Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2855/285 Owners

2855/285 Owners 13 Aug 2010 01:37 #26

• darkmagician593
  • Thank you received: 0
2005 285
"Holly Anne"
Sunset Harbor Marina on Norman Creek in Baltimore, MD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2855/285 Owners 30 Sep 2010 18:57 #27

• rbourgon
"B & B"
2006 285SB
350 MAG MPI
Bravo 3
New to us as of 2010 :cool
Playing field: Richelieu river and lake Champlain

Richard
"B&B" 2006 285SB

2855/285 Owners 30 Sep 2010 23:04 #28

• Electriceddie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
To whom it may concern.

I am definitely not a spammer. I have been an active member for a while now. I became a member when I bought my bayliner 285. I use this web site ongoing to share info and get info. I have found it very useful and have met a lot of people who have halped me out a real lot in my quest to find the answers that I seek (for my now 2 years old but still new to me Boat). I am not a spammer and will gladly answer any questions or what ever to prove that I am not. When I saw this spammer post with my name in it I felt like the kid who had to sit on the curb and could not play, to say it nicely.

Sincerely

Ed Daus :drama

Make: Bayliner:
Year: 2000
Model: 2855 (SU) Ciera Sunbridge
Engine: 7.4L Mercruiser
Outdrive: Bravo III -(Duo Prop)

2855/285 Owners 01 Oct 2010 01:46 #29

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Electriceddie;506950 wrote: To whom it may concern.

I am definitely not a spammer. I have been an active member for a while now. I became a member when I bought my bayliner 285. I use this web site ongoing to share info and get info. I have found it very useful and have met a lot of people who have halped me out a real lot ion my quest to find the answers that I seek (for my now 2 years old but still new to me Boat). I am not a spammer and will gladly answer any questions or what ever to prove that I am not. When I saw this spammer post with my name in it I felt like the kid who had to sit on the curb and could not play, to say it nicely.

Sincerely

Ed Daus :drama

OUCH!!

Where did that come from Ed?

2855/285 Owners 01 Oct 2010 02:45 #30

• Electriceddie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I was e-mailed a reply to a post and when I opened it, it was a list of all suspected spammers. Thats what it said at the top of the post.

Ed:)

2855/285 Owners 01 Oct 2010 02:59 #31

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Electriceddie;507023 wrote: I was e-mailed a reply to a post and when I opened it, it was a list of all suspected spammers. Thats what it said at the top of the post.

Ed:)

THOSE BASTARDS:mad:

Ignore them - you don't look like a spammer to me

2855/285 Owners 01 Nov 2010 00:28 #32

• MissBhaven

Life on the Mississippi River at LaCrosse Wisconsin
1987 Bayliner 2850 contessa SB
7.4L with a OMC King Cobra

2855/285 Owners 29 Dec 2010 01:41 #33

• Sbenson11
1996 2855 Ciera 7.4L Bravo III

Just picked her up two weeks ago, towed her 2500 miles from Chicago to Newfoundland.

1996 Bayliner 2855 Ciera
Mercruiser 7.4L
Bravo III
A superior Captain is one who uses he’s superior judgment to avoid situations that might require the use of his superior skills

2855/285 Owners 29 Dec 2010 15:43 #34

• Lowrdr
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1987 2855 Contessa Sunbridge (custom)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

2855/285 Owners 13 Apr 2011 12:43 #35

• Ray.S
Just brought a 2000 2855 after selling my 2655, awaiting delivery on 20-04-2011. Looking forward to getting her on the Norfolk Broads.

Anyone know the difference between the Standard and Special Edition spec?

2001 2855 Yanmar 240BHP, Bravo 3

2855/285 Owners 13 Apr 2011 15:49 #36

• Ray.S
;);)Recently purchased a 2000 2855, after selling my 2655, being delivered to the Norfolk Broads on 20-04-2011, not long to wait.
Anybody advise the differences between Standard & Special Edition?

2855/285 Owners 13 Apr 2011 16:01 #37

• Ray.S
Recently purchased 2000 2855 SE after selling 2655, being delivered to the Norfolk Broads on 20/04/2011, not long to wait!!!;)
Can anybody advise difference in spec for Special Edition?
Thanks

2855/285 Owners 24 Aug 2011 19:21 #38

• Tony B
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
:cool

Tony :D
1998, Bayliner 2855 Ciera
Mercruiser 502 (415hp)
Bravo III
2006, Aluminum (bunk) trailer

2855/285 Owners 01 Sep 2011 19:55 #39

• KnoxBoater
New owner of a 2000 2855 as of August 30th!. 7.4L MPI B3. Any recommendations on LED nav lights? LED interior and cockpit lights?

"Vols Deep": 2000 Bayliner Ciera 2855. 7.4L MPI. Bravo 3.
Knoxville, TN, Ft. Loudon Lake, Tellico area

2855/285 Owners 18 Jan 2012 02:50 #40

• mccaule
We're the proud new (okay, not that new - Labour Day '11) owners of "TIAMO" a 1989 2855 SB - 350 OMC COBRA

Managed to get out on Lake Ontario a handful of times before haul-out at CBYC

Looking forward to making some minor upgrades in 2012 (new SH 2100 VHF w/ AIS, and new carpet/vinyl in the cockpit) and spending as many days as possible on the water.

Ryan

"TIAMO"
1989 Bayliner Ciera 2855
Single OMC 350 - Cobra Drive

2855/285 Owners 02 Feb 2012 18:43 #41

• Gerd D.
Hi anybody in the homeland of Bayliner,

I've just entered the club. Bought a 285, built 2007, last year in Lakeland, FL (dealer was Hillside Auto Sales, Dave Reale, which I can truly recommend as a fair guy) and shipped it via JAX to Amsterdam in Europe.
After CE Certification and some other upgrades (bow-thruster, generator) have been added in Germany, the ship was brought down to Croatia, where we enjoy the beautiful mediteranian blue waters.

Gerd

Best Regards

Gerd

2855/285 Owners 27 Jul 2012 18:24 #42

• John M
Just bought our first Bayliner. A 1999 2855. 7.4liter 454 with Merc Bravo III. Slipped in lake here in Arizona (yes we have those). Love it so far with lots to learn.

2855/285 Owners 02 Aug 2012 17:04 #43

• IndyCJ
Just signed the paperwork on a 2000 2855. 7.4

Wife and I have had trailer boats for years, first foray into something that I don't feel like hauling back and forth.

Delivery in one week, can't wait.

2855/285 Owners 03 Aug 2012 11:40 #44

• msd58
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 15

IndyCJ;708776 wrote: Just signed the paperwork on a 2000 2855. 7.4

Wife and I have had trailer boats for years, first foray into something that I don't feel like hauling back and forth.

Congrats you wont miss trailering much.

Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/video.php?feed=0601b947006500d40050fa36c4235c0a

2855/285 Owners 03 Aug 2012 12:13 #45

• Electriceddie
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

IndyCJ;708776 wrote: Just signed the paperwork on a 2000 2855. 7.4

I have had the exact same boat now for 4 years and love every minute of it. I remember the day I bought my boat and as I drove off the lot I actually shed a tear or two or 3 because I was so happy and emotional that I had finally gotten a boat again after being away from boating for so long. It was a very emotional purchase for me. The last time I had my own boat I was 18 and then I bought my 2855, I was 46, 28 years later. I wanted to share my boating experiences with my family since it was a big part of my life while growing up. But it was definitely the boat of my choice after looking at many of different boats. I looked at all of the Bayliner models and the 2855 was the one which was the right size and fit for me and the family. The separate layout of the Vee Berths from the Dinette is what made the sale of the boat for us. It was a must since the wife and I wake up at different hours and one of us need's a place to go sit and have a cup of coffee while the other's still sleeping. The Vee Berth / Dinette combo does not allow that choice. This was the first boat moving up in model and size that allowed us that option. So enjoy your new boat for years to come as my family and I have been and will continue to do so for many years to come.

If you have any questions or concerns about the boat I am pretty familiar with this boat by now. I have done some various repairs over the years and I strive to maintain the boat in peak condition, so don't hesitate to ask I will do my best to help answer any of questions that you may have

Eddie :D

2855/285 Owners 03 Aug 2012 13:23 #46

• IndyCJ

msd58;708980 wrote: Congrats you wont miss trailering much.

Actually, we probably will. It's not like there are a lot of options in Indiana, but the one thing that we liked to do is go to different lakes. I'm sure those opportunities will go down quite a bit, but I am going to look for a trailer to have for 'extended' weekend or week vacations so that we can to go Kentucky Lake or Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma. I've got an F350 Dually Crew cab, so I'll be at half capacity towing this boat, just have to get the permits.

Electriceddie;708991 wrote: I have had the exact same boat now for 4 years and love every minute of it. I remember the day I bought my boat and as I drove off the lot I actually shed a tear or two or 3 because I was so happy and emotional that I had finally gotten a boat again after being away from boating for so long. It was a very emotional purchase for me. The last time I had my own boat I was 18 and then I bought my 2855, I was 46, 28 years later. I wanted to share my boating experiences with my family since it was a big part of my life while growing up. But it was definitely the boat of my choice after looking at many of different boats. I looked at all of the Bayliner models and the 2855 was the one which was the right size and fit for me and the family. The separate layout of the Vee Berths from the Dinette is what made the sale of the boat for us. It was a must since the wife and I wake up at different hours and one of us need's a place to go sit and have a cup of coffee while the other's still sleeping. The Vee Berth / Dinette combo does not allow that choice. This was the first boat moving up in model and size that allowed us that option. So enjoy your new boat for years to come as my family and I have been and will continue to do so for many years to come.

If you have any questions or concerns about the boat I am pretty familiar with this boat by now. I have done some various repairs over the years and I strive to maintain the boat in peak condition, so don't hesitate to ask I will do my best to help answer any of questions that you may have

Eddie, thanks!! I grew up on the water as well, but got back into it a few years ago when my wife said she thought it would be nice to get a boat. She had never been really on one much, so I took the opportunity when it came up. Best thing we ever did. Our first boat, the kids were 4 and 2, and were afraid to get into the lake. 6 years later and now, I can't keep them out of it. Haha.

We really liked the layout. I don't know how common this is, but this boat has a door for the berth underneath the deck. So, it's actually pretty cool that we can have another adult couple stay with us and still have some privacy. But it seems to be in great shape, and only has 51 hours. I guess the previous owner stopped using it and it sat, shrink wrapped for about 5 years. The dealer is doing a thorough check of the systems for me, because I told him that the boat I was trading in, in the 4 years I had it, I never had one ... not one single issue and I expected the same of this one. Hopefully it turns out that way. Haha.

Thanks all for the support, I'll post some pics once we get it down to the lake and situated.

-Indy

2855/285 Owners 07 Aug 2012 14:03 #47

• Crewless
2011 Bayliner 285SB - 300 hp 350 Mag with Bravo III outdrive. Purchased new a few months ago. We love the layout, it has been my dream boat for many years. Never seen any boat with a layout I couldn't criticize until this one. And I certainly don't miss trailering!!

2855/285 Owners 07 Aug 2012 14:42 #48

• msd58
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 15

Electriceddie;708991 wrote: I have had the exact same boat now for 4 years and love every minute of it. I remember the day I bought my boat and as I drove off the lot I actually shed a tear or two or 3 because I was so happy and emotional that I had finally gotten a boat again after being away from boating for so long. It was a very emotional purchase for me. The last time I had my own boat I was 18 and then I bought my 2855, I was 46, 28 years later. I wanted to share my boating experiences with my family since it was a big part of my life while growing up. But it was definitely the boat of my choice after looking at many of different boats. I looked at all of the Bayliner models and the 2855 was the one which was the right size and fit for me and the family. The separate layout of the Vee Berths from the Dinette is what made the sale of the boat for us. It was a must since the wife and I wake up at different hours and one of us need's a place to go sit and have a cup of coffee while the other's still sleeping. The Vee Berth / Dinette combo does not allow that choice. This was the first boat moving up in model and size that allowed us that option. So enjoy your new boat for years to come as my family and I have been and will continue to do so for many years to come.

+1

Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/video.php?feed=0601b947006500d40050fa36c4235c0a

2855/285 Owners 09 Aug 2012 07:53 #49

• Elbarco
Mine is a 2855 SE from 1998 with a 7,4l Mpi. It was imported to Europe in 2006 from Florida, and it was named "The 19th hole". Anyone seen it around Fort Lauderdale?We renamed it because we dont play golf:)We had a real hard time coming up with a name, so now its just El barco.

Bayliner 2855 Ciera
Mercruiser 7,4 Mpi

2855/285 Owners 13 Aug 2012 19:57 #50

• IndyCJ
Well, we are in the water.

First weekend went very well. The dealership that we bought it from delivered it on Friday, and the service manager was nice enough to stay with us while we took it out for a shake down, showed us how everything worked and got us setup at our dock. All told, I think he stayed with us for nearly three hours making sure that we understood everything.

Questions that we came up with that maybe I can get some feedback on.

1. We left it plugged in while we are away for the week. Only thing running is the battery charger and the refrigerator (fridge more as a test). That alright?

2. I was unsure about what to turn off as far as the seacocks for the AC and in the sump box thingy. He said he would leave them open since it's in the water ...

3. Holding tank cleanout. First attempt and I just did what I saw other boaters do. Vacuum, put in some fresh water, vacuum again, put in more fresh water, vacuum one last time. Too much? Not enough? When we got it back to the dock, we added some holding tank 'stuff' recommended by the marina and added a gallon of fresh water.

4. Windlass. We had a good 20mph wind on the lake and I buried my anchor. Not a big deal, but I fell backwards when the anchor finally 'let go' and just about fell overboard. :eek: Fortunately, I didn't, but I'm thinking I need a windlass. Any recommendations?

I think that's it. All in all, VERY pleased with the boat. A big step up from a 20' Four Winns cuddy cabin, definitely a 'hog' as compared to what I'm used to, but I was getting the hang of it.

We are already making plans for the next upgrades (extended Swim Platform), and am looking at getting a new camper enclosure for it. The one that's on it is nice, but things seem kind of brittle from lack of use, and some of the stitching seems to be coming apart a bit.

Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds