Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2007 Bayliner 192 with 3.0 questions

2007 Bayliner 192 with 3.0 questions 17 Jul 2017 22:48 #1

• dieselrocket
  • dieselrocket's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello
Thank you for your time. I am wondering if any Bayliner 192 Discovery (2007 3.0 litre with Alpha one) owners can help me with a few things. 1- Any common issues that make the speedo not work? 2- what is the best cruising RPM for performance, not just economy. 3- Has anyone added sound deadening insulation to the engine bay cover to help reduce noise? 4- if anyone is running smart tabs on this specific model can you advise if you noticed any benefits please?

Thank you

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2007 Bayliner 192 with 3.0 questions 19 Jul 2017 10:58 #2

• KenRR
  • Thank you received: 0
I can't help you much with the 3.0, my 192 has the 4.3 option. It's pretty quiet and I cruise around 2800-3000. I am also curious about the smart tabs. My hull has a slight hook on the starboard side which tends to cause the boat to list a little to the port while on plane. Does your do the same? I'm thinking the smart tabs would help correct this but have yet found anyone who uses them. My speedo doesn't work properly either. Doesn't matter to me, I use the GPS speed on my plotter.

Last Edit: by KenRR.

2007 Bayliner 192 with 3.0 questions 19 Jul 2017 16:51 #3

• itsabowtime2
  • Thank you received: 352
Welcome aboard.

The speedo's on boats are notoriously inaccurate. Chances are you pickup tube (pitot) is clogged or broken. Also check the connections behind the speedo. Something could be lose or corroded.

www.westmarine.com/buy/faria-instruments...-2588754?recordNum=4

You cab purchase a GPS speedo for about $100.

Smart tabs are a great investment. If you do a forum search you will find several examples and the results achieved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dieselrocket

Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
1998 3055 Ciera
(yes, a 1998)
Previous boat: 1993 3055
Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
Sea Doo XP
Sea Doo GTI SE
Life is short. Boats are cool.
The family that plays together stays together.
Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

2007 Bayliner 192 with 3.0 questions 19 Jul 2017 20:40 #4

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 51

dieselrocket wrote: Hello
Thank you for your time. I am wondering if any Bayliner 192 Discovery (2007 3.0 litre with Alpha one) owners can help me with a few things. 1- Any common issues that make the speedo not work? 2- what is the best cruising RPM for performance, not just economy. 3- Has anyone added sound deadening insulation to the engine bay cover to help reduce noise? 4- if anyone is running smart tabs on this specific model can you advise if you noticed any benefits please?

Thank you

I had a 2007 175 with the 3.0. Loved it.

1) Speedo? Pitot tube on the leading edge of the stern drive is likely clogged. Always a PITA to clear.
2) Best RPM for "performance" but not economy? Illogical question. If not worried about fuel economy, then go as fast as you want. I feel that you are overworking a pushrod engine if you are riding it at more than 3800 RPM or so. I like to cruise ours at around 3200 with a light load. Nice economy, I forget but I think that speed was 25-ish.
3) I did not add insulation or smarttabs on mine, but the several guys that I spoke to who did said that they were happy. I am not a smarttabs fan because I boat in occasionally rough water and I like to be able to ride bow-high when appropriate. Smarttabs push the bow down all the time, unless you add the retractor kit which requires manually retracting and locking the tabs by sticking your arm all the way in the water.....

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds