Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trophy 2802 Owners

Trophy 2802 Owners 14 Feb 2012 18:16 #1

• cruiser6003
  • cruiser6003's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Didn't see any threads about the Trophy 2802. I have had mine for about 2 years. It has Mercury 225s on it. Would love to converse with others with this boat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Joel & Vicki
m/v Liberty Call
Trophy 2802 - Merc 225 * 2
Treasure Island, FL

Trophy 2802 Owners 03 Oct 2015 19:25 #2

• Steveg25112
  • Thank you received: 1
I have just taken delivery of a 1999 trophy 2802. Still finding all the bugs but I love the boat. There doesn't seem to be many owners of this model on here. I'm glad to see there is at least one more. Hope I can get some input on the boat from you. Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: AKRON2802

Trophy 2802 Owners 01 Feb 2017 10:04 #3

• AKRON2802
Hi Steve,

I just joined this site and came upon your post. Thought I should send you a few words.

I purchased a very nice 1997 2802 hard top, back is 2012. She is powered by a couple of 1998 Mariner 225's. Her previous owner was meticulous and I have done my best to keep everything up to par. She is full of redundancy in electronics, besides the original Raytheon fish finder, there is a Garmin 4208 with a 15 mile Garmin radar and engine info integrated and an old Garmin 182 color chart plotter. Working the two together is insurance in those foggy situations. The Ray Marine Dragonfly with chirp provides a nice view of whats down below and yea, third nav. Cell booster works as long as I am in line of site to a tower, though Prince William Sound is a big place and the towers are few and many miles away. The 6-man offshore survival raft atop the hard top adds to the comfort level when motoring out into the Gulf of Alaska a few times. I spend a great deal of time out in the Prince William Sound of Alaska. Awesome area! She likes to cruse at 32 mph and I have had her up to 47, but not often with the fuel what it is $$. I have been finding replacement parts a tall order to fill. I have a few of the the rectangular cabin windows with broken latches that I would like to replace and that little latch which holds the cabin door open that seems to break regularly and an easy find at West Marine. How has your parts hunting been? The #1 pic of the "Attitude" was taken in the Seward Alaska Harbor. #2 was in Whittier Harbor.

Anyway, I hope you have had some enjoyment in my introduction and I hope your having plenty of time enjoying your 2802. I look forward to an occasional chat. Take care and best wishes, Ron

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

1997 Trophy 2802, twin 225 Mariners
Last Edit: by AKRON2802.

Trophy 2802 Owners 01 Feb 2017 10:14 #4

• AKRON2802
Hi Joel and Vicki,

I just joined this site and sent a message to Steveg25112. Thought I should at least do a copy paste to you and put you in the loop.

Best regards, Ron AKRON2802

I just joined this site and came upon your post. Thought I should send you a few words.

I purchased a very nice 1997 2802 hard top, back is 2012. She is powered by a couple of 1998 Mariner 225's. Her previous owner was meticulous and I have done my best to keep everything up to par. She is full of redundancy in electronics, besides the original Raytheon fish finder, there is a Garmin 4208 with a 15 mile Garmin radar and engine info integrated and an old Garmin 182 color chart plotter. Working the two together is insurance in those foggy situations. The Ray Marine Dragonfly with chirp provides a nice view of whats down below and yea, third nav. Cell booster works as long as I am in line of site to a tower, though Prince William Sound is a big place and the towers are few and many miles away. The 6-man offshore survival raft atop the hard top adds to the comfort level when motoring out into the Gulf of Alaska a few times. I spend a great deal of time out in the Prince William Sound of Alaska. Awesome area! She likes to cruse at 32 mph and I have had her up to 47, but not often with the fuel what it is $$. I have been finding replacement parts a tall order to fill. I have a few of the the rectangular cabin windows with broken latches that I would like to replace and that little latch which holds the cabin door open that seems to break regularly and an easy find at West Marine. How has your parts hunting been? The #1 pic of the "Attitude" was taken in the Seward Alaska Harbor. #2 was in Whittier Harbor.

Anyway, I hope you have had some enjoyment in my introduction and I hope your having plenty of time enjoying your 2802. I look forward to an occasional chat. Take care and best wishes, Ron

This message has attachments images.

1997 Trophy 2802, twin 225 Mariners
Last Edit: by AKRON2802.

Trophy 2802 Owners 25 Apr 2017 21:18 #5

• Rhinobanger
We are getting a 1999 2802 in a few weeks, pending survey. Does anyone know if they come prewired for a windlass? We are excited and cant wait to get her in the gulf.

Dan

Trophy 2802 Owners 05 Jun 2017 16:44 #6

• legault333@gmail.com
Hi guys, bought a 2001 Trophy 2802 a few weeks ago.
Love the boat but having trouble with electricity: battery charger quit, shore power fridge breaker wont come back on (but works ok on 12v), starboard motor now gets no power,
I'm looking for the orner's manual but can only find the "supplement".
Do you have one? Brunswick can't seem to help me at this point.
Not many boats like this one in montreal canada ;)
Thanks

This message has an attachment image.

Trophy 2802 Owners 05 Jun 2017 16:56 #7

• Ruffryder
  • Thank you received: 1418
Owners manual is so vague, it won't help you much.
Ask your questions on here...we can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: legault333@gmail.com

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
93 3058
92 2855
91 Fourwinns 205
Longbranch WA
Life is Good

Trophy 2802 Owners 05 Jun 2017 20:02 #8

• legault333@gmail.com

Ruffryder wrote: Owners manual is so vague, it won't help you much.
Ask your questions on here...we can help.

I should have comme here earlier....it took us a day to find the battery charger under the "co-pilot's" seat!
I am having an electronics guy check the boat because of all the emerging problems (charger-motor-fridge..).
The manual was to save him time (and my money).
Seems to be a short circuit somewhere...

Last Edit: by legault333@gmail.com.
  • Page:
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds