"All other deck areas are good. Is this easily repairable? Diy, or sign of deeper problems there?"
That area is fairly easy to repair and the problem is typically a leak from eth drip rail on the front.
If all other wood areas are good I would suspect someone has taken great care of the boat or that it has had repairs completed in the past.
Here are a few of the areas that can become problems due to wood on the 45.....
- fly bridge deck all
- bow winch back to the seat deck area
- Fly bridge seats
- Fly bridge deck
- Wood behind windows on the sides of the Pilothouse
- Davit base and sides
- fly bridge overhangs on the sides
- Strut bolt anchoring locations
- these wood platforms below: the water heater(s), fresh water tanks, holding tank, batteries, AC units, etc
Hope this helps
- engine stringers (rarely a problem)