Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4788 guest room water leak

4788 guest room water leak 26 Sep 2017 06:36 #1

• vpool
  • vpool's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a water leak in the guest bedroom that appears to be coming down the inside of the outboard wall accumulating on the deck under the mattress at the foot end located under the galley stove. I am suspecting the port side deck drain aft of the port pilot house door. The only other source I can imagine is the rub rail. Does anyone have experience with this kind or leak? Does anyone have experience with re-bedding the deck drain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4788 guest room water leak 26 Sep 2017 07:16 #2

• higgins_jr
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 357
Vpool, it could be from a few places, including the flybridge drain (behind the side Perspex door cabinet, floor under cabinet). The attached skupper drain hose oftentimes is not attached properly. However you can get to the deck drain base to check whether it's leaking from the cupboard next to the stove. There are access hatches in the back of the cupboard that can be removed and you can drape paper towels around the fitting etc to see if you can track a water trail.

Failing that, the guest room ceiling can come down. The L ceiling corners can come out which will reveal a few more screws and the whole ceiling panel can be removed. That will reveal the cavity immediately under the gunwales to spot any leaks from the railing and you'll be able to tighten the rubrail thru bolts at the same time. The ceiling panel is tight and you'll need a helper to put it back up.

Good luck with it.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Technomadia, vpool

John H
Brisbane QLD Aust
"Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

4788 guest room water leak 26 Sep 2017 13:57 #3

• egbauman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 47
VPool - I spent more time on this very problem than any other issue on the boat. Please look at this thread.

www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...rror-show-underneath

Before you pull the rubrail off, I would definitely check the bottom of the drain. Just stick a running hose on the top of the drain and run your arm up inside the galley cabinet to the bottom of drain and see if it leaks. If it doesn't, I would pull off the rubrail, reseal the hull/deck joint and reattach the rubrail with new hardware. You'll need to take apart the inside of the guest cabin to access the back of the rubrail but it's not that bad a job (I've done it twice).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Technomadia, vpool

Evan
2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
League City, TX
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds