Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: changing to racor 500/Fuel polishing

changing to racor 500/Fuel polishing 02 Oct 2007 14:43 #1

• bradc344
  • bradc344's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I'am in the process of changing over to racor 500 filters for my 3288 hino 150s and found this great place to purchase the needed parts. They had the 500s on sale and they where about the same cost as the used ones or remanf. ones on ebay and the filters are cheap also. They also have many types of gauges.
I recieved all my parts yesterday and they sent the wrong gauges ,I just got off the phone with the co. and he is sending the new ones today with out recieving the ones I have , this is good service . I have no connection to the co. but they have great prices and service ,just thought I would pass the information along. The web site is under SeaMax Racor and Desi igneted Engineering they are in Florida,.....Brad
Just wondering does any one have plans or suggestions for building a stand alone fuel polishing system ,I have some bad fuel in one tank and would like to build some type of system to polish the fuel in both tanks ...thanks Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

changing to racor 500/Fuel polishing 02 Oct 2007 15:30 #2

• JRSchwab
  • Thank you received: 0
Brad,

Earl set me up with a great filtration system and a way to polish the fuel, too. Here's the link from my earlier post where Earl describes the system.

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=4p3locw

Additionally, he placed 'stand pipes' to the bottom of each tank. With a third Racor 1000 and an inexpensive 12 volt pump from Harbor Freight, I can transfer the fuel back & forth between tanks filtering the fuel with the 3rd Racor (providing I have less that half a tank). Plus the electric fuel pump provides a back up to the injector pumps!

Very slick system....Thanks Earl!!

Joe/Manasseh

changing to racor 500/Fuel polishing 02 Oct 2007 17:09 #3

• gmau
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I installed Racor 500s in my boat last year. Haven't had any problems with the fuel. Had too many things to do on the boat, so I didn't have the tanks cleaned and fuel polished. I also talked to alot of people and found out more fuel is returned to the tank than burned. I would just install the 500s and monitor the sight bowl.

Can you post the URL for the website of SeaMax Racor and Desi igneted Engineering?

changing to racor 500/Fuel polishing 02 Oct 2007 17:20 #4

• betelgeuse
  • Thank you received: 0
Here is Designated Engineering. http://designatedengineer.com/index.html

Jerre

• Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds