Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: inverter/charger for 3788

inverter/charger for 3788 06 Mar 2017 20:32 #26

• secuuda
  • secuuda's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
jmoultray,
Yes I do understand for most of what you have said and we run things on the boat very sparingly, say my wife wants a cup of tea we will use either a 12volt unit while underway and in the morning I will use a electric tea kettle, and fallowing up maybe some toast again, not at the same time. I do most of my cooking on the BBQ.
At night we will, if possible have a movie, watch my tv is only 60 watts and small electronic but always conscious about what we are plugging in and when its time to put on the genset if needed. I think I mentioned I will add more solar as I need it and 2 to 4 extra batteries if need be.
We try not to be power mongers as I call it, just use what we need then turn it off.
My Biggest thought was should we get a 3000watt, or purchase a 2000 watt, then saying that I think I explained I can get a 4000watt unit for the same price as a 3000watt these are the aims unit which seem to have good features, love the idea of the auto start for the gen. I did look at the Magnum but a little out of my range as we are also reupholstering the salon settee this year and other thing, you know its a boat and need to be kept in good condition and comfort.
By the way love Roche Harbor, will make the trip again this summer.
Thanks
secuuda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

inverter/charger for 3788 06 Mar 2017 23:07 #27

• mlewis100
  • 1995 Bayliner 3587
  • Thank you received: 55
Great post "jmoultray", thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1995 Bayliner 3587
Twin Hino 250HP
Located In Sidney BC, Canada
Last Edit: by mlewis100.
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds