Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2155 owners

2155 owners 04 Oct 2010 03:38 #51

• jmduncan01
  • Thank you received: 0

JR1396;506457 wrote: Thanks Erik! I was thinking so, and it makes sense with my calculations.. although loose they were :) I also saw a 2455 listed with a 55 gal tank. So this should be it! Will be nice to take some of the guessing out!

Hiya John, well, I plan to build in an entertainment center of sorts where the kitchenette was over the winter. With a small counter but not pertrude in to the cabin as far.
I want to put a sub woofer speaker box on the bottom. With a carpeted wall so to speak that will have in it a power amp,cd player, dvd player and small screen tv.
I am thinking I will use a couple of marine 6x9 speakers in the cabin and at least two up top. then, something to equal out the weight inside to get the balast back.

hmm as far as paint goes, we painted the hood on my Jet ski with automotive paint, clear coated it with u-pol clear in the spray can and buffed it out.. it looks awesome I think. My friend did some custom airbrush stuff on the front too. I will post a pic in my gallery on my profile being that it is sorta irrelevant to Bayliner topics.. Anyway, It is holding up well and looks brand new.
On my boat the Blue on stripe is fading pretty good. Still has some gel coat there but next year or two, I am thinking it will be time.

Hey Jr:

Sounds like good plans. I put a mount for a TV up above the entrance to the camper cabin. Good place and easy to pipe out for an antenna if looking to pull digital signal. On speakers, definitely go marine grade outside, inside shouldn't matter though in my mind. That design you are thinking up should open it up some.

Once I get mine back together underneath...probably next spring...I'll take some photos. I did a light beige color on the seat backs and the seat bottoms except for the front bolster edge. That I did in dark blue. And the center for the V bed...did that in dark blue too. The light beige color...like coffee with a healthy portion of cream in it...really lightens up the cabin. Combined it with a light beige berber carpet with flecks of color in it...including blue. And replaced the light blue counter tops with some darker blue white speckle from Lowes. Sanded and stained and repoly'd the wood trim to more of a cherry.

I know what you are talking about on that upper blue stripe especially. So looking forward to that old boat looking new again. Glad to hear your paint on the doo is holding up well.

Best Regards,
John M
Kentucky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2155 owners 05 Oct 2010 15:36 #52

• JR1396
Looking around my boat, I dont know where I would put the 6x9 speakers or any on the outside. unless I cut into the boat there are no speakers there prior. There is a small hole under the side panel on the starboard side that one speaker may have been in at one point but I doubt it, it was covered by half inch plywood. LoL, back to the arch idea..but think an arch would be too much extra weight.

2155 owners 05 Oct 2010 15:59 #53

• JR1396
I did however score a really nice wakeboard tower off craigslist this past week. $200!! its a competition one very nice looking. I was just checking out CL in one of the smaller towns over in OH and there it was just posted.
I immediately jumped on it.. not even knowing if it would fit my boat, for $200I was positive someone I knew could make use of it. Turns out, it will fit my boat easily with a couple of modifications to the front mounts.

My boat is definatley fast enough and has plenty of power to pull skiers and boarders. It looks cool.. so I may put it on although I am not a skier.. will hold fishing rods just right :)

Its all alum so not that heavy I can lift it easily alone.
We will see when I get my boat out for the year.. and that looks like this coming Sunday.

2155 owners 16 Feb 2012 17:53 #54

• jboyd100
Just bought a 1988 bayliner 2155 for $1900. The boat has a 5.0 omc and outdrive that runs. missing the cockpit side front windshield. no frame :( missing the left side swim platform. the outside seats are like new but the cabin cushions are all sun faded and moldy on the bottom side. need the hinges for the cabin door. carpet is all faded but in good shape so I am trying to just get away with dyeing it. no toilet so I went and bought a new one. mine did not have the burner top so I got a small propane BBQ pit and I am going to get the clamps that will let me attach it over the back rail. bought a new radio for it as it had an old tape deck installed. speakers looked great. the tilt and trim was disconnected and make a clicking sound when I push the buttons. motor runs great and it shifts fine. the hull has a lot of nicks on the bottom side and needs some serious cleaning. lloks as if it was left in the water. windows leak but that is an easy fix. no soft spots that I can see and the stingers on the motor looked solid as well. trailer is good but need to adjust and replace the boards. I am sure it is not the original trailer for the boat. no frame for the bikini top. would love to here if anyone knows were I can get these parts I need or ideas on what I can do to make my boat like new again. this will be my stepping stone to a bigger boat but I love the design of it.

2155 owners 24 Mar 2013 21:59 #55

• Norah's Ark
I am the new owner of a 1988 Ciera Sunbridge 2155. She has been in my family since 1990. I grew up seeing the Blue Angels fly every summer over Pensacola Bay from this vessel. When my Grandfather decided he didn't want to maintain it anymore he passed it to me. Hopefully I can give my childeren some of the awesome boating experiences I've had the fourtune of having. The name came from my eldest daughter Senorah, we call her Norah. I'm not particlarly religous but, I like it.

She is fully water ready and in great shape. However there are things I'd like to change first I need all new glass and frames. A few years back the canals my grandfater lived on flooded and took out all the glass and railing. Where can I get this? Anyone know of a good used parts place? Second, some of the windows have cracked including the rear porthole. The boat has always been coved so no water has had a chance to get inside. What might I do to fix this? Third, I'd like to install a new full width swim platform. Do most people find a doner platform from another boat? I've always prefered using old parts fix or modify things than buying new. Thank you for your time.

Sully
1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbrige 2155 W/ 5.0 Mercruser (I've know this boat since 1990.)
Tow Vehicle: 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4 with tow package. (AKA Big Red)
β€œTo reach a port we must set sail –
Sail, not tie at anchor
Sail, not drift.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt

2155 owners 23 Apr 2013 18:12 #56

• devocean
I have a 1987 Ciera 2150/2155 like you said there has to be more owners on the forum

2155 owners 27 May 2013 06:59 #57

• jd362
:arr
I purchased this bout 3 years ago with no motor, and interior is shot. I did some minor work, but was unable to find a way to continue to store it. And a rig to lift a motor that high. So i paid 900 for it with dual axle trailer then put it for sale after months of trying to put it together. I sold the boat for 500 and a dingy with a motor. witch i sold the dingy for 750 ,and the motor for 500. Next I sold the trailer for 750..all in a few days.
So i was happy because I needed the money! and 1400 profit I thought that was a Great deal.. But i missed it a lot and always wanted a nice boat. (fast forward 3 years)

I'm doing better back to work saved some money and started to play around on creigs list and spotted this boat for sale asking 1700 with much bigger and newer trailer new aluminum fuel tank and running started right up I offered 1500 cash and took it home.
It was sooooooooo Dirty outside and in but i was anxious to try it out the next day.
so off i go started right up sounded so great I was soo happy Till The coast guard boarded me fo having the ugliest boat HEHEHEHE.
They checked it all out and were suprized how good it was gave me a list of things i needed some stickers and flare gun then the left 5 min later it died..
coil went out and I floated across to NASA side of the river and they towed me back they were nice..I said this reminds me of my first Corvette lol.
Well i replaced the coil went out again for a few hours and it was great but burned out the new coil as i got back..so I know there is something wrong in wiring and i gutted the boat ...so i can repaint it rewire it add a electronic ignition new fuel pump some water tanks and plumbing for sink and head. I just feel that this boat belongs to me as i owned it twice drove it twice .. I should restore it I'm a good mechanic on cars trucks and helicopters .. But I will need help with a Boat so please help me with some really dumb questions I can't figure out..
#1 on the right side bottom of the boat (stern) there is a little fin looking thing with a small hose (like a Vacuum line) that goes inside under the engine connected to a round black thing. What is this and what is it for how to i tell if its functioning Properly?
# 2 I see some of these boat with a high fiberglass wing with antenna on them they look cool and I found one for sail on a parts boat but I dont know what you call it please help
Thank You All !!!!

2155 owners 28 Aug 2013 23:27 #58

• Withay
Happy Birthday to me! My spouse bought me a 1988 Bayliner Ciera 2155 from a very close friend of ours. He was tired of driving to the coast (he's in Central MA), wanted his driveway back, but wanted to keep it in our circle of friends.

Structurally and mechanically the boat is in really great shape. I'll need to make some seat covers/cushions for the cabin, spray some Febreeze around, and repair some deck cushions here and there. The boat also needs a good bath, which I'll do this weekend.

I THINK it's got the 5.0. My friend told me that he bought it two years ago and the engine itself seemed like it had less than 20 hours on it. He didn't take it out much. He DID replace the carb, the shift cables, the manifolds, and other things, I'll know for sure this weekend when I get it. I'll post up some pictures when it's clean.

1988 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2155
Last Edit: by Withay.

2155 owners 20 Oct 2013 00:08 #59

• SteveCindi
Ihave a 87 ciera sunbridge 2150. i have the hole in step before cabin and the 2 in rear of engine cover. it makes for easy cleaning. I have a 120 cobra 4 cyl. and I cannot get to plane unless I get people in front part of cabin, still only 2500 rpm and 10 mph. checked the compression on the cyl. and got 120 on 1-2 110 on 3-4

1987 bayliner 2150 ciera sunbridge 120 hp 4 cyl. OMC

2155 owners 11 Aug 2014 21:33 #60

• Richard Parker
Hi Guys/Girls,

Just recently purchased a Bayliner 2155 Sunbridge based in the UK.

The boat itself has been left to stand for some years and is in need of a good old fix up which she'll happily get!

Totally new to boating and this is my first boat and generally finding the same old things as listed before in terms of leaks in windows/rub rails.

Would be good to talk with some experienced 2155 owners as I've still a lot of questions that I'm trying to work out.

Regards

2155 owners 12 Aug 2014 06:23 #61

• Late Riser
  • Amble Marina Northumberland UK
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Richard
I have a 2255 which is basically the same but with a swim platform on back.I am based in Amble Northumberland. If I can I will answer any questions you may have.

Regards

Ciera sunbridge 2255 (1991)
Mercruiser 4.3LX
Alpha 1 Gen 2
Last Edit: by Late Riser. Reason: Change of wording

2155 owners 12 Aug 2014 08:49 #62

• Richard Parker
Morning Late Riser,

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I've already ordered new rub rail so my thoughts to rectify the leaks was to remove the screw holding it in place and re coat them with silicone when putting them back in.

The windows are my today's job I'm going to take them out completely and remove any old rubbers and refit with new rubber silicone.

Question you may be able to answer?

The three through hull fitting down the starboard side what do they serve? I've worked out the largest is the head but the two either side??? My left one incidentally is blocked up with some rubber bung by the look of it.

Cheers

Last Edit: by Richard Parker.

2155 owners 12 Aug 2014 15:52 #63

• Late Riser
  • Amble Marina Northumberland UK
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi one will be drain for step in cockpit area as you go into cabin other of at rear will be deck drain should be one on both sides. If you lift up engine hatch you should see two drain holes both port and starboard .the step drain hide you can see in berth under cockpit, others in engine bay.
Hopes this is of some help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Parker

Ciera sunbridge 2255 (1991)
Mercruiser 4.3LX
Alpha 1 Gen 2

2155 owners 28 Aug 2014 18:14 #64

• Richard Parker
Ok starting to get my head around my new boat now with many hours sanding I've primered over half the boat now ready for its new paint next spring.

Interior nearly done with all the carpets and interior cleaned and new table in and everything starting to look the way I want it to.

Now . . . found a few leaks in the boat around the front hatch and the side windows which I took out and resealed successfully. But I'm still finding trace wetness behind the back of the toilet. Does the 2155 have a holding tank which perhaps needs emptying???? HELP!

Forgot to add there is no wetness on the wall carpets which joins the dampish floor carpet.

2155 owners 16 Sep 2014 05:15 #65

• jlombard
Hello BOC,

I just joined this site, ran across this topic and thought I would check in. My craft is not exactly a 2155. I'm pretty sure the actual model number is a 2152 Capri, 1989 vintage. She is not a Sunbridge. I wanted a Sunbridge, but the height on the trailer was too tall for my boat-port. She is powered by a 5.8L Ford (351W), coupled to an SEI outdrive. She came with an OMC Cobra, but for reasons related to a hard life in salt water, I elected to make the change to the SEI. This has been a 3-year restoration project with many chapters and countless hours of labor. I'm in way too deep to stop now.
Just got back from a 3-day trip to Lake Roosevelt in Eastern WA. Put about 200 miles under the keel. Absolutely marvelous. This is where the picture was taken.
Any other folks out there with this hull style? Anyone in the Puget Sound area a member of a Bayliner Association, or want to start one?

Thanks, John

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: by jlombard. Reason: Added picture

2155 owners 05 Dec 2014 01:08 #66

• saintsfan92344
  • Thank you received: 3
Just picked up an 89 2155, 5.7 or 5.0 cobra, running cond and just needs a good buffing. the upholstery is an 8 out of 10. only thing it needs is side windows, both are cracked so I need a sheet of tinted plexiglass. Has a fishfinder/chartplotter, newer bimini, new stereo. for 3k Im extremely happy

1990, 2655, 7.4l bravo 2
Last Edit: by saintsfan92344.

2155 owners 03 Feb 2015 09:10 #67

• tracyuk
Hi all, we've just bought a 1985 2155 Sunbridge and can't wait to get her out on the water! She has a 2007 Mercruiser 4.3 with Alpha 1 gen 2 leg fitted.

This message has attachments images.

2155 owners 08 Jul 2015 22:50 #68

• 1969fergie
i bought a 1987 bayliner 2150, 5.0L OMC

"Tequila Sunrise" from KW family and the boat was in southampton Ontario.
Made the trip home 3+ hours back to Ancaster and nothing broke....

things I have done:
completely removed old interior, wet, rotten smelling, faded, disgusting.
-removed squirrels nest and a about a hundred walnuts from the storage area in washroom and on starboard side section connecting engine compartment to bridge area(steering cable area)
-found a bag with new u-joints.... HMMMM.... took off old drive and had new u-joints installed (May 2014) and I put the new drive, gaskets etc back in, June 2014 (pain in the ass), sanded down the drive and repainted the drive, added new cobra stickers to the drive lift arms, new Cobra(snake) logo for the top of the drive, and new Cobra badges(round) that go over the Dummy holes on the upper sides of the drive

-bought a new deep cycle battery
-fixed a lot of wiring issues, trim tab pumps were wired with 5AMP fuses and blew every time you tried to use them, proper ones now installed, Fixed the colour of the wiring on second battery so Positive is marked properly, horn wiring fixed, horn switch contacts cleaned, new running light on bow pulpit. (old bow pulpit was snapped off, prev owner was not really sure how he did it.... maybe it was too heavy of an anchor he said.... right....anyway donor from the other boat was installed after a few hours of cursing and sweating on a very humid day (not volunteering to help anyone redo this)
-new blower installed 2014
-new blower hose installed 2014
-all fluids topped up on stern drive pumps and Trim tab pumps
-wiper motor did not work, still have not looked at it as I don't plan on using the boat in the rain

-drove to Windsor after 2 weeks of negotiations on Kijiji and bought a complete exterior seating section, front windshield (3-PC section)with Glass vs plastic the prev owner had used, also got a basic mooring cover, Bimini top, cabin door, trim tab pump, aft cabin window, horn, Bow Pulpit from the other boat (2155) found out the 2155 windshield is actually 1/2 or so taller but it works better than plastic.

-stripped all of the old exterior seating/material and installed the seats from parts boat, huge improvement
-removed the rub rail rubber (two small screws on the back) and slid/pried it out. This was done to to leaks around the rub rail. I drilled out any possible rivet I could find and then purchased stainless screws,nuts,washers . I drilled out and countersunk the new stainless screws into the rubrail and through the hull. I injected 5200 sealant between the top and bottom half of the joint and into the hole just as the screw was about to seat in the hole. My daughter used a ratchet on the inside while i used a "FAT" philips on the stainless screws on the outside. we did this on every one till it was completely sealed again.
I also ran a bead of marine caulk on the under side to ensure no water would be pushed up into the gap on the lower side of the rub rail and also did the same on the top edge although a very skinny strip was used.

Pinstriping (AGGHH)
I did what I could to removed the nasty 1987' ish nasty stripes with a special wheel a scraper, fingernails etc.. pain in the A$$

Paint
New Interlux paint was ordered 3 quarts Matterhorn white, 1 quart Dark Blue and 1 Quart light Blue
-I started by sanding with 320 and a palm sander, washed the boat down and then with a damp (Acetoned) towel, wiped down the boat further.
-next the boat was taped/prepped and my daughter and I rolled and tipped the whole boat, rub rail down to the very bottom of the hull (on a trailer), small sections at a time and work out to in, apply where there is no paint and feather back in to where you just left off, we used foam rollers and a very good quality (Horse Hair brush), after this coat dried, coat #2 went on, make sure you wait the proper time between coats or your will have a messy looking paint job

after two coats dried we went back a day later and did the stripes
the bottom pinstripe(blueish/ purple) was going to be ridiculous to have a new stripe made with modern colours, guess what, the Dark Blue paint covered it up and it looks like a proper bootstripe..

now the boat looked amazing compared with the day I picked it up

Interior
-Bought all new carpet, (shop around,,,, I paid $48 per yard, too much in my opinion)
-new Hull liner?mouse fur was ordered as well. In total $752 for hull liner to cover from the rub rail down and over the front shelf below the hatch window plus a gallon of Helmaprene glue to secure everything back in place

before I could do this I realized the front sump was bad, then replaced with a new auto bilge
-then realized the front bilge had had so much water in it at one point and froze, that it broke away the top floor section from the top of the bilge and would potentially allow nasty water to ruin the carpet and or allow mold to grow in the future..
-template made from bristol board, traced onto Plywood, plywood coated with fiberglass resin, 2 hours later, this board was screwd into place over top of the old one, then it was completely laminated to the old floor/boat with fiberglass cloth/roving, two layers and smoothed until flush. The table bracket (square with round indent for table leg) was fiberglassed into the new floor to completely seal it from possible leaks as well

installing the carpet and hull liner takes time,,, take time go slow, measure, measure, measure and then cut
Interior now looks great

washroom
pull out the carpet.... Blahh and smelly toilet that only had chemical in it,,, smelly
entrance into Washroom was carpeted and the face of the step was carpeted. Fake hardwood was installed on the floor and the toilet now mounts on top of this vs a carpeted riser.

Sound system on boat had been upgraded to a Sony cd player but that was removed in favour of a Sony Marine head unit with an optional remote control mounted at the helm for easier control of "LOUD"
New enegry component speakers, cheaper marine 5 1.4' were purchased for the front of the cabin to replaced some paper dual cones, a Rockford 4 X 40watt amp was purchased for these two sets and a Phoenix gold 300.1 took the role of running the 10" WO in a box
all new wires had to be run from Battery to Washroom.
the amps were located on the wall to the right behind the helm when you walk into the washroom.
-the deck was installed just above the level of the step going out of the cabin onto the stepdown on the deck (in the wall leading to the washrrom door, in the gap between the helm and the washrrom shelf) you will know what I mean if you have this boat

Pick up from storage April, 2015
-On my way home left rear wheel on the tandem axle trailer is wobbling like a cartoon wheel.
-I get it up the road almost crawling to a shop that specializes in trailers and find out the inner bearing was bad and tore itself up from being seized and then damaged the spindle.
the trailer guy fixed the spindle, and replaced all inner and outer bearings for $220..

windows( 2015)
-leaks, leaks, more leaks
-the imitation front black plexi windows were removed this year, for good
-the other two long side windows were removed as well, cleaned up, new butyl installed to seal the window and special caulking for acryllic was used to seal the outer edges after the window was seated to the hull. the starboard side had a crack in it and then split right in two while cleaning it... It was re-installed and a special plastic welding chemical was purchased ($4) 2OZ bottle until a new window could be made... AA Plastics in Hamilton Ontario,,, $107 59" window, seemed ok.. now I just have to do this window when I have time
-Hatch window was completely removed, screw holes were cleaned, surface area was acetoned, and then a bead of 4200 was installed all the way around the base of the hatch where it meets the deck, plus each screw hole was filled with 4200. the hatch was then re installed and the screws were set in about 3/4 of the way for 1/2 hour, then they completely tightened down and excess 4200 oozed out onto the frog tape that had been used to tape off the area, it was then wiped clean and tape removed.

tempered glass deck windows (2015)
-the old sealer had dried and previous owners had gouped on many layers of silicone hoping each layer would fix the previous failed layer.. nope.
I cut the silicone with an ULFA knife and use a right angled windshield PULLER KNIFE and gently slid the blade under the tempered glass and cut the windows out.
after they were cleaned and prepped etc, the holes were then cleaned prepped, masked. I used Marin Butyl around the perimeter inside face of the glass where it would seat to the deck opening. If I had to do this again I would use a slightly thicker butyl.
Once the window was in, I used the 4200 to completely fill the gap and make a nice seal/transition from the deck to the glass,

NO MORE LEAKS YEAH

Kitchenette cabinet was painted white, wood trim on counter was sanded, then epoxy sealed.
-odd shaped cabin table "wood trim" was re-attached to the table as it had broken off, it was also epoxy coated and the table top was treated with a re-finishing (counter top marble) and it looks much better than the dusty rose formica

purchased a used 20 ft shore power cable from a kijiji ad. May 2015... bought a 35 ftt 220V, 32A marinco cord with male end from Sayal components for $35, Juen 2015 cut off the 220V end and installed the ends from my shorter cord onto this longer cord.. $75 shore power cord and a spare 20ft 10/3 power cable

MORE Paint
decided to keep at a dock and use more often in 2015
-oops, Interlux Brightside paint cant be left in the water for extended periods or it will blister and peel. I even called interlux in (Texas?) and thats what I was told....
so sand the interlux down to gelcoat at the bootline and then repaint with sharkwhite Bottom coat

New Top
-I purchased 12 yards of outdoor (Sunbrella ) type material from a liquidator in Markham $8 per yard
-I cut the fabric in two lengths long enough to go from the front of the windshield, all the way to the back and over the rear rails.
measure, cut ,sew, repeated many many many times.
Installed snaps.
-I know have a nice mooring cover to keep out the elements..
-The camper top that came with the boat is really rough and I did I mentioned its a rose/burgundy sunfaded colour.?
-prev owner had sewn up all of the bad seams and zippers with monofilament(fish line)..... scissors & razor blade fixed that.. Then I used my Juki DDL 555 sewing machine that I bough online specifically to redo the interior of this boat and the top, (then I bought the other cockpit seats already re-done and made my over cover

2155 owners 30 Dec 2015 13:41 #69

• brighton lad
Hi i am going to look at a bayliner 2155 tomorrow for sale,it has an omc 5.8l v8.
Are there anything i should especially look out for or any tips what to look for on the boat?
Thanks martin

2155 owners 30 Dec 2015 18:04 #70

• Ruffryder
  • Thank you received: 1418

brighton lad wrote: Hi i am going to look at a bayliner 2155 tomorrow for sale,it has an omc 5.8l v8.
Are there anything i should especially look out for or any tips what to look for on the boat?
Thanks martin

Ensure that Cobra is shifting smoothly properly.

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
93 3058
92 2855
91 Fourwinns 205
Longbranch WA
Life is Good

2155 owners 04 Sep 2016 12:29 #71

• vypper99
  • old member back1989 2155 Sunbridge Ciera 3.0L M
I have a 1989 2155
Check it out

This message has attachments images.

2155 owners 04 Sep 2016 13:06 #72

• vypper99
Man I'm glad I didn't by the boat you did too much work. HaHa
I did a lot of work but did not have as many issues as you

2155 owners 04 Sep 2016 13:16 #73

• vypper99
My 3.0L Mercruiser Alpha one is great on fuel bullet proof but it's a cruiser not a powerhouse HaHa
Tabs get her up

2155 owners 08 Apr 2017 21:51 #74

• Vypper
  • Thank you received: 2
I like the black you did on the aluminium window trim. Did you prime with a self etching primer. What paint did you use.

2155 owners 17 Aug 2017 16:20 #75

• lonfu
  • 87 Ciera Sunbridge 2150 owned since 1989
  • Thank you received: 3
Boat looks great. Interior shots?

1987 Bayliner Ciera Sunbridge 2150.
May your portapot not tip over in 5 foot seas.......
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds