Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you wish you knew before buying your cruiser?

What do you wish you knew before buying your cruiser? 21 Aug 2017 03:13 #26

• Framedtrash
  • Thank you received: 2
i wished i knew how quickly i would want to upgrade to a larger boat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2000 Bayliner 3055 Ciera - Wine Down
Townsville, QLD Australia

What do you wish you knew before buying your cruiser? 21 Aug 2017 08:43 #27

• trek71
  • Thank you received: 0
that "30% of purchase cost for the first 1.5 years" is absolutely true.
I was not aware of the fact and it really stretched my budget, especially when you think whether all that investment actually increases the value of the boat (father than your purchasing price).

Spending the next couple of months with anger and cursing, you eventually accept the situation and start enjoying the boat :)

My 2 cents: don't buy a bigger boat second hand unless a woman has been living in it. The touch and care of women really make a big difference.

Antalya / Turkey

What do you wish you knew before buying your cruiser? 21 Aug 2017 19:43 #28

• dilligaf
  • Thank you received: 3
The fun factor was the big thing. Wife and I looked at each other after the first time out and said we should have done this a long time ago. Our only mistake was going to big for being able to launch at most lakes here in Minnesota. We did the opposite of most and down sized from 30' to 25'. Now we can hit many more lakes with it.

The problem with self-improvement is knowing when to quit.

What do you wish you knew before buying your cruiser? 21 Aug 2017 21:27 #29

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335

Tincupchalice wrote: Hey all.
Wednesday I pick up my new to me 3055. I've had bow riders for years with my current boat a 23 foot jet boat. So, what do you wish you had known before you made the jump to "bigger boating"? Can be anything. Systems, manuvering, maintenance, etc.

You have just purchased one of Bayliners best Ciera cruisers ever built. They are as good looking now as they were when they were first introduced in 1999. The styling is superb. I received lots of positive comments about the styling on my 3055 when I still owned her. It is the roomiest 30 footer on the water. Plenty of storage space for its size. Mine was ordered with the twin 5.7's. For a twin engined boat it got really IMO great fuel economy. Mine was rack stored so the hull was clean. I topped out at 45 MPH.

One tip, if you are a do it yourselfer doing such things as engine tune ups and oil changes working on the outboard sides of the engines is a bit more difficult. For instance when I was changing sparkplugs on mine for the outboard sides of each engine I would take 4 sparkplugs with me so I only had to wiggle into and out from the space once. A pillow to lay on is a plus when changing spark plugs or when changing the oil filter on the port side engine.

I hope you will love your 3055 as much as I did mine. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tincupchalice

Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds