Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where?

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 16 Sep 2017 23:39 #1

• Centerline2
  • Centerline2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 38
on the engine of my '89 2556 the low oil sensor and the high temp sensor is a light blue wire, but there is only one light blue wire at my dash/helm and it goes to the oil pressure gauge, which is supposed to be independent of the warning system..
I have a detailed schematic of the boat wiring, but not the engine wiring, nor does the warning buzzer or the wire show on the boat wiring schematic.

is the warning buzzer supposed to be at the helm or is it found in some other location?.. it doesnt work when I ground the wire at the engine so it isnt working, and if I only knew where to look and what color wire to look for I could fix it.
also, does anyone have a detailed engine wiring schematic they could share? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1989 Bayliner 2556, 5.7 OMC Cobra

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 01:17 #2

• builderdude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "THE FIX"
  • Thank you received: 810
Light blue is for the oil sender. Tan w blue stripe is trigger wire for the oil pressure and high temp switches. Alarm buzzer is under the upper helm.

Dave
Edmonds, WA
"THE FIX"
'93 2556 5.7 Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P
.030 over-Vortec top end-part closed cooled
***The rebuild of my 2556***
www.baylinerownersclub.org/index.php/for...ansom-repair-my-2556

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 01:20 #3

• builderdude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "THE FIX"
Wiring

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Centerline2

Dave
Edmonds, WA
"THE FIX"
Last Edit: by builderdude.

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 03:25 #4

• Centerline2
Thank you Builderdude
the drawing of the boat wiring is a bit different than what is in the bayliner manual for my boat (which I assume was delivered with the boat when new), but of course the wiring hasnt changed. your diagram does show the alarm circuit, where mine does not.

it leaves me to wonder if the alarm option was not included with this boat, but has been added later.

the lower drawing helps a lot with the alarm sensor wiring. I assume there is more to it that has some good information as well...
do you know if these documents available online where they can be downloaded full sized?

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 06:20 #5

• builderdude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "THE FIX"
I'm sure they can be found online, these ones I have hard copies of. If you PM me an email address I can scan/send PDF to ya.

Dave
Edmonds, WA
"THE FIX"

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 11:47 #6

• Nauti Mike
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Perry Hall, MD
  • Thank you received: 360

builderdude wrote: Wiring

Dave you provided the mercruiser wiring diagram but the OP has listed OMC in his signature. From what I have seen the wiring is similar between the two but a different color code is used.

1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 11:50 #7

• Nauti Mike
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Perry Hall, MD
  • Thank you received: 360

Centerline2 wrote: on the engine of my '89 2556 the low oil sensor and the high temp sensor is a light blue wire, but there is only one light blue wire at my dash/helm and it goes to the oil pressure gauge, which is supposed to be independent of the warning system..
I have a detailed schematic of the boat wiring, but not the engine wiring, nor does the warning buzzer or the wire show on the boat wiring schematic.

is the warning buzzer supposed to be at the helm or is it found in some other location?.. it doesnt work when I ground the wire at the engine so it isnt working, and if I only knew where to look and what color wire to look for I could fix it.
also, does anyone have a detailed engine wiring schematic they could share? Thanks

Not sure but I did not think that OMC had a warning buzzer like mercruiser uses.

1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 17 Sep 2017 15:23 #8

• builderdude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "THE FIX"
Good call Mike, my head is always in Mercrusier mode. So OMC didn't have a warning buzzer?? If OP needs to add a warning buzzer system it's fairly simple to do. I actually replaced all my Mercruiser switches and the buzzer with an aftermarket kit from Sierra. I was able to use my existing Mercruiser wiring where OP may need to add some. The kit works great and I didn't have to bend over for the costly over temp switch
www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details...UEAQYAiABEgIYLfD_BwE

Dave
Edmonds, WA
"THE FIX"

which color wire connects to the high temp/low oil warning buzzer... and where? 18 Sep 2017 15:37 #9

• Centerline2

Nauti Mike wrote: [

Not sure but I did not think that OMC had a warning buzzer like mercruiser uses.

thanks,,,, this would explain the different colored wiring and why is not on my schematic... this boat is equipped with the system, it just doesnt work....
I will hook my circuit tester/tracer up to it and see where the PO made the connections to the buzzer, IF the install was ever completed...

Last Edit: by Centerline2.
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds