Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bayliner 4087 Battery Isolation Panel removal

Bayliner 4087 Battery Isolation Panel removal 14 Feb 2017 05:41 #1

• tashmark
  • tashmark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Just got our new to us 1999 Bayliner 4087 home and now the fun begins. I have a few questions you may be able to help with. I need to replace the waste vent on the forward Head. I hear I need to remove the Battery Isolation panel to the right of the lower helm. Is this easily done. I would disconnect shore power but what do I need to do regarding the 12v power and is it a big deal to move the panel out enough to get to this vent? Also the upper helm Starboard engine Transmission Lever and lower helm one are really stiff and I would like to replace the cables( assuming that's the problem) I have figured out where it travels from but looks like a difficult job, any idea where I could find more info on doing this? Thanks for any info you can pass on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bayliner 4087 Battery Isolation Panel removal 14 Feb 2017 12:25 #2

• SuperiorDiver
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 81
If you are referring to the panel which contains the battery switches, some breakers and fuses, it is easily removed by taking the 8 screws out.

I cannot comment on replacing the shift cables. Have you tried lubing the shift handle assemblies? It helped on our 4087.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tashmark

Bayliner 4087 Battery Isolation Panel removal 22 Feb 2017 19:17 #3

• efarrell
  • Thank you received: 11
On my 3587 the forward head vent is accessible above and behind the water heater. I did not have to remove the battery switch panel but the panel is easy to remove as explained earlier. Be careful of "hot" points where the battery connects. I also replaced my upper and lower throttle and transmission cables years ago. Was not too difficult once the route was established. Careful to keep corners as long as possible so the cables are not binding when making corners. The forums may have some information on the process. All I can say is to take pictures of the cable routing and connection at each shift lever since they are not identical. Avoid any points where the cables are binding or too tightly routed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tashmark

She Said Yes
1996 3587
Cummins 250 HP
Long Beach, CA.
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds