Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for Alaska BOC Folks

Looking for Alaska BOC Folks 15 May 2015 12:36 #51

• Jollyquick
  • Jollyquick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We're also in search of the "perfect" 4588 / 4788. However that search may end with Will's boat, "Maritime"--already in Seward, turnkey, with all the bells and whistles. Pretty darned tempting...

www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...ayliner-4788-220-000

We're flying half way around the world to take a look. Of course we'll also be house-hunting at the same time...

JQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Jollyquick. Reason: Fix typos

Looking for Alaska BOC Folks 15 May 2015 13:37 #52

• ksanders
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 237
You do know Trevor that Will's boat is the best equipped 4788 for sale in the PACNW at any price.

When looking at boats, really look at the equipment list. Look at the electronics.

The Navnet 3D, two display and radar is something around $15K.

The covered fly bridge is something that folks down south might not see as much benefit in, but up here the days that you can sit on your open flybridge are not all that many, making his addition very functional.

KEVIN SANDERS
4788 LISAS WAY
SEWARD, ALASKA
www.mvlisasway.com
Last Edit: by ksanders.

Looking for Alaska BOC Folks 15 May 2015 13:50 #53

• Jollyquick
Kevin,

I've looked at the specs and video on your boat as well so don't be so modest. Lisa's Way is no garbage scow ;-)

But yes I do concur Will's boat is impressive!

VR

JQ

Looking for Alaska BOC Folks 15 May 2015 14:50 #54

• Will in AK
  • Thank you received: 2
Wow! Thanks for the nice compliments, guys. And, as you said and will see, Jollyquick, the Lisa's Way is extremely nice, well fitted, and well maintained. I'm going to Seward tomorrow and will be there for a few days doing some maintenance, etc.. If you are on your boat, Kevin, drop by for a visit.

Looking for Alaska BOC Folks 15 May 2015 15:42 #55

• ksanders
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 237
Thanks Will... I'm stuck in Prudhoe for another week. :sick:

Your boat represents a heck of a value you know...

The 1994 4788 right next to mine sold last summer for $179K. Its not a bad example of a 4788 but no where near your boat in terms of maintenance, or updated systems.

KEVIN SANDERS
4788 LISAS WAY
SEWARD, ALASKA
www.mvlisasway.com
Last Edit: by ksanders.

Will's 4788, "Maritime" 13 Jun 2015 09:37 #56

• Jollyquick
Greetings,

We just got back from Seward, AK after having the pleasure of looking at Will's boat, "Maritime". Will and his admiral hosted us for two days, enduring hundreds of questions and me, my father, wife and son crawling throughout the boat. I can only think of a single word to describe Maritime--immaculate. Will has upgraded, improved, removed, re-engineered just about anything that is worth upgrading. More importantly he's left those things that Bayliner got right untouched but professionally (lovingly even?) maintained. From the huge addition of the sky lounge (looks like it was OEM it was so well done) to redesigning the genset cover, Will's attention to detail has left next to nothing for a new owner to upgrade or even want to upgrade. Truly a turn-key, boat of awesomeness.

We would buy it ourselves today, but issues with my overseas contract are getting in the way. That and the fact the boat would sit unused for at least 18 months without a permanent boat slip while we're 4,748 miles away makes us uncomfortable. Selfishly we hope it doesn't sell before then, but realistically this boat is a no-brainer for anyone with the means and the timing to buy her.

The good news is that we now know exactly what we want when we finally get back to the States. An identical clone of the Maritime...

JQ

Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds