Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Arriva Owners (All Models)

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:28 #51

• 24' Arriva
  • Thank you received: 0

Im2kull;372775 wrote: Sounds like it, I'll have to review the brocure that I have on file to make sure..it lists all the factory specs. I know of people who have replaced the Alpha outdrives with the Bravos, so its not out of the question.

Yours is the big block..the 7.4l engine..so it may have come with it from the factory. I'll try and find out.

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:33 #52

• rb8484

24' Arriva;375135 wrote: I will try and get some pictures up. They are identical except I took some of the decals off. The boat hauls!! But it does suck the gas pretty bad. I was on Canyon lake in Arizona and the only boat that could catch me was a Baja with twin 454 mags.....so that makes up for the poor fuel economy!

Will be watching for pictures!!! What have you had her up to speed wise?? Do you know what pitch prob you are running??

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:37 #53

• 24' Arriva

rb8484;375138 wrote: Will be watching for pictures!!! What have you had her up to speed wise?? Do you know what pitch prob you are running??

Speedo isn't working. One of the things on my list for this winter. But the baja owner said 63. In Phoenix I was running a 23 p prop. Up here in Colorado I use a 17 and 19 depending on the lake I am on.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:41 #54

• rb8484

24' Arriva;375142 wrote: Speedo isn't working. One of the things on my list for this winter. But the baja owner said 63. In Phoenix I was running a 23 p prop. Up here in Colorado I use a 17 and 19 depending on the lake I am on.

wow! The best I have had was 53, with just me and only a half tank of fuel. Mine will sure drink the gas, so im glad i only have the 5.7!! I think I am running a S.S. 19p prop. I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal on an aluminum prop for running around on unfamiliar lakes!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:48 #55

• 24' Arriva

rb8484;375144 wrote: wow! The best I have had was 53, with just me and only a half tank of fuel. Mine will sure drink the gas, so im glad i only have the 5.7!! I think I am running a S.S. 19p prop. I am keeping my eyes open for a good deal on an aluminum prop for running around on unfamiliar lakes!

I had 3 kids 3 teens and 5 adults and I still easily popped up a 180 lb guy on a wakeboard. Unless fuel goes back up to $4 a gallon, I will never go lower than the 7.4L. I burn a little over a half a tank of gas a day playing. 62 gallon tank. Does your boat have the maximum person and weight sticker? I never could find one on mine.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 02 Nov 2009 22:51 #56

• rb8484

24' Arriva;375149 wrote: I had 3 kids 3 teens and 5 adults and I still easily popped up a 180 lb guy on a wakeboard. Unless fuel goes back up to $4 a gallon, I will never go lower than the 7.4L. I burn a little over a half a tank of gas a day playing. 62 gallon tank. Does your boat have the maximum person and weight sticker? I never could find one on mine.

That is funny, I also cannot find the weight sticker on mine either!! I wonder what the deal is with that?? I also have the 62 gal tank. It will empty the wallet fast!!!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 03 Nov 2009 02:04 #57

• 24' Arriva

Arriva Owners (All Models) 03 Nov 2009 02:12 #58

• 24' Arriva

Arriva Owners (All Models) 06 Nov 2009 00:05 #59

• Im2kull
  • Im2kull's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

24' Arriva;375224 wrote: We named the boat Evil Waves.

Good looking boat!

Question for you, on your's..is the exhaust through-prop, or through-hull?

I love how everyone out on the lake really shows a large interest in Arriva's, then can't believe that they're nearly 2 decades old! Deffinately one of Brunswick Marines (US Marine) better engineered products!

Attention Arriva Owners! Need parts? Have questions? Have Arriva Information? Want to buy an Arriva?
Follow the link below!

baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/forum/o...va-owners-all-models
1991 Arriva 2050

Arriva Owners (All Models) 06 Nov 2009 00:11 #60

• Im2kull
On another note, I just realized that this thread is now the most viewed thread in the owners list section! Having an Arriva thread take the place of #1 in a Bayliner forum goes to show just how much interest there is in Arriva's. Perhaps even more impressive is the rate at which this thread is growing and the amount of information gained! I remember searching for days on end using Google and finding ZERO information related to Arrivas. Needless to say we've all come a long way from that!

Personal thanks to every member here for all the great photo's, manuals, brochures, and other information...as this will greatly help me organize an (eventual) online Wikipedia containing all known information about Arrivas (In one place!).

Also a large thanks to our fellow Brunswick Mariner's and Bayliner Owners for their input..and forum usage :arr

Attention Arriva Owners! Need parts? Have questions? Have Arriva Information? Want to buy an Arriva?
Follow the link below!

1991 Arriva 2050

Arriva Owners (All Models) 06 Nov 2009 00:16 #61

• rb8484

Im2kull;376570 wrote: On another note, I just realized that this thread is now the most viewed thread in the owners list section! Having an Arriva thread take the place of #1 in a Bayliner forum goes to show just how much interest there is in Arriva's. Perhaps even more impressive is the rate at which this thread is growing and the amount of information gained! I remember searching for days on end using Google and finding ZERO information related to Arrivas. Needless to say we've all come a long way from that!

Personal thanks to every member here for all the great photo's, manuals, brochures, and other information...as this will greatly help me organize an (eventual) online Wikipedia containing all known information about Arrivas (In one place!).

Also a large thanks to our fellow Brunswick Mariner's and Bayliner Owners for their input..and forum usage :arr

Cheers to that!! I was leary when I was looking at this arriva. I was trying to decide between the arriva and a ebbtide. Had no information on the arrivas and was really unsure. Needless to say, I am 100% satisfied with my choise!!! What a wonderful boat!!!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 06 Nov 2009 00:18 #62

• Im2kull

rb8484;376573 wrote: Cheers to that!! I was leary when I was looking at this arriva. I was trying to decide between the arriva and a ebbtide. Had no information on the arrivas and was really unsure. Needless to say, I am 100% satisfied with my choise!!! What a wonderful boat!!!

Same here, couldn't be happier that the first 3 boats I went to look at sold before I could buy one. The Arriva was my last choice (Ironically enough probably the best choice!).

Follow the link below!

1991 Arriva 2050

Arriva Owners (All Models) 07 Nov 2009 01:59 #63

• 24' Arriva

Im2kull;376567 wrote: Good looking boat!

Question for you, on your's..is the exhaust through-prop, or through-hull?

I love how everyone out on the lake really shows a large interest in Arriva's, then can't believe that they're nearly 2 decades old! Deffinately one of Brunswick Marines (US Marine) better engineered products!

The exhaust is dual and through the hull. It sounds pretty sweet idling in the water. Definately turns alot of heads. But Arriva's seem to turn heads anyway! Everyone thinks mine is a 2000 or newer.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 08 Nov 2009 09:16 #64

• Im2kull

24' Arriva;377022 wrote: The exhaust is dual and through the hull. It sounds pretty sweet idling in the water. Definately turns alot of heads. But Arriva's seem to turn heads anyway! Everyone thinks mine is a 2000 or newer.

Thanks!
I knew most 20's came with the thru-hull exhaust, however I wasn't sure abou the 24's.

Follow the link below!

1991 Arriva 2050

Arriva Owners (All Models) 08 Nov 2009 09:20 #65

• Im2kull
Also if anyone gets a chance and wants to do it I added a poll on the main page asking which year your boat is.

I'm trying to gauge which year is the most popular, at with members on this forum anyways. Something very interesting to find out would be the actual (Arriva) production numbers. I'll have to call Brunswick Marine and see if there's any way to find out.

Follow the link below!

1991 Arriva 2050

Arriva Owners (All Models) 10 Nov 2009 17:30 #66

• so'm beach
Hello fellow Arriva owners!! I just found this site yesterday and was super excited about it. We have a '90 Arriva 2450 with a 7.4/Bravo 1 and we absolutly love it. We have had it almost 5 years. We are in the Des Moines, IA are and I have seen three others in this area over the years, 2 2452 cuddy's (may have been the same boat) and 1 other 2450 open bow, all of the same vintage as ours. I have also seen 1 '96ish open bow, but not sure of the size. They are rare boats, which is one of the reasons I like it so much, but that is also a source of frustration when trying to find information about them, or body parts, ie: plastice side vent shrouds, of which mine is missing the right one. We bought our from the southern side of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Here are a couple pic of her. She is named So'm Beach:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 10 Nov 2009 17:38 #67

• so'm beach
She is in pretty good shape for her age, but we do have some projects.

I upgraded the ladder to a two step, a couple of years ago, and in 2006 we had a new Bravo 1 drive installed

Interior

Bow

Arriva Owners (All Models) 11 Nov 2009 01:07 #68

• 24' Arriva

so'm beach;378395 wrote: She is in pretty good shape for her age, but we do have some projects.

I upgraded the ladder to a two step, a couple of years ago, and in 2006 we had a new Bravo 1 drive installed

Good Looking boat! How is your fuel comsumption with the 7.4L? What kind of mufflers are you running? I'm thinking of making mine a little louder!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 11 Nov 2009 13:09 #69

• so'm beach
As far as fuel consumption, the 7.4 is thirsty if I run it hard, but I don't do that very often. I've never GPS'd her but the best I have seen is est. 63mph. We can enjoy a full day on the lake with half a tank. I've never checked the actual rate of fuel burn in GPH. Not sure I would know how. As far as I know they are factory mufflers. I have not touched it since we bought it. I am hoping to make some upgrades to her some day to make her go a little faster. Here is a pic of one of the mufflers. I need to clean my bilge, I know.:o

Arriva Owners (All Models) 16 Nov 2009 21:56 #70

• rb8484
Hey guys. Thank you so much for all of your help and compliments on my 1990 arriva. You all are the best.
You dont know how hard it is for me to do this, but I am having to put my boat up for sale. Times have become to tuff and I need to sell. I am not going to try to get prime price, but I cannot give it away. What so you guys think.......is $6300 a fair price to ask. I think it is in my eyes. It is a 1990, but it is in GREAT shape. Gimble barrings, all bellows, impeller, and the whole outdrive was gone through and have all paperwork to back it up, over $2000. Has new cover. It is a 24' Arriva 2450 open bow. Has sink, porta potty, ice chest, seats are in great shape, 5.7 merc, alpha one. Solid floor. Has around 500 hours on the meter. As of this morning, I didnt even think about selling. This is going to be the hardest item I have owned to let go. Tandom axle trailer with crome rims and new diamond plating on wheel wells. New tires also. One bad thing, the tip of the skeg is broke off, just a small part of it, not the whole thing. It was like that when I bought it. I took it in and asked about getting it repaired, and the marina said they wouldnt even worry about it as it was such a small peice.

I have check a few websites and have had a range of values on this boat. So do you guys think that is a fair price to ask??

Arriva Owners (All Models) 17 Nov 2009 13:31 #71

• so'm beach
Wow you have a really nice, clean boat! Sorry to hear you are having to sell. I may be doing the same thing in the spring. I think you should ask $7000 or $7500 for it, and settle for $6500 if someone want to haggle. Someone is going to get a really nice boat for not much money, but in this economy, boat values have really taken a hit.

Arriva Owners (All Models) 17 Nov 2009 15:27 #72

• rb8484

so'm beach;380951 wrote: Wow you have a really nice, clean boat! Sorry to hear you are having to sell. I may be doing the same thing in the spring. I think you should ask $7000 or $7500 for it, and settle for $6500 if someone want to haggle. Someone is going to get a really nice boat for not much money, but in this economy, boat values have really taken a hit.

Thanks for the insite. I havent decided if I am selling yet or not. I love this boat, that is why it is making it so hard for me to pull the trigger to sell. If I do sell, and get my monies back in order, maybe I can buy yours in the spring if you sell!!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 17 Nov 2009 16:39 #73

• so'm beach

rb8484;380983 wrote: Thanks for the insite. I havent decided if I am selling yet or not. I love this boat, that is why it is making it so hard for me to pull the trigger to sell. If I do sell, and get my monies back in order, maybe I can buy yours in the spring if you sell!!

Oh, be careful...I may take you up on that :)

Arriva Owners (All Models) 17 Nov 2009 17:37 #74

• rb8484

so'm beach;381019 wrote: Oh, be careful...I may take you up on that :)

Well, if I sell, I will hope you will get in touch with me if you sell yours!! It would be worth the drive for me to get my hands on another one of these boats!.

I just found this ad on craigslist for a 2450. http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/boa/1462808992.html
I think its high priced needing an engine!! Mine must be worth $13,000 then!! I should sell him mine and he will think he is getting a steal!!

Arriva Owners (All Models) 17 Nov 2009 19:05 #75

• 24' Arriva

rb8484;381048 wrote: Well, if I sell, I will hope you will get in touch with me if you sell yours!! It would be worth the drive for me to get my hands on another one of these boats!.

I just found this ad on craigslist for a 2450. http://flagstaff.craigslist.org/boa/1462808992.html
I think its high priced needing an engine!! Mine must be worth $13,000 then!! I should sell him mine and he will think he is getting a steal!!

Sorry to hear you might have to sell your boat! That really sucks! I found a 89 24' Arriva with a 5.7L in Phoenix a couple of months back and the guy sold it for $10,500. It had been upgraded a bit, but it was still pretty much like ours. I would say maybe a grand in upgrades. I would ask high and settle for lower. I think at $6,500 you will probably sell it FAST. I just bought my boat this fall. You would be suprised at the number of boats that sold before I was able to look at them. More people are buying than you would think. Good luck! And I hope your situation gets better and you can keep your boat. God Bless

Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds