffee maker, toaster) so we have pretty much the same comforts that the big cruisers slipped there do and use on weekends. Its all great fun and I'm sure you will enjoy as well. Any other questions let me know.

All the best to you Jon and pleased to meet you as well!! Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rhythmpoetdonut

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 14 Oct 2016 20:22 #6

• rhythmpoetdonut
It brings me great pleasure to hear you say these things. Love it! I did own Vanagon and VW campers for years, and now I will be owning a camper boat and I'm so thrilled.

We have historically boated from late May through early September here in Eastern Washington and North Idaho. But I think with the 642, I can stretch into mid April and late September. I might be interested in any heatercore mods -- or what do folks with small cuddies do for boat heat?

We have historically always trailered, so had no float switch or extra battery before. I installed a slick setup (no stock stereo) in the 175. I found a marine amp that has Bluetooth with a waterproof interface - originally made for hot tubs -- that I installed in the 175. I connected it to two marine grade speakers that have individual boxes that rest on brackets -- one under each dash. Folks just board and link to Bluetooth and we can listen to their tunes at their volume. Minimal wattage. I also always carried a UHF radio and a Li Ion 12v battery charger. The other mod I had was cutting a noodle and threading the all around white light into it so that it was protected in the locker and so that it would float if dropped overboard.

As you can tell -- very interested in mods! I love your lights and both boats above -- Our Dream and Off Road -- great names. We're looking at names now. The Admiral (love it -- this forum is great) has one in mind, Eagle Runner. Long story.

I'll be looking up the battery switch mod and I love your TV mod. Thinking I might install a bracket for a laptop at the bow of the cuddy and use that for a TV. Probably just run a 12v receptacle below deck and use a Bluetooth speaker when we want light music. Might also work a deal with some local marinas for moorage. Pretty cheap in these parts - can be 300-500 per month.

Best, Jon

Bayliner 642 Owners 13 Nov 2016 02:54 #7

• rhythmpoetdonut

Figured I'd update with recent photo. No bow rails yet, coming soon! Looking forward to more tips, thank you!

This message has an attachment image.

Bayliner 642 Owners 13 Nov 2016 18:23 #8

• rbrauerei
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
Nice! I hadn't seen the Red color before.

Just catching up on some of your questions in this post:

Battery charger: I had the dealer add a Noco Gen2 20 amp "smart" charger, w/ a Pro Mariner deck plug. Since we keep the boat on a lift/dock at our house; nice to plug it in a day or two before we plan on going out and knowing the batteries are charged. This winter, I don't intend on taking the batteries out; just plan on charging them once a month.

Stereo: Has great sound; wife is always making me turn it down! :whistle: We haven't been able to get the Bluetooth paired with our phones though. Not sure what the issue is with that. We usually play the radio or plug in an iPod with the Aux cable.

Grill: We added a pedestal mount to the swim platform. I don't have a photo of the grill in place, but in the photos above - the black circle near the swim platform ladder is the bracket that the pedestal locks into. Then the Kuuma Stow-n-Go 160 Grill mounts to the pedestal. We use it all the time! You just have to be in an area where wakes will be minimal. Tried cooking dinner one evening anchored on a nearby creek when some kids decided it was also a nice calm place to water ski. Needless to say, it was an adventure grilling on the swim platform with a huge wake hitting us every 5 mins or so. :side:

Rick

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Bayliner 642 Owners 19 Nov 2016 19:48 #9

• rhythmpoetdonut
Anyone use a boat ladder for dogs? I have a 100# chocolate lab. Thinking this might overstress the existing 642 ladder. www.google.com/search?q=dog+boat+ladder&...rc=UOJjGY4T0gtu4M%3A

Bayliner 642 Owners 20 Nov 2016 21:53 #10

• scout265
That's a big lab. I have a 75lb yellow. We use a fido float and just grab the handle to assist him up onto the swim platform that he jumps from.. A guy a few slips down from us showed us a technique he uses where you place your hand to the rear of the dogs head and push down and forward to get him up. Seems counter intuitive but it works.

rhythmpoetdonut wrote: Anyone use a boat ladder for dogs? I have a 100# chocolate lab. Thinking this might overstress the existing 642 ladder. www.google.com/search?q=dog+boat+ladder&...rc=UOJjGY4T0gtu4M%3A

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 21 Nov 2016 03:30 #11

• Zarn
  • Thank you received: 32
We've been caught out trying to get our Lab X back on the swim platform one of us always ended up in the water lifting her in now we have a swim vest with a lifting handle which worked really well until she learnt to stay just far enough away (she loves the water) so now I hook the vest with the boat hook to bring her close wont be long and she'll learn how far to stay away for the boat hook.

Daniel Drummond.
Waitakere Auckland.
New Zealand.
2252 Hard Top.
Carbed 5.7 alpha one.

Bayliner 642 Owners 23 Nov 2016 05:13 #12

• rhythmpoetdonut
Thank you Scout and Zarn! Sounds like the doggie life vest is the way to go. That's excellent news as I hate stowing extra stuff that's only needed once!!! That's very funny about the boat hook. But also, good to have one at the ready, so also great advice!! Any tips for protecting vinyl surfaces from doggie claws? Thinking I'll just put towels on seats, worried about the lounge area. Maybe a little less worrying is best, lol

Bayliner 642 Owners 23 Nov 2016 06:29 #13

• Zarn
  • Thank you received: 32
We have her (overnight) bed which she's learnt where ever that is that's her spot weather traveling in the wagon staying with friends camping boating etc and we do our best to keep her on that. We made the bed out of some vinyl sewed on three edges buttons at one end with a thin bit of foam. So while under way she's sitting on the back seat on her bed then when we want her out of the way for fishing etc we throw her in the cabin so far no fur or marks.

Daniel Drummond.
Waitakere Auckland.
New Zealand.
2252 Hard Top.
Carbed 5.7 alpha one.

Bayliner 642 Owners 02 Dec 2016 03:03 #14

• rhythmpoetdonut

Figured I'd add a few more pics. Helps when dreaming of summer!! I picked up a Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pro that will barely fit surface mounted on dash. Still in box if I need to change my mind. Has a big sharp screen though. Any other recommendations? Secondly, wanted to do a weight distribution hitch. No go with Karavan trailer. Any options? It's a surge brake trailer. Think summer!!

Also, carpet, bow rails, extra battery, bow cleat all on way:)

Last Edit: by rhythmpoetdonut. Reason: Add info

Bayliner 642 Owners 02 Dec 2016 05:09 #15

• scout265
Just finished getting my first annual maintenance done along with a couple minor warranty fixes. As long as I had it out of the slip, I had the hull.cleaned and waxed as well as the outdrive. I did all the inside detailing. Trying to keep it as pristine as possible since it's still relatively new. One mod I did have added......had the dealer install an hours meter so I can stay on top of that without having the dealer read it from the motor. No winters here in AZ so I'll probably take it out this weekend.

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 02 Dec 2016 13:43 #16

• rhythmpoetdonut
Wonderful shine!!! Great mod!!! I asked my dealer about that and I am having them do the same. They were able to pull hours from the ECU on the engine (I asked them to), but I love the idea of a dealer installed meter. Where did you mount it? Jealous of no winters!! If I have to go through this next year, I might just tow mine south!!

Last Edit: by rhythmpoetdonut. Reason: Add info

Bayliner 642 Owners 03 Dec 2016 15:55 #17

• rbrauerei
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
Dale and Jon, nice shiny bottoms! Will have mine pulled in the spring for a complete cleaning/waxing in the spring.

I've been pondering new mods since the boat is winterized and it's just a tease being able to see her sitting down there at the dock! I decided to hold off on the GPS in the dash this past summer; so, that will wait until the spring when a nearby boat yard has it's spring expo (there's a marine electronics company located there that had good deals last year and will come to my dock to install). Other than that, I feel like there isn't really much more that is useful. I haven't been sold on the need for an hours meter; although, my estimate this past season (almost 100 hours) was way over what the marina's mechanics pulled off the engine (65 hours) at the end of year service. My current hand held GPS has a travel log screen that gives me "time moving" and I used that as my estimate. I'll probably always be doing an end of year service at the marina; so, I figure my estimates will suffice until I get the official reading at the end of the year.

I haven't put the big winter cover on yet though; last time I was on board (a couple weeks ago) doing some last minute cleaning in the cockpit, I noticed that there is probably a blown fuse to the accessories panel. I haven't had time to track down the exact issue, but I know that if I don't take some time this weekend to find it, it will bother me all winter.

Rick

Bayliner 642 Owners 04 Dec 2016 02:39 #18

• scout265
Here's a pic of where the dealer mounted it. Not sure I like it there as you have to lean in to see it. But it's right above where it's wired into the motor and I didn't want it added to the helm. Took her out today after a six week layup.

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 04 Dec 2016 15:01 #19

• rbrauerei
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
I see you have the automatic fire extinguisher. Was that dealer mounted or did you ask for the option? Wondering whether that's something we should have...

Oh, and I didn't find my electrical issue. Checked every fuse I could find and all looked fine. I think the DC battery is now drained to zero (didn't have a 9v for the multimeter to check for sure). Going to pull the battery and wait until spring I guess. Wife is "pestering" to get the winter cover on...

Rick

Bayliner 642 Owners 04 Dec 2016 16:30 #20

• scout265

rbrauerei wrote: I see you have the automatic fire extinguisher. Was that dealer mounted or did you ask for the option? Wondering whether that's something we should have...

Oh, and I didn't find my electrical issue. Checked every fuse I could find and all looked fine. I think the DC battery is now drained to zero (didn't have a 9v for the multimeter to check for sure). Going to pull the battery and wait until spring I guess. Wife is "pestering" to get the winter cover on...

The fire suppression option came with the boat. I didn't custom order itt as iit was fairly loaded up with options we wanted already on the dealer lot. We've had a few boat fires on the lakes here over the years so I'm glad to have that additional peace of mind. Now I'm having to deal with two gauges that don't work since I got it back from the annual maintenence and meter install. Fuel and temp gauge. A PIA that we'll get on next week since we boat year round here.

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 04 Dec 2016 19:08 #21

• rbrauerei
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
Don't you just hate those little problems that pop up out of nowhere like gauges that don't work? :angry:

Finally, found my blown fuse. There is a wiring harness related to the battery charger that goes from the starter battery to the DC house battery. There's a 15amp fuse in line where the harness connects to the DC and that was fine. Pulled the cover off the starter battery box and there was another in line 15amp fuse and it was toast. Still not sure why it fried, but replaced it and now accessories all work when the battery switch is put on #1&2 (still won't work with it just on #1, which is the starter battery). The DC is discharged totally - only reads just under 4v on the multimeter - so definitely nothing works when it's on only #2. Guess I'll have to replace that one since I doubt it will revive. Like I said, still not sure what caused the problem in the first place. One day all was fine. Then one day not. The only thing in between was spraying some CVC Marine Terminal Protector on the battery terminals. Can't imagine that caused the problem. I did find a circuit breaker thrown for the outlet on the sub-panel at the pier; so, maybe that had something to do with it...but I don't even know why that tripped.

Rick

Bayliner 642 Owners 07 Dec 2016 04:20 #22

• rhythmpoetdonut
The dealer has yet to install the remote extinguisher, bow rails, and the CO alarm here, plus carpet, spare battery, Dragonfly (or other), 12v outlet, etc.

Scout, looks like your ride was originally European. Where was it assembled? The 4.5 is a new thing, wondering if you have an actual teak table!

I'm learning from you guys that fuses should be labeled or at least diagrammed someplace in my notes. Maybe both. In my experience, fuses blow as a result of an unanticipated current draw or perhaps a grounding issue. So do you guys recommend an isolator vs a boat switch (1, 2, both, off)? The isolator would automatically isolate the house battery, leaving the starting battery for starting only. The pro is that no switching is required. The con is less control, can't shut off batteries entirely, and can't use the house battery for starting. I think? If I remember, there is a switch to shut down the battery in the engine compartment.

I had good luck with the gauges on my other BaylinerHope the same is true with this one!

Bayliner 642 Owners 07 Dec 2016 14:19 #23

• scout265
My boat was assembled in Mexico I believe. I agree it was meant to be a euro boat. Telling others you have a "642" (meters) here often resiults in confused looks. They have 742s and 842s over there as well. I think Bayliner made a half hearted attempt to see if they cold sell 642s here and it flopped. Though very happy I got one.

I'm surprised your dealer is doing so much of the assembly even to the point of the bow rails. Mine came off the truck to the dealer ready to go. I went to see it soon after they unloaded and unwrapped it. And yes it has the teak table and the new generation motor as its a 2016 model. I lucked out on that one.

Hydrohoist Lift
2011 Bayliner 175
F250 / FJ Cruiser
Arizona USA

Bayliner 642 Owners 08 Dec 2016 02:06 #24

• rbrauerei
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Chesapeake Bay, MD
Like Dale, mine came out of the factory wrap at the dealer ready to go as well. I just checked the dealer's website and they still have two 2015s sitting there... I really don't understand why the 642 isn't more popular - other than the market for cuddy cabins of any brand seems to be very small, especially here on the Chesapeake. But I wouldn't trade this boat for anything else - I wouldn't even go up to 24' in exchange.

Jon, the best thing about having my minor electrical problem was that I am exponentially more familiar with the wiring harness and in-line fuse locations than I was previously. The wires for my CO monitor, stereo and bilge pump are already tagged and they all have in-line fuses. I also know now the wiring for the battery charger better. Maybe I should have known all that before...but we were too busy simply enjoying the boat to spend time with my head stuck in the engine compartment.

And I still like the Perko switch; that actually helped me isolate that the starter battery wasn't the problem. And it's great knowing that I can switch off the starter battery and conserve it's charge when on the hook.

No teak table here though. :P

Rick

Bayliner 642 Owners 08 Dec 2016 06:51 #25

• rhythmpoetdonut
Dale, I have to believe Off Road was destined for Europe and somehow ended up in the US. If yours came with the preferred equipment package that included carpet, teak table, and porta potti - which is the European preferred package, then I think that's what you have. The 4.5L MPI is attractive for certain. I hope to be happy with my 4.3L MPI for now, and I see the next engine down the line is a Mercruiser 4.2L TDI (Diesel) that has gobs of torque and is very fuel efficient. Maybe I'll upgrade in 12 years:)

I am seeing Bayliner advertise more and more the VR5 cuddy. One site called it the new 642 (aghast). A nice boat, looks cool and I like the swim platform. The cuddy doesn't look quite as spacious as the original 642. It comes in an outboard version that has a huge trunk full of stowage where the engine would usually rest - but you'd sacrifice 90 horses with the outboard. I dig the flop ahead seat/backrest and skylight hatch. It appears to weigh 500 pounds more than ours, but shares the same Euro hull design. As far as I know there are no plans to import it - so I guess the point is moot. It appears our boats represent the last of the Bayliner cuddies or really, any sleeper model (even cruisers) offered in the US.

I saw that 742 -- determined that although it's European only, it's still too big, and the 842 is basically a Cierra. Very nice boats for the right folks, though! For me -- it's weight (<4500 wet), width (8' max), height off the water (lower than 6 feet), towability (again weight and it comes with a tandem trailer with brakes), good engine (4.3LMPI), proven outdrive (A1), interior cuddy height, the high gunnels and self bailing cockpit (safe!), the walk through, newer safety features, and L-shaped seats. Nice that it was less $, also.

Yes, mine was a reportedly a 2015 picture boat that's basically NOS. It might be the one in red shown on videos and in the Bayliner brochures. It heard it was eventually set up for display in the SeaRay factory and kind of forgotten about until my dealer inquired. It has 7 hours on the engine and is being sold to me as new with all warranties. It had to be shipped to me in Washington State. With the rails, there was reportedly a concern they would be stressed by the shrink wrap and by wind, so they removed them and shipped them separately (although if I was the one to pack this, I'd just insert a cross member temporarily between them!). Mine came with the black canvas cockpit cover, the black canvas camping cover, desert sand interior, shower hose thingy, sink area, stereo, round fiberglass table, and the full zip-on sun pad set. I added the carpet, battery, and other stuff mentioned. I'll stick with the boat switch over the isolator (thanks Rick!)

So -- one mod I have in mind is to either construct a smaller diameter, light, but strong round wooden table (teak or nice wood) and finish it with a lacquer over a nostalgic or benthic map of my favorite local lake, or to affix such a map (with finish) to the existing fiberglass table. To add to that, I'd like to drill four 3" diameter holes in the round table top (diameter of a pop can ;) and then use some sort of netting underneath so we can actually use those already depressed areas (existing table) for cup holders. If I went with the wood, I'd finish the outer edges with a soft rubber or vinyl padding that matches desert sand. Lastly, I'd like to be able to flip it over, maps on both sides, and the netting for cup holders would just reverse, also. Just a thought.

Or heck -- just glue some plates to the underside. Ready for dinner? Just flip it over! Done with dinner? Flip it over again!

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this.
Now you can see how my almost good ideas usually die:)

Two other ideas -- one is I'd like to stuff a cooler (like an RTIC or Yeti 20) just forward of the port seat - would it fit? I'd order a foam padded lid (they have them!) and create a secure spot for an onboard cooler that is also a great little seat. Wondering what the dimensions were there (LWH) between the port seat and bulkheads, and the height of the port seat from the deck. Secondly, thought that someday I might want to create my own teak swim platform using the fiberglass stock one as a model. It'd be lighter and look kinda retro. The Europeans know how to teak these 642s out if you haven't seen.

Alright - last thing you might note -- I noticed the shower thingy installed is manufactured by HeaterCraft in my boat -- and probably yours, too. HeaterCraft is located about 40 miles from where I live! They also sell really really cool boat heaters, and that's another mod I'd consider (could possibly boat longer, later, etc) here's the link: www.heatercraft.com/

Got any good mods planned?

Last Edit: by rhythmpoetdonut. Reason: More and more info! Isn't this great?
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds