• Page:

TOPIC: Pump?? 1987 4550

Pump?? 1987 4550 24 Sep 2007 22:25 #1

• rrdarby
  • rrdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
In the process of getting the boat ready for winter, I decided to drain and disconnect the salt water line that feeds the wash down hose outlet located in the port Bomar hatch on the bow. In accessing this pump/line (located behind the back wall of the amidship berth closet) I see there is a second pump located lower and to the left of salt water head flushing/wash down pump.

A picture of these two pumps is provided below (I think I got it right this time!!!!)

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

My "Systems" Book doesn't note the function of this second pump (the one with the red label), and without anyone else on board I was unable to trace the lines to determine what this pump serviced. If someone could tell me what this second pump services, I would greatly appreciate it. Otherwise it will have to wait till I return to the boat this coming week end to find out.

Thanks

Darby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pump?? 1987 4550 24 Sep 2007 22:58 #2

• RobertSchommer
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 3
The second pump is a diaphragm pump used for 'stripping' the bilge water in the forward keel area (sucking the last bits out). Note that there's also a second, higher level bilge pump with a float switch under the bottom stair area in the hallway (farther to the left of the one in question).

Pump?? 1987 4550 25 Sep 2007 00:18 #3

• rrdarby
  • rrdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks Robert. I spent 10 days going through all the systems when we got the boat nearly 2 years ago. Ended up with over 14 pages of single space descriptions plus the radar manual, autopilot manual, and video sounder manual. Refeferenced this after your advice and found I had the info on the pum . Better go back through and reread/study it again.

Darby

• Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds