Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 4788 Gauges and Dashboards

4788 Gauges and Dashboards 29 Aug 2007 03:44 #1

• KennyFerret
  • KennyFerret's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
Now I know that this is not really the right place to post this, and I'll probably get a good spanking for putting it here :kidding But I figure that if I don't, then many motoryacht owners will never see it, so... my apologies Rob.

As some of you may remember I have done a complete gauge and dashboard upgrade on my '94 4788 (see projects section)

I have put all the old gauges and panels on Ebay to try and recover some of my upgrade costs.($3000 USD)

Here's the ebay link for anyone who is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bayliner-4788-Complete-Gauge-And-Dashboard-Set_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ26451QQihZ010QQitemZ200146986358QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ken

'94 4788 - "Crystal Voyager "

If you can dream it, you can do it

4788 Gauges and Dashboards 29 Aug 2007 03:59 #2

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
If someone picks them up and wants a similar dash... lemme know. I can cut the burlwood panels for ya.

Wow... $3000USD? I'm not charging near enough :)

What did the factory burlwood replacement panels cost ya if you don't mind me asking? (without the guages)

4788 Gauges and Dashboards 29 Aug 2007 04:55 #3

• KennyFerret
  • KennyFerret's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 17
SomeSailor,

About half the cost was in buying new gauges and the other half in Dashboard manufacture. The new pilothouse dashboards are original Meridian 490, and the Flybridge ones were custom made as a one-off. The Meridian switch panel was the most expensive, as all the lettering is backlit. I'm still trying to figure out how they do that - works on the dimmer as well! Of course included in the refurb cost, was shipping. I'm fighting my restoration battle a long way from the supply lines down here, so I get hammered for shipping. :hammer

PS. I'm haven't received your sample as yet...would the budget extend to sending a piece out via airmail?

Ken

'94 4788 - "Crystal Voyager "

If you can dream it, you can do it
  • Page:
Moderators: higgins_jrJim Gandee
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds