Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe...

Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe... 25 Aug 2017 09:44 #1

• 123bob321
  • 123bob321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am absolutely in love with the one I have now, but retirement is coming and I have either a total refit to do, or a new ship in the cards. I'm a noob to posting here but have lurked for a long time and gained much knowledge from you folks. I respect the thoughtful replies most of you give. Thanks much for that.
I think the 2452 is almost perfect for the area in Portland, OR where I live. It's a hardtop, all weather design, got a good fishing deck, the "94 does not have that stern cutout that would make me nervous past the Columbia bar, is very tow-able with my diesel RAM, has a great cabin layout, and can serve as a leisure boat as well.
Any ideas on what could replace it? As stated before, I'm not afraid to do a total refit on it, engine, out drive and all. I did install a nice pantograph wiper system on it, of my own design, and I owe ya'll a project report on that.... But, I'm also not afraid to flat out replace it. Searches on "hard top cruisers" have not yielded much. And no, I'm not stuck on Bayliner since they don't appear to make a 2452 equivalent. (I also searched for "Bayliner 2452 replacement" but that did not yield much either.) Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe... 25 Aug 2017 11:19 #2

• Chief Alen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Manalapan N.J
  • Thank you received: 1079
Welcome Aboard !

Keep us informed if you find one.

Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe... 25 Aug 2017 12:59 #3

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 553

123bob321 wrote: I am absolutely in love with the one I have now, but retirement is coming and I have either a total refit to do, or a new ship in the cards. I'm a noob to posting here but have lurked for a long time and gained much knowledge from you folks. I respect the thoughtful replies most of you give. Thanks much for that.
I think the 2452 is almost perfect for the area in Portland, OR where I live. It's a hardtop, all weather design, got a good fishing deck, the "94 does not have that stern cutout that would make me nervous past the Columbia bar, is very tow-able with my diesel RAM, has a great cabin layout, and can serve as a leisure boat as well.
Any ideas on what could replace it? As stated before, I'm not afraid to do a total refit on it, engine, out drive and all. I did install a nice pantograph wiper system on it, of my own design, and I owe ya'll a project report on that.... But, I'm also not afraid to flat out replace it. Searches on "hard top cruisers" have not yielded much. And no, I'm not stuck on Bayliner since they don't appear to make a 2452 equivalent. (I also searched for "Bayliner 2452 replacement" but that did not yield much either.) Any suggestions?

Thanks and Regards,
Bob

Hi Bob -

You're in luck, they made your boat right up to the end of the cruisers line in 2009. The 2452 became the 242 Ciera Express, and then later the 266 Discovery:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.

There's a ton of them out there if you want to go newer.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL
Last Edit: by Download_Complete.

Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe... 25 Aug 2017 22:37 #4

• 123bob321
  • 123bob321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thx much for the leads. I will look into a used one of those... and your right, there appears to be a bunch of them out there. :)

Looking for an equivalent replacement for the '94 2452 I now own...maybe... 25 Aug 2017 23:14 #5

• Dooglas
  • Thank you received: 7
Exactly right. A bunch of newer ones to choose from. My 242 is a bit different than the 2452 in terms of swimstep, storage areas, and a few other things. Much the same boat and certainly every bit as desirable - and maybe a bit more ;) . A fellow down the way at my marina has one of the Discovery 266. Sure looks pretty in blue.

This message has an attachment image.

2005 Classic 242
5.7L Bravo 2
Portland, OR
Last Edit: by Dooglas.
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds