Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2452 Owners

2452 Owners 29 Nov 2015 18:34 #1951

• Blackeyes
  • Born to fish, Forced to work
  • Thank you received: 17

oswinclose wrote: Would appreciate information on the Air Draft/Bridge height for my 2452 Classic 1993.

Putting mine away for the winter today and did a quick measure. 10'8" to the hand rails on the roof of the hard top. Trailer has bunks with 14' wheels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1998 Bayliner 2452 Ciera Express, 5.0 L 220 hp
2012 Ram 4 x 4 Big Horn - Hemi
Wardsville On. Ca.

2452 Owners 02 Dec 2015 05:41 #1952

• pumpkinhead
  • Thank you received: 0

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:

pumpkinhead wrote:

Go Aweigh2452 wrote: Dave, you will find a lot of things you can do to improve your 2452.... and we do a good job helping you spend money... (makes us feel good too...) :evil:

I think one of the best mods would be the bigger drop fin trim tabs...

Welcome and enjoy the 1800+ thread...

I have some of my older mods in my signature on my 2001 2452 and need to update that as I added a bunch more... these guys here have a ton of knowledge on our boats so don't worry about asking questions...

Doug,
I was looking at interior mods you've done and noticed you use the Xintex 2 tank display gauge. What made you choose this over the SCAD gauges?

Dave

Actually, I am in the middle of dumping them and using the system with the foil outside the tanks. I already cut the hole for the control unit and just need to connect wires... I will install a 2" clock in the hole created by the Xintex display. I have replaced the tubes going into the tanks twice and finally gave up on them... hence the new tank monitor system... It can do up to 8 tanks... If I can manage, I will try to also connect the gas tank but still figuring out how to attach the foil strips to the gas tank...

Thanks for the info Doug.

Dave

2001 Bayliner 2452 5.0
1964 Boston Whaler 13 (sold)
1981 Boston Whaler 13
1993 Boston Whaler Walkaround 21

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 20:16 #1953

• F4flier
Hi All,

I am new to BOC but not boating, this is the smallest of several sport fishing boats (That is what I have rigged it for, bought from fresh water Wallkill NY on the Hudson, Now in Apollo Beach FL but not in the water in covered storage. Nice boat and I want to keep it that way. I am a retired electrical engineering consultant (fiber optics communications) and looking to do some electrical mods as well as the sport fishing accouterments I am adding.

My question is, having dropped the instrument panel down this past week, I am looking at a lot of spare cable harness that is tie wrapped up and no place to go. The boat is a 2452XE and it has two spare blank instrument locations that I would like to add a trim tab indicator and furl economy indicator.

I cannot find a spares wiring harness diagram on the internet or anywhere else. Any help out there would be appreciated before I start pulling cable to the transom and engine compartment. I am assuming they may be for the spare instrument blanks.

Some nice boats here with numerous upgrades, kudos to you all!

Best Regards,

Tony DeBella

Tony
F4flier

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 20:39 #1954

• parrot fish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 56
Welcome aboard Tony!

Lots of knowledgeable members here who will chime in soon enough :)

Serenity
ZME8168
1997 Ciera Express SE 2452
Mercruiser 5.7L

Auckland, New Zealand

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 20:57 #1955

• F4flier
Thanks, glad to be here! Looking forward to restoring this with some twists of my own. The boat is mint, it is a 2001 with only 120 hours. The cuddy has never been used AC, heater, fridge and stove look like new. I am looking forward to fishing the near in gulf reefs here with her. I am 20 miles south of Tampa less than 10 miles from Kings, Wahoo and Grouper!

Regards,

Tony

Tony
F4flier

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 23:23 #1956

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Tony, your best bet is to get a Bayliner manual from either a BL dealer or ebay or Amazon for those diagrams. May even have them in our manual forum too...When I run into excess wiring, I normally just run an electrical check on it and chase the other end. That is hit and miss and then I will just run new wire but always attach a label to it so I know what that wire is for. I bought a Brother label maker just for that and print out labels for wires anytime I find a new run, etc.

BTW< welcome aboard...

Put your boat info in your signature... IE we know now its an 01 but what engine, what else does she have... Photos are always welcome...

I'll be posting a new mod shortly... Changed out my cabinet knobs in the cockpit area...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Last Edit: by Go Aweigh2452.

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 23:24 #1957

• Big Ben
  • Thank you received: 6

F4flier wrote: Hi All,

I am new to BOC but not boating, this is the smallest of several sport fishing boats (That is what I have rigged it for, bought from fresh water Wallkill NY on the Hudson, Now in Apollo Beach FL but not in the water in covered storage. Nice boat and I want to keep it that way. I am a retired electrical engineering consultant (fiber optics communications) and looking to do some electrical mods as well as the sport fishing accouterments I am adding.

My question is, having dropped the instrument panel down this past week, I am looking at a lot of spare cable harness that is tie wrapped up and no place to go. The boat is a 2452XE and it has two spare blank instrument locations that I would like to add a trim tab indicator and furl economy indicator.

I cannot find a spares wiring harness diagram on the internet or anywhere else. Any help out there would be appreciated before I start pulling cable to the transom and engine compartment. I am assuming they may be for the spare instrument blanks.

Some nice boats here with numerous upgrades, kudos to you all!

Best Regards,

Tony DeBella

I did the same thing this year with my 2 blanks. Not sure 100% about yours as mine is a 2005 242. Took awhile but I found the wiring diagrams on the internet and researched which gauges bayliner used from the factory so they matched. I pulled back my dash and could not believe how many wires were hanging back there/tied up/ taped etc. Installed a trim gauge and hr meter in the 2 blanks, wiring was right there after I figured out the wire color/number plugged in and done.

Dave
Nanaimo, BC

2005 242
5.7/Bravo II

2452 Owners 05 Dec 2015 23:49 #1958

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Another simple mod...

I broke one of the cabinet knobs under the helm seat of my 2001 2452 and of course the price to replace a plastic one was more than I thought it should be. So, I decided to change out both cabinet knobs and the knobs on my tackle boxes to locking ones since I leave my boat unattended for several weeks and I think locks make for good neighbors in a marina I am 3 hours away from. I found the keyed stainless steel knobs on Amazon for about $20.50 each and free shipping....

BTW, the cabinet hole had to be made bigger to accommodate the larger locking knob... (2" hole saw)

Now I have two plastic tackle box knobs and one (the other one is too broke) that I can ship to any body that needs them for the price of economy shipping. PM me if interested. Should only cost a couple/few bucks to ship in a bubble package.
old knob:

new knob:

old tackle box knobs:

new tackle box knobs:

Old knobs for anyone willing to pay for shipping:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Doug ;}
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Last Edit: by Go Aweigh2452.

2452 Owners 06 Dec 2015 01:49 #1959

• F4flier
Thanks for the input guys I will definitely post some pictures as soon as I can. As I said I am an avid sport fishing fanatic and have sort of started turning her into a close-in gulf bay fishing machine for local tournaments and pleasure cruising.

There are lots of things as an engineer that are running thru my head, definitely want to add LED lighting a GO light and for sure a windlass is probably next , so any input there would also be welcome. USPS just delivered 2 new old stock Star Craft center console bait well that I am going to have upholstered this week and install them as soon as they are ready. I will post pictures as we go!

I guess I will break out the old Simpson 260 in my workshop and go cable harness hunting. My gut tells me that due to the number of them and the wire counts they are all somewhere in the engine compartment.

What were the Bayliner gauges that you installed? They sound like the ones I will be hunting shortly. Thanks for all the input.

Best regards,

Tony

Tony
F4flier

2452 Owners 06 Dec 2015 02:24 #1960

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
Besides the BL dealer you can also try greatlakesskipper.com and on this site... Go2Marine which when you click on their embedded url, you get a BOC discount...

eBay is hit or miss for parts for BL...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 06 Dec 2015 04:33 #1961

• parrot fish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Ditto Doug on labeling cables as you id them, got a Brother label machine for it too :)

I've found that the color codes can sometimes be incorrect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Go Aweigh2452

Serenity
ZME8168
Mercruiser 5.7L

Auckland, New Zealand

2452 Owners 09 Dec 2015 05:47 #1962

• Big Ben
  • Thank you received: 6

F4flier wrote: Thanks for the input guys I will definitely post some pictures as soon as I can. As I said I am an avid sport fishing fanatic and have sort of started turning her into a close-in gulf bay fishing machine for local tournaments and pleasure cruising.

What were the Bayliner gauges that you installed? They sound like the ones I will be hunting shortly. Thanks for all the input.

Best regards,

Tony

I ones I used to match my factory ones were Faria Kronos

Dave
Nanaimo, BC

2005 242
5.7/Bravo II

just recieved a 1995 bayliner 2452 (newbee) 11 Dec 2015 05:43 #1963

• steviep
Does anybody know where i can buy or download a owners or operators manual ?

1993 Bayliner 2452 merc bravo 3

just recieved a 1995 bayliner 2452 (newbee) 11 Dec 2015 05:50 #1964

• Ion66
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 74
There aren't boat manuals in the same way you have them for cars as such. There are manuals for the engines and drives, which are common to many makes and models. Check what you have, and most marine supply shops or online will have a manual for your engine/drive. Of course, having said that, I find: www.manualslib.com/manual/815793/Bayline...Classic-Cruiser.html

Bayliner sometimes has the manuals that came with the boats on their website, but they can be hard to track down, and generally are more just basic boat stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steviep

1996 2252 LS Capri Cuddy Cabin. Merc. 5.7L . Port Perry, Ontario, Canada.

just recieved a 1995 bayliner 2452 (newbee) 11 Dec 2015 06:21 #1965

• steviep
thanks Lon66 : Didn't even know where the fueses, or breakers were. Justwant to go fishing (safely).

1993 Bayliner 2452 merc bravo 3

2452 Owners 11 Dec 2015 08:39 #1966

• parrot fish
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Steviep the fuses are under the dasboard - accessed by removing the pvc cover, it is just above the fore facing seat backrest in the cabin.

Stay safe!

Serenity
ZME8168
Mercruiser 5.7L

Auckland, New Zealand
Last Edit: by parrot fish.

2452 Owners 01 Jan 2016 14:58 #1967

• lostbackpacker
  • Thank you received: 1
Where can I find a list of factory specs for a 1993 Bayliner 2452 ? i.e. beam, holding tank, fuel, etc?

thanks
Mike--lostbackpacker--

2452 Owners 01 Jan 2016 18:40 #1968

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

lostbackpacker wrote: Where can I find a list of factory specs for a 1993 Bayliner 2452 ? i.e. beam, holding tank, fuel, etc?

thanks
Mike--lostbackpacker--

If your local Bayliner dealer can't find an owners manual (which has limited info anyway), you could try on line and download. The fuel tank has a tag on it and I think it was 78 gallons but not sure anymore. Both water and holding tanks have 20 gallons capacity. Beam says it is 8' 6" but when I measured mine it was 8' 5".

This site may help you with limited info... www.baylinercustomercare.com/catalogs_index.html Your year boat will be a pdf download. It has a lot of info... Just save it to a boat folder file. Also check the archive section of BOC and there might be more info besides what is in this forum...

Good luck..

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 01 Jan 2016 21:54 #1969

• lostbackpacker

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:

lostbackpacker wrote: Where can I find a list of factory specs for a 1993 Bayliner 2452 ? i.e. beam, holding tank, fuel, etc?

thanks
Mike--lostbackpacker--

If your local Bayliner dealer can't find an owners manual (which has limited info anyway), you could try on line and download. The fuel tank has a tag on it and I think it was 78 gallons but not sure anymore. Both water and holding tanks have 20 gallons capacity. Beam says it is 8' 6" but when I measured mine it was 8' 5".

This site may help you with limited info... www.baylinercustomercare.com/catalogs_index.html Your year boat will be a pdf download. It has a lot of info... Just save it to a boat folder file. Also check the archive section of BOC and there might be more info besides what is in this forum...

Good luck..

Thanks for the tip. I found one for a 1996. That will most likely get me close till I find the exact year.

2452 Owners 02 Jan 2016 03:08 #1970

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA

lostbackpacker wrote:

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:

thanks
Mike--lostbackpacker--

Good luck..

Thanks for the tip. I found one for a 1996. That will most likely get me close till I find the exact year.

'96 OWNER's manual? or parts for a '96? That site goes all the way back to 1993 for the pdf file of your year boat...

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2452 Owners 04 Jan 2016 01:41 #1971

• lostbackpacker
I didn't see the little arrows that let you scroll for earlier years...... thanks

Salt Water 09 Jan 2016 07:25 #1972

• mwjw5461
Our new(remanufactured) 5.7 engine has never been in salt water, we are taking a trip up the St Johns River to Jacksonville and down the Intracoastal Waterway to St Augustine.Figure the round trip will be about 400 miles which is probably not a long trip to some on here but we are counting the days till we leave!! The boat will be in salt water for about a week and then we head back down the St Johns to Hontoon Landing where we slip it. After we get about 60 miles back down the river it will be fresh water again so this should flush the engine and the AC(when we run it in the fresh water)out thoroughly right? When we get back figure I will hose everything off good but do we think it is a bad idea to take her into the salt water at all?

2452 Owners 09 Jan 2016 10:58 #1973

• Chief Alen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1079
You might want to run salt away thru it.

You also can get a couple of cans of corrosion pro " grease in a can "

Grease down everything you can reach with it.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

2452 Owners 09 Jan 2016 13:56 #1974

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
+1 Salt Away run through the engine but with that long a distance in fresh, it won't do much more than all that fresh water. Have fun and post photos or it did not happen!!!

Doug ;}

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Salt Water 13 Jan 2016 17:40 #1975

• Dooglas
  • Thank you received: 7

mwjw5461 wrote: ....... but do we think it is a bad idea to take her into the salt water at all?

You didn't say whether your boat has freshwater cooling, i.e. a heat exchanger so that saltwater does not circulate within the engine? With freshwater cooling, there is really no reason to avoid using your boat in saltwater. The last leg of the trip home in freshwater is an ideal situation. Now, if you have raw water cooling, that is a different discussion. Certainly many take raw water cooled boats into salt water but rust will accumulate inside the cooling passages of the engine. I think you said you are an engineer, so I suppose you want everything just so. My own advice would be to convert a raw water boat to freshwater cooling before extended use in saltwater. (and I took my own advice ;) )

2005 Classic 242
5.7L Bravo 2
Portland, OR
Last Edit: by Dooglas.
Moderators: Jim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds