Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fireworks in Seattle Area

Fireworks in Seattle Area 04 Jul 2017 01:59 #1

• eddya
  • eddya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Independence day weekend!! I plan on taking the family out on the boat to view the show since this is our first year with a boat. We are very excited. I've heard great things about the Fireworks display located just off my marina, in commencement bay, just north of Tacoma. Since it is very close, we are planning on going there. Has anyone seen it from the boat there? Does anyone have a better recommendation? It's our first year, so I want it to be incredible!! Also, are there any restrictions for boats in these bay's where the barges set off the fireworks? Like I said, first time. Thanks for any help or advice. Have a great Fourth of July!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.

Fireworks in Seattle Area 04 Jul 2017 02:59 #2

• Ruffryder
  • Thank you received: 1418
Fireworks display is great out in Commencement bay!
We usually anchor out in front of northern fish co public dock so we can land our dinghy.
Freedom fest will be going on all day.

Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
93 3058
92 2855
91 Fourwinns 205
Longbranch WA
Life is Good

Fireworks in Seattle Area 04 Jul 2017 03:07 #3

• igiftmon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 61
We used to stay on Comencement Bay for the fireworks and they are really nice, but then we found the display in Quartermaster Harbor. The display is incredible... super close and it has been longer than others we've watched. . sadly, I heard rumor that this may be the last year for the display as the company who has sponsored it the past years was sold and they may not re-up thier support. That's rumor, though, so don't quote me... B)

Regardless of the display, watching fireworks from on the water can't be beat!

I hope this helps,
BJ
OMEGA

Fireworks in Seattle Area 19 Jul 2017 01:25 #4

• eddya
  • eddya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Just following up on my prior question about fireworks in Tacoma. So we went to the show in commencement bay. It was very nice, being up close to them. However, over our shoulders we could very well see the Firework show in QuarterMaster harbor. It was amazing, and we found ourselves wishing we were there. I mean it was amazing. Twice as long as commencement bay, and it was all spectacular. It seems they spent a lot of money in Quarter Master harbor. I would recommend that above all others in the area. I've heard that this is their last year of doing it...I hope not. I will be there next year, if it happens!! Just in case someone next year, is asking this same question..I hope they find this thread.

2001 Cierra 2855 Moored at Hylebos Marina, Tacoma, WA. Retire Army. Works at SeaTac International Airport.
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds