Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2452 Owners

2452 Owners 27 Sep 2011 14:14 #426

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1

TimeOut 2452;615405 wrote: Over40, I saw that panel as well, but couldn't figure out how to open it. Is is screwed in or glued in? I'd love to use that to access the macerator for easier replacement.

Has two screws holding it in on either side hidden by covering

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2000 1750 Capri 4banger 130h merc
1995 2452 5.0 merc
1980 270 SD Sea Ray twin 260s Merc
1984 2150 305 Volvo Pinta 280 :arrSold:arr

2452 Owners 27 Sep 2011 14:23 #427

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

TimeOut 2452;615405 wrote: Over40, I saw that panel as well, but couldn't figure out how to open it. Is is screwed in or glued in? I'd love to use that to access the macerator for easier replacement.

Since you mentioned it how does that thing work notice switches on helm that operate it, but is it only for pumping over board. If so I have to disconect that hose or they will fine me on the lake.

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 01:38 #428

• LazyCrusr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 65

over40pirate;615374 wrote: Hey Sarah don't know if your still looking for access under the deck. And you may already know this but just above the step into cabin is an access hatch to just in front of the tanks.

Thanks for that, I did find that early on :)

So I did fix my washdown hose pump - wooHOO, the wiring was a mess. I reconnected and soldered the connections and it works!

DId the same on the house plumbing and have the pump working now but no water, or hardly any water. I'm not getting what the deal there is. Can somebody instruct me here? Pretty please :rolleyes:

My manual states that it is a pressurized system - I think mine has been altered maybe?
- first of all there is evidence that someone has done some lousy wiring down here. Obviously thiings have been changed, looks like a drunk monkey did the electrical.
- if the system is pressurized, why is there a water pump there with the output directly to the sink & shower? Wouldn't the plumbing source be from the tank?
- the pump turns on, w 12V power present but only delivers a trickle at most to the fixtures
- it is hard to fill the water tank, the water regurgitates back out the fill hose even at 20% full? Is there no vent on the water tank?

I think this system has been altered from original design. I imagine that an rv place would work on this fo rme?

thanks
Sarah

Boating is the Life !!
~ Sarah ~

'2006 Bayliner 195 Classic Bowider/COLOR]
Unnamed!
Alpha Drive 3.0 Merc 135 HP

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 02:50 #429

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

LazyCrusr;615704 wrote: Thanks for that, I did find that early on :)

So I did fix my washdown hose pump - wooHOO, the wiring was a mess. I reconnected and soldered the connections and it works!

DId the same on the house plumbing and have the pump working now but no water, or hardly any water. I'm not getting what the deal there is. Can somebody instruct me here? Pretty please :rolleyes:

My manual states that it is a pressurized system - I think mine has been altered maybe?
- first of all there is evidence that someone has done some lousy wiring down here. Obviously thiings have been changed, looks like a drunk monkey did the electrical.
- if the system is pressurized, why is there a water pump there with the output directly to the sink & shower? Wouldn't the plumbing source be from the tank?
- the pump turns on, w 12V power present but only delivers a trickle at most to the fixtures
- it is hard to fill the water tank, the water regurgitates back out the fill hose even at 20% full? Is there no vent on the water tank?

I think this system has been altered from original design. I imagine that an rv place would work on this fo rme?

thanks
Sarah

When you say shower is that a transom shower or head shower

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 03:43 #430

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Did you clean the ends of the faucets? They get clogged. Just take them off and remove all the screens (about 5 or 6 of them). Reinstall with half that amount after cleaning the holes of the screens and the white plastic diffuser where you will have some more debris in the edge holes...

As far as the shower head, same procedure if you can get the tip off the head...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 10:50 #431

• LazyCrusr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thanks guys!
I have a transom shower.
And no, I have not tried just cleaning the faucets. Makes sense tho, they're likely full of junk!

thanks very kindly

Sarah

Boating is the Life !!
~ Sarah ~

Unnamed!

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 11:55 #432

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

LazyCrusr;615774 wrote: Thanks guys!
I have a transom shower.
And no, I have not tried just cleaning the faucets. Makes sense tho, they're likely full of junk!

thanks very kindly

Sarah

Only reason I was asking, because I was hoping you had a shower in the head guess not an option on this boat. Come to think of it the head in this boat is smaller than in my 2150.

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 12:43 #433

• LazyCrusr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
oh yea,,,,it's teeny tiny alright.....

Boating is the Life !!
~ Sarah ~

Unnamed!

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 21:12 #434

• Ding Dang
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello to everyone. I am new to the forum but not new to boating.I have just purchased a 1993 2452 5.0 merc. The previous owner has installed electric windlass, underwater lighting, fridge, battery charger, it is equipped with shore power, vhf and comes with downriggers. (these were not used much.) It is in good overall condition needing minor cosmetic repairs like re- bedding of the horn, and all around light, a new all around light, the hardtop headliner is sagging in a couple of areas and it needs a good general cleaning. The cockpit enclosure also needs the flexable vinyl windows replaced. The side wndows also show some signs of leaking. On the mechanical side the 5.0 runs very well and the drive has had a driveshaft bellows and shift cable bellows recently replaced. The prop looks like it has had very little run time and it comes with a spare as well. All other equipment seems to be in working order. I believe this boat was also trailered some of the time. This was a brokerage boat from a reputable local brokerage. They were asking $6900.00 for the boat at the beginning of the summer. After patiently waiting it out I was able to buy the boat for $4800.00. That price included winterization and storage until next spring. My question for everyone is the price I paid. Too high? Good deal? After looking at other 2452's for sale, for me it's difficult to tell because the prices are all over the place. Thanks for all your input.

Ding Dang
Rhode Island

Ding Dang
Rhode Island
1993 2452 5.0 Mercruiser

2452 Owners 28 Sep 2011 21:23 #435

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Welcome Ding....

The price is all over the place dependent on what side of the country you are on. In FL, that is about the right price. Out here in the PNW, that is a great price. Not sure about RI but I would guess that is a great price as well, especially as it is loaded with goodies... Search this thread for fixing window leaks. Also, you can remove the paneling above the helm by pushing the vinyl fold away to expose the screws. Remove them then using a putty knife, remove the foam material from the bottom of the hard top until you expose the sagging vinyl. Once there, spray both the back of the vinyl and the hard top with 3M adhesive spray, let set till tacky (about 10 mins) and then starting from the back to forward, push the material back into place. The 3M should hold it in place if it was tacky when you started. Hardest part is using the putty knife to pull the vinyl back...

There are some photos in my 1996 album below when I install my radar and it shows the vinyl pulled down...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 29 Sep 2011 15:32 #436

• whatadeal
  • Thank you received: 8
Not sure on the pricing but WELCOME to site.

:cool

2004 2452
USCG master 50gross ton

2452 Owners 29 Sep 2011 19:05 #437

• David Meek
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
That's a very good price IMO.

Welcome to the club.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

David
2006 242 Off The Rock
5.7 Merc TKS, 250 HP, full closed cooling
Bravo II 2.20:1, 17-3/4"x21 RH prop
MMSI: 367492130

2452 Owners 29 Sep 2011 19:47 #438

• Ding Dang
Thanks for the info everyone especially the info on the window leaks. I was poking around the boat yesterday after work and also noticed that there is a fairly new battery charger that has been installed and also what I thought were down riggers may be a dinghy davit. Not really sure as I am not much of a fisherman. I also did confirm that every accessory and mechanical system works. As far as the boating market in RI goes, there seems to be a large selection of used boats that are affordable if one were to take the time to search and deal a little. In any case I am happy with the boat and price I paid. I had been looking for something that needed mechanical work that I could buy very cheap and fix for my family to use. The funny part of it is, that the boats I had looked at prior to buying the 2452 (Trojan, Penn Yan, Searay, Wellcraft, and a couple of Bayliners) needed large amounts of work and most were not in running condition. The asking price on most of those boats was close to what I paid for the 2452.

Ding Dang
Rhode Island

Ding Dang
Rhode Island
1993 2452 5.0 Mercruiser

2452 Owners 29 Sep 2011 20:11 #439

• Jamesfast
Ding,
That is a good price.
I paid almost that for mine with a bad engine, the 2452 is a great boat we love it.
Wish it had a full swim platform and wish Bayliner installed the fuel tank without rubber straps… but I’m getting off subject.

1996 2452 300hp Gen+(vortec) 5.7
4-Winns 245 460 king cobra.
Long Island NY
www.ghettogarage.com

2452 Owners 30 Sep 2011 00:38 #440

• softy
Mate,
You wouldn't get a trailer over here for that price.

2452 Owners 30 Sep 2011 02:06 #441

• LazyCrusr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WELCOME

Hi,,,,,,,sounds like a pretty terrific price to me.
You SCORED!
enjoy!

Boating is the Life !!
~ Sarah ~

Unnamed!

2452 Owners 04 Oct 2011 00:07 #442

• Ding Dang

over40pirate;615364 wrote: Found out today that the floor in the port side floor hatch is rotted. Anybody know if this is an indication of some bigger problems?

Hey Pirate,
I am curious as to where you found the rot. I would like to check mine out for the same issue. You said the port side floor hatch. I assume you are talking about the ones at the stern. My boat has what looks like a piece of plywood covered with a thin piece of particle type board painted white that is screwed down to the floor under the port and starboard floor hatches at the stern. Do you have pics?

Ding Dang
Rhode Island
1993 2452 5.0 Mercruiser

2452 Owners 05 Oct 2011 16:06 #443

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Ding Dang;617493 wrote: Hey Pirate,
I am curious as to where you found the rot. I would like to check mine out for the same issue. You said the port side floor hatch. I assume you are talking about the ones at the stern. My boat has what looks like a piece of plywood covered with a thin piece of particle type board painted white that is screwed down to the floor under the port and starboard floor hatches at the stern. Do you have pics?

You are describing my port side to a T only mine was not painted white. Since it did not look like strb side I pulled it up, the floor of the hatch was gone. No pics, but I will take some. After that I checked out strb side and it was a little soft at the very back (stern) of the floor of the hatch.

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 05 Oct 2011 22:04 #444

• Ding Dang

over40pirate;617980 wrote: You are describing my port side to a T only mine was not painted white. Since it did not look like strb side I pulled it up, the floor of the hatch was gone. No pics, but I will take some. After that I checked out strb side and it was a little soft at the very back (stern) of the floor of the hatch.

Thanks Pirate. After looking at my boat I will give you my opinion of the possible issue. It looks like when these boats were built, a stringer was needed to support the sole at the points between the stern floor hatches and and the engine cover. These stringers come up to meet the underneath of the sole for support. If the boats were left this way when finished, that would leave a good portion of the inside of the outer hull exposed when the stern hatches were open. It would also leave an angled bottom underneath the stern hatch. It would also provide a possibility that if anything heavy was dropped into the area under the stern hatch, it would be dropped directly on to the inside of the outer hull. It looks like Bayliner added a floor to the area underneath the hatches to protect the hull, and provide a nice storage area with a horizontal bottom. Bayliner also cut a hole in the floor under the hatches for some reason (inspection access??)and then covered the hole with un-glassed plywood and the particle board over it. Those covers seem to be rotting in your boat. If water were able to get into the enclosed area beneath the rotting cover, you would probably not know it. It could over time contribute to the deterioration of any un-glassed or damaged core or stringer material. I would pull up those port and starboard "covers" and inspect the area underneath carefully for rot. If it were ok I would make a new cover out of something that was a little more waterproof than unglassed ply and fiberboard. I would also make it so it were easily removable so you could inspect for and remove any water every so often. As a side note, if the sea scuppers are clogged or partially restricted, rain or seawater would not drain very fast. One of the first places it could go would be through the area where the hatches meet the sole and directly onto those now rotten covers and possibly into the enclosed area beneath them. I would bet that it's possible that any of the 2452's with those covers below the stern hatch run the risk that the cover is getting soft and possibly allowing water into the area below.

Ding Dang
Rhode Island
1993 2452 5.0 Mercruiser

2452 Owners 10 Oct 2011 03:56 #445

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Anybody know why my 2452 shutoffs every time I go to change gears. Forward to reverse or reverse to forward. Starts right backup but is always at the worst possible time docking or slow maneuvering. Thought I read in some forum about cable need to be replaced and mine is extremely hard to push of idle in either direction.

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 10 Oct 2011 21:52 #446

• captharv
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 85
The short cable between the interrupter assembly and the outdrive is probably bad.
Its a bit of work but doable.

Captharv 2001 2452
"When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

2452 Owners 12 Oct 2011 00:46 #447

• untied
Over 40

I am well over 60 and bought a 2452 last December. It had the same symptoms as yours and it is the lower shift cable. It goes from the shift interupt mechanism on the block down to the lower unit.

I just got back from a trip... car unfortunately not boat... but I will get back to you soon with the threads that were here about January of this year telling me how to address this problem.

In my case the guy who sold me the boat was a previous 2452 owner himself and promised to stand behind the product and get it working... he did. It takes dropping the lower unit, installing the cable, and then an alignment proceedure.

I will forward more when I get time... hopefully tomorrow after I get over the "driving lag".

Later,

Ed Badenell

1996 2452 5.0 Merc Alpha Gen II
West Coast Florida Cruising/Fishing
MMSI# 338119498

2452 Owners 12 Oct 2011 19:35 #448

• untied
I started this thread about this problem in January of this year... see if this link takes you there.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54897

If not the thread was called
Stall at Idle 1-11-2011
Let me know if this works.... getting to the thread I mean.

After a lot of fooling around it was indeed the lower shift cable as I was told early on.

I think both Doug and Rick chimed in on this one as well as others...

Ed Badenell

MMSI# 338119498

2452 Owners 13 Oct 2011 05:45 #449

• over40pirate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

untied;620331 wrote: I started this thread about this problem in January of this year... see if this link takes you there.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54897

If not the thread was called
Stall at Idle 1-11-2011
Let me know if this works.... getting to the thread I mean.

After a lot of fooling around it was indeed the lower shift cable as I was told early on.

I think both Doug and Rick chimed in on this one as well as others...

Ed Badenell

Took me right to the thread thanks. Now to find out what it will cost.

1995 2452 5.0 merc

2452 Owners 13 Oct 2011 12:35 #450

• untied
Over 40

I had not seen the last two posts to that thread about checking the cable supports. Since the dealer mechanic was doing the work in my case I did not get involved. The supports make a lot of sense, however, because if the cable is flopping around the shift won't work properly. Be sure to check all that first.

I hadn't noticed your local but strangely enough I spent last weekend (the trip I was discussing) near Marietta...

Good luck,

Ed

MMSI# 338119498
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds