• Page:

TOPIC: Magnum Inverter AC Backfeed Fault

Magnum Inverter AC Backfeed Fault 30 Jul 2017 21:32 #1

• vinomaker
  • vinomaker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I have the Magnum ME Series model 3112 Inverter with a ME-RC remote which I have had no problems with in 4 years. Recently while in the Broughtons I started getting faults on the panel. Red Light fault reads "AC Backfeed" I have reset the inverter, re-set the breaker, turned the unit off.

The fault happens on generator and on shore power. On shore power I have turned the inverter off and using the shore power but the panel still has the red light flashing. While motoring, I have to have the inverter on to provide power to 110 sockets running a computer chart plotter and other things. I do have an independent Furuno chart plotter that doesn't need the inverter. Once I start the engines, I restart the inverter and it works fine underway. But when I stop at anchor & generator or at shore power I get the fault.

I will be able to get tech assistance once back and connected to cell and wifi. In the meantime, I am plugging into shore, shutting off the inverter and ignoring the red fault light.

Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cheers!
Vinomaker
Jerome Robbins
Rear Commodore, Fidalgo Yacht Club
Anacortes, WA
2001 Bayliner 4788
Twin 370 Cummins
1994 Bayliner Ciera 2855 454 V8-7.4L
1994 Bayliner Classic 2252 V6-5.2L

Magnum Inverter AC Backfeed Fault 30 Jul 2017 23:50 #2

• Uncle Bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 132
If you get it with the inverter off, then it isn't the Magnum. More likely a loose ground on your AC panel. Disconnect the inverter from the battery if you are going to fiddle with the AC panel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vinomaker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds