Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trophy 2002WA Owners

Trophy 2002WA Owners 20 Jun 2017 00:16 #26

• GetOverIt
  • Marine Technician
  • Thank you received: 8

SoFloStone wrote: Thanks FrankC, sound like I have covered most of the faults including the double battery and the light, but will definitely get some taco hatch seal tape for the fish bins.

I had to replace the front anchor hatch, and the live well hatch, and noticed the wood under the live well step has a bit of rot happening. is the wood underneath only underneath the step in that area, or do I need to take the rot in that area seriously and get into cutting and repairing the rot.

Great idea on the rear seats, will have to look into that.

Rick

Rick, what did you end up doing with the livewell wood rot? I just replaced those two 7x11 hatches that I finally found at Greatlakesskipper.com and noticed the same problem.

I didn't do anything to it yet but I think I'm going to end up trying to remove some of the rot from the outside and re-glass it.
What I noticed when I replaced the hatch is, it appears the hatches may not have been the original one's because the cutout for the hatch had two roughly 2-3" notches cutout with a piece in the middle. Looks like there was a hatch installed that had maybe protruding hinges and someone cutout the notches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Greg

1997 Trophy 2002WA w/1999 Yamaha OX66 SX150TXRX
Vessel Name: Trynhooker
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds