• Page:

TOPIC: Westerbeke Model W33 Piston Type

Westerbeke Model W33 Piston Type 16 Sep 2007 21:06 #1

• rrdarby
  • rrdarby's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Need to replace a cracked piston in a Westerbeke Model W33, 12.5KW Diesel Generator. When requesting this part I was asked if I need a "standard" or "oversize" piston. Boat is 1 1/2 hours from here and wonder if anyone has any ideas on this subject?

Engine has never been overhauled and isn't being overhauled, so I presume I just need the "standard" size piston.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide

Darby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Westerbeke Model W33 Piston Type 16 Sep 2007 23:20 #2

• tweekes
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm not an expert here but having said the motor has never been overhauled, I also would assume that it is the standard size. We are assuming of course that the cylinder bore is OK, if not, you are in a whole new universe. I did a top end rebuild on my 8K and it quit burning oil altogether. It still has a problem with the run/stop solenoid but I think it's a bad connection somewhere because it works if I am on shore power and the battery charger is going, if not, I have to go down and push it all the way in at which time it works fine. Seems like a voltage problem. BTW, I hate generators. Seems like there is always some kind of problem. However, in south FL, it is a necessity.

Westerbeke Model W33 Piston Type 17 Sep 2007 11:12 #3

• captgeorge
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
There is a bypass mod done to that to correct the low voltage problem, has that been done?

• Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds