• Page:

TOPIC: Rat fur black streaks

Rat fur black streaks 29 Aug 2007 04:55 #1

• Steve3218
  • Steve3218's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello everyone. Just thought I would pass on something I discovered from one of my dock neighbors. You know those black stains in the corners where the rat fur meets. I had it in the closet of my 32, I had it just about in every corner in the boat. I tried all kinds of cleaners. I tried light bleach and water mixes, nothing seemed to work. I then tried a product called Folex carpet and spot remover (purchased from Lowes.) this stuff really works well, all you do is spray it on, take a brush and work it in. Let it stand for about five minutes, take a wet dry vac to pull out excess moisture and the dirt, soot, grime goes away. Now the good news is this stuff is really cheap, only about $5.00 for 32 oz. You can also get it by the gallon. I was going to take out all the rat fur and replace it with something else, not an easy project at all. I think I will leave it in for now as it looks new. Hope this helps anyone who has had this problem. I am not a salesman but I get tired of using products that don't work and thought I would pass on one that does.

Steve
1987 3218

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Steve
1987 3218 (sold)
135 HINO
2016 Past Commodore, Swinomish Yacht Club. La Conner Washington

Rat fur black streaks 29 Aug 2007 14:05 #2

• bradc344
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for he post ,I was thinking about taking mine out but will try this product first ......Thanks Brad

Rat fur black streaks 29 Aug 2007 16:23 #3

• Kåre L
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 4
I have tried another carpet cleaner that sounds very similar to the one you describe. It's called Lifter 1 carpet cleaner. It's a light blue aerosol can - Ace HW has it. It's the best carpet cleaner I've ever tried. Price is $4-5 for one can. I don't know what's in it, but it smells ammonia.

Kåre

Kåre
1990 3288 MY twin Ford 351's "Celuna"
Lighthouse Marina, Lake Murray, SC
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds