Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ?

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 17 Sep 2017 21:36 #1

• SprinterX
  • SprinterX's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Vancouver, BC
  • Thank you received: 94
It's time to start thinking at closing up the boat for winter. I leave it in the water and have used your regular rectangular tarps to cover in as best I can.

Are there any universal or semi custom covers made for 32' LOA x 11' beam express cruisers with a radar arch, ie; Cierra 3055? My search couldn't turn up any that would fit. A ton of RV stuff but nothing really for bigger boats. Custom covers from local canvas guys are prohibitively expensive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sea Venture
2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
Cruising the PNW and beyond.
DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
MMSI 316029971

Kirk :)
Drinks well with others. ;)

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 18 Sep 2017 00:08 #2

• hfxjack
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 27
Boatcover.ca out of ladysmith. Guy is tough to deal with but does great work. Custom fit even includes you dinghy he will come to your boat to measure and come back to install. Go to web site and get your price but most likely too late for this year. I have had one for 5 years and still looks new

John McLellan White Rock BC
"Halifax Jack"
1999 2855 383 stroker BII
MMSI 316004337

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 18 Sep 2017 00:52 #3

• CptCrunchie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

hfxjack wrote: Boatcover.ca out of ladysmith. Guy is tough to deal with but does great work. Custom fit even includes you dinghy he will come to your boat to measure and come back to install. Go to web site and get your price but most likely too late for this year. I have had one for 5 years and still looks new

Correction: www.boatcovers.ca
The following user(s) said Thank You: hfxjack

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
MMSI: 367637220
HAM: KE7TTR
TDI tech diver
BoD, North Olympic Peninsula Puget Sound Anglers, Sequim, WA
Kevin

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 18 Sep 2017 05:49 #4

• green650
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 382
Something that isn't snug and form fitting would not survive the winds of the winter storms. Shrink wrap? Cockpit cover?

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 18 Sep 2017 15:37 #5

• CptCrunchie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

green650 wrote: Something that isn't snug and form fitting would not survive the winds of the winter storms. Shrink wrap? Cockpit cover?

Nix the shrink wrap. We had our motorsailer shrink wrapped prior to having it trucked to the PNW from FL. The moment it met the cold air and wind of the mountains, the shrink wrap froze and shattered, and that was in mid March during a fairly mild winter.

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
MMSI: 367637220
HAM: KE7TTR
TDI tech diver
BoD, North Olympic Peninsula Puget Sound Anglers, Sequim, WA
Kevin
Last Edit: by CptCrunchie.

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 21 Sep 2017 01:52 #6

• SprinterX
  • SprinterX's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Vancouver, BC
  • Thank you received: 94

hfxjack wrote: Boatcover.ca out of ladysmith. Guy is tough to deal with but does great work. Custom fit even includes you dinghy he will come to your boat to measure and come back to install. Go to web site and get your price but most likely too late for this year. I have had one for 5 years and still looks new

Contacted them for a quote and unfortunately it's more money than I was willing to spend. Guess I'm back to building a structure and tarping it down.

Thanx everyone for your replies.

Sea Venture
2000 3055, 5.7/B2, 18x23" props
Cruising the PNW and beyond.
DIYC, Riverhouse Marina
MMSI 316029971

Kirk :)
Drinks well with others. ;)

Universal winter boat covers for bigger express cruisers ? ? ? 21 Sep 2017 22:54 #7

• carguy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 20

CptCrunchie wrote:

green650 wrote: Something that isn't snug and form fitting would not survive the winds of the winter storms. Shrink wrap? Cockpit cover?

Nix the shrink wrap. We had our motorsailer shrink wrapped prior to having it trucked to the PNW from FL. The moment it met the cold air and wind of the mountains, the shrink wrap froze and shattered, and that was in mid March during a fairly mild winter.

That's weird. Up here, all we do is shrink wrap them. Even with climate change, we get a few 25 below F days with strong winds and I've never seen shrink wrap shatter.

Doug
Hanging Loose
98 Carver 350 Mariner
2013-
KRUSTY KRAB
2001 305
5.7 BII
2006-2013
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds