Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 38 Salon leaks

38 Salon leaks 18 Sep 2007 11:21 #1

• boatdaze
  • boatdaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Greetings
I recall seeing this issue on here before, however, not sure if I ever saw the issue posted in regards to the 38, just the 32. Both of the corners of my salon are leaking and have been for some time. I pulled and re-bed the gutters and no difference. I thought it might be coming from the top step of the fly bridge, however, upon closer inspection I can see that it is definately coming from the forward end of the salon. I have removed the two corner pieces of wood to allow it to dry and don't want to put them back until it is resolved. If anyone can point me to the problem, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Still Looking.......
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

38 Salon leaks 18 Sep 2007 15:00 #2

• bartc
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Water may appear at places that have nothing to do with the location of the actual leak. I had leaks at aft corners inside and outside of salon, and very soft flybridge deck. After yard repaired the latter (with foam) I have not seen the leaks. Knock on wood. I sealed the suspect screw holes that held the flybridge perimeter seats and then glued plastic blocks on the deck inside the seat bases to keep them in place.

Bart
'89 3818
San Leandro, CA

38 Salon leaks 19 Sep 2007 18:48 #3

• peter grove
  • Thank you received: 0
My similar leak came from the gutters over the top of the winmdows. I re-sealed them all the way forward and it fixed the problem

Peter

• Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds