Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking at buying a 1992 2255

Looking at buying a 1992 2255 18 Jul 2017 01:21 #1

• adriantl
  • adriantl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys. I'm looking at buying a 1993 Bayliner 2255 with the v6 mercruiser drive. Although I have bought boats in the past, Its been a while and I consider myself a novice with boats in general. Other than making sure the boat goes forward, backward, turns and floats, is there anything else I need to look out for on the sea trial or any technique to do or check other than basic boat buying checklist stuff? Like, how fast should this boat's speed be? Boat is fairly cheap at $4K so I'm not looking for perfection. Apparently both the motor and outdrive were replaced new 5 years ago and have less than 100 hours. Boat is owned by a sea captain and says everything works perfectly just hasn't used it much since the grandkids got older.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Go easy...I'm completely new to boating.
God is Great. Beer is Good. And people are crazy.
Last Edit: by adriantl.

Looking at buying a 1992 2255 18 Jul 2017 05:24 #2

• CptCrunchie
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 150

adriantl wrote: Hi guys. I'm looking at buying a 1993 Bayliner 2255 with the v6 mercruiser drive. Although I have bought boats in the past, Its been a while and I consider myself a novice with boats in general. Other than making sure the boat goes forward, backward, turns and floats, is there anything else I need to look out for on the sea trial or any technique to do or check other than basic boat buying checklist stuff? Like, how fast should this boat's speed be? Boat is fairly cheap at $4K so I'm not looking for perfection. Apparently both the motor and outdrive were replaced new 5 years ago and have less than 100 hours. Boat is owned by a sea captain and says everything works perfectly just hasn't used it much since the grandkids got older.

I'm sure he is an upstanding owner, but a couple hundred bucks toward a survey will tell you what he won't. Fill in your profile so we know where you live, and I'm sure one of us knows a good surveyor in your area. It will be money very well spent. Nothing worse than buying someone else's headache.

"B on D C", is a 1989 2459 Trophy Offshore HT, OMC 5.7L, Cobra OD, Yamaha 15hp kicker. Lots of toys! I'm no mechanic, just a blue water sailer and woodworker who loves deep sea fishing.
MMSI: 367637220
HAM: KE7TTR
TDI tech diver
BoD, North Olympic Peninsula Puget Sound Anglers, Sequim, WA
Kevin

Looking at buying a 1992 2255 19 Jul 2017 14:15 #3

• adriantl
  • adriantl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm in Navarre Florida

Go easy...I'm completely new to boating.
God is Great. Beer is Good. And people are crazy.
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds