Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 5288 Leak at Upper Bunk / Windshield leak?

5288 Leak at Upper Bunk / Windshield leak? 30 Mar 2017 16:39 #1

• VanHoozer
  • VanHoozer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
The inside of the upper bunk in the mid-ship stateroom gets wet. Does anyone have any idea where the water is coming from? Windshield, by chance? Any idea how cure it? Thank you very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5288 Leak at Upper Bunk / Windshield leak? 31 Mar 2017 00:31 #2

• igiftmon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
Do you have hydronic heat, by chance? I ask, as if it's like a 5788, the ceiling of the upper bunk is directly under the pilot house dash area which have the hoses and pilot house area hydronic heat module run. Maybe the window isn't leaking. Another possibility is the wiper fluid hose that goes through the port wall. Mine was cracked and leaked...again that is if it's like the 5788, Yet another possibility is a fitting on the deck like a stanchion of something. I had a leak in the forward cabin and found a stanchion that was leaking from its base into the cabinet on the starboard side, which made Rory sopping wet. I seal it and haven't had an issue since...

Just a couple thoughts. Hope it helps.

BJ
OMEGA
The following user(s) said Thank You: VanHoozer

5288 Leak at Upper Bunk / Windshield leak? 31 Mar 2017 14:14 #3

• jas0381
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
There is a hatch above the upper bunk, aft. Is it dripping there. Can you remove the hatch and look into that area. If it is like mine, the problem was with the windshield screws. You can actually see how thin the fiberglass is when the sun is shining above. This has been the problem for others here as well, where the windshield is attached to the hull.

Clean the windshield drains with a hose and enough water pressure to free accumulated grunge. Dry then with a hairdryer. Apply Capt. Tollys with a few to several treatments according to the instructions. Once dry, it worked for me.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VanHoozer

Joe
2001 5288
Lucky Liner ll
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds