Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filling up F18 problems

Filling up F18 problems 13 Apr 2017 22:21 #1

• madmatt500
  • madmatt500's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Just picked up brand new 2017 F18. Anyone else have problems putting gas in their F18? When I put gas in it keeps backing up and spilling out. It took me over 20 minutes to fill th tank. I unscrewed the vent as well but it keeps backing up and spilling out of gas fill. It will only take in ounces at a time and I have to keep stopping to let it drain down. Wondering if anyone else having this problem or is there something wrong with my brand new boat.

Thanks in advance for any information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Filling up F18 problems 13 Apr 2017 23:30 #2

• Alaskanmutt
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Thank you received: 323
Not sure of yours
But my 2452 some pumps I have to turn the nozzle upside down. Has to do with it hitting the inlet just the wrong way.

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Filling up F18 problems 14 Apr 2017 00:23 #3

• madmatt500
  • madmatt500's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
That's interesting I'll have to try it next time.

Filling up F18 problems 28 Jul 2017 16:59 #4

• ekuenzli
  • Thank you received: 0
I had the same problem. The vapor vent was too close to the water line, so when I turned starboard water would go into the vent. Then make its way to the vapor canister and saturate the media in the vapor canister. After about 6 times to the dealer, they moved the vent above the rubber bumper, near the cleat, replaced the canister again and added a loop in the vapor line. Fills fine now. The water from the canister finally made it to my tank, so they pumped out about 10 gallons of gas and half a gallon of water. Plan to add a gas/water separator soon. Bad design I guess. Supposedly I am the only one who has had this problem, per Bayliner. I don't believe that...

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds