Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 22 Aug 2016 21:24 #1

• Monkeyface
  • Monkeyface's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
As I have recently redone all my exterior upholstery including foam etc I still have all ten of the originals sitting in my garage. Before I throw them out (rather than keeping them for decades before throwing them out as is my norm) I thought I would see if they were useful to anyone. With the exception of one split cushion which is the front starboard base/bottom (the forward bottom cushion of the two that are on that seat) they are all in very good shape. The damage to the one cushion was a split at the piping due to my continued standing on it to fasten a huge cover I have that fits from the base of the flybridge windshield all the way to the bow.

If these are useful to anyone please let me know as soon as possible. I am located in Palm Harbor Florida which is between Clearwater and Tarpon Springs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaoschs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2007 Meridian 490

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 22 Aug 2016 21:55 #2

• Simonsen
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Post pics of the new interior please!

Derek

Family Boater
1997 Bayliner 4788 w/330 Cummins - Phoenix
(past) 1987 Bayliner 3218 w/135 Hino - True Story

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 23 Aug 2016 20:53 #3

• Monkeyface
  • Monkeyface's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Well, since you asked :) I had never been satisfied with the exterior upholstery on my 2007 490 which did not seem to match the quality of the rest of the boat. I have finally bit the bullet and redid all of it from the forward deck to the aft cockpit rail and could not be more pleased. A local woman who has been employed in the marine industry for many years and now works for local builders from her home (in Tarpon Springs, Florida) did all the work to a very high standard and what I thought was a very fair price. I had a choice of literally hundreds of vinyl's and quickly learned that they are rated as to their abrasion resistance and there is a massive variance available.

I chose extremely sturdy fabrics with a deep leather like pattern in a tan and off white two tone combination that closely matches the upholstery of a new Chris Craft or Boston Whaler. The foam was completely replaced with a far higher density product with 2" used towards the rear and a sort of raised bolster of 3" foam forward of the color change on each cushion. I also had new covers made in the Sunbrella that matches my bimini.

The costs were as follows: 3 pieces rear cockpit coaming $560, 10 flybridge and front deck cushions $2600, the captains chair (which was clearly a big job) $500, and new covers all around in Sunbrella $650. I know she kept all measurements and I can certainly give contact details if there is any interest.

Pictures enclosed.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

2007 Meridian 490
Last Edit: by Monkeyface.

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 23 Aug 2016 21:00 #4

• p91473
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 47
Looks awesome

1997 3788/Cummins 6BTA 5.9 M2s
2014 Sea Fox 22 Center Console
2006 Boston Whaler 13 Sport

Vero Beach, Fl.

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 23 Aug 2016 22:07 #5

• selah
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks nice

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 24 Aug 2016 01:01 #6

• LeePTI
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 151
Nice job. I too think Meridian missed the mark by not upgrading the exterior upholster. That was my Admiral's first upgrade request. :)

Lee
2007 Meridian 490
2007 Meridian 368
1996 2855 Cierra
1978 Caribbean 26'
Oceanside, CA

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 07 Dec 2016 04:04 #7

• chaoschs
I'd love to get your Appolstery contact. Also do you have the model number of the fridge you used in the back side of the old tv compartment.

Thanks,
George

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 18 Apr 2017 19:02 #8

• chaoschs
I wish I'd seen this when you posted it! Any advice on how to get my cushions redone on my 4788? Did the old ones help with making the new ones?

Thanks,
George

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 18 Apr 2017 19:06 #9

• chaoschs
I'd love her contact info.

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 18 Apr 2017 19:27 #10

• Norton Rider
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 603
There's a different person that has most of the patterns for older Bayliners: Kim Reitz at Canvas Plus (360) 435-0932

1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
Anacortes, WA

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 22 May 2017 13:57 #11

• chaoschs
Goodmorning, Do you have the contact info for your upholstery vendor?

Complete Set Original 490 Exterior Upholstery-Free if useful 29 Sep 2017 23:19 #12

• LISSOWD
Do you have the vendors contact info as we are near Tarpon Springs and would like to redo our 4788 cushions. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or phone 585-764-8194 cell.
Thanks Ray Lissow

• Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds