Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 30 Aug 2016 19:39 #1

• Download_Complete
  • Download_Complete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 551
Bayliner has acquired Heyday Inboards wakeboats, and will be adding the WT-1 and WT-2 to the model mix effective for the 2017 model year.

eepurl.com/cdypDT

Bayliner Adds Heyday Models to Portfolio; Targets Larger Presence in Wake/Surf Category
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. Aug. 30, 2016 – Bayliner Boats announced today that it has immediately added Heyday’s Inboard boat models WT-1 and WT-2 to the Bayliner portfolio. This move allows Bayliner to better serve the recreational day boat consumer looking to add wake surfing to their day on the water. The opportunity to offer a surf option to the Bayliner portfolio is very attractive. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

“The wake/surf category is an attractive and growing portion of the recreational day boat segment, and particularly for those seeking a more affordable way to enjoy these popular watersports,” explained Bayliner President Keith Yunger. “This action affords Bayliner speed-to-market with wake/surf models that were specifically designed to meet the performance expectations of wake and surf enthusiasts, but will retail at a more affordable price point, further contributing to the growth of this boating category.”

Both the WT-1 and WT-2 models were designed by the father-son team of John and Ben Dorton at Bryant Boats. John Dorton is a well-respected and accomplished marine industry veteran, while his son, Ben, is a gifted wake surfer who has brought a practiced and practical eye to the design of these boats.

As part of this transaction, Ben Dorton will join the Bayliner team as manager of business development, while John Dorton will consult with the Bayliner team.

“John is among the pioneers in this category,” Yunger said, “and that experience resonates in these boats’ design and performance. Further, these boats were engineered – as with Bayliner – with value and performance in mind, and are a great fit for our Bayliner brand. We will work closely with the dealer network to integrate these models into our product offering."

“By effectively combining John’s knowledge and these models’ innovation with the inherent strengths of Bayliner, we have the team, product, focus and energy to be very successful in this category,” Yunger said.

Bayliner is integrating production of the WT-1 and WT-2 into its boat production facilities, and will introduce these models at Surf Expo in Orlando Sept. 8.

ABOUT BAYLINER
Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., Bayliner is a recognized global leader in the fiberglass recreational boating industry. Through quality craftsmanship and a diverse product offering, Bayliner strives to make boating an accessible, affordable pastime for everyone worldwide. For more information, visit www.bayliner.com . Bayliner is a brand of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC).

They will be at the 60th Anniversary Press Event next month, and we will have a full report.

Here's a WT-1:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL
Last Edit: by Download_Complete.

Bayliner Boats acquires Heyday Inboards 31 Aug 2016 14:27 #2

• rafaelfigueira
  • Thank you received: 103
Link

Bayliner Boats announced Tuesday that it has immediately added Heyday’s Inboard boat models WT-1 and WT-2 to the Bayliner portfolio. “The wake/surf category is an attractive and growing portion of the recreational day boat segment, and particularly for those seeking a more affordable way to enjoy these popular watersports,” said Bayliner President Keith Yunger. “This action affords Bayliner speed-to-market with wake/surf models that were specifically designed to meet the performance expectations of wake and surf enthusiasts, but will retail at a more affordable price point, further contributing to the growth of this boating category.”

[...]

Bayliner is “a value-specific brand and they bring affordability to the market, just like HeyDay Inboards has been doing in the inboard segment,” said Ben Dorton in an interview with Boating Industry. [...] I think it’s the next big step and in the brand and in the wakeboard segment. There has not been a cost-effective boat to market other than HeyDay at this point. We’re still currently, with the HeyDay WT-1 model, roughly $15,000-20,000 less than any other model out on the market.”

Rafael Figueira
1998 Bayliner Capri 1800 LS

Bayliner Boats acquires Heyday Inboards 31 Aug 2016 14:48 #3

• Critterracing
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 7
wow love the layout. really love it. not one word about motor on there site unless im missing something.

2016 Bayliner 215DB
4.5l 250hp Bravo 3
2016 Yamaha VZ Cruiser HO

Bayliner Boats acquires Heyday Inboards 31 Aug 2016 14:52 #4

• Download_Complete
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
It's a V8. I want to say it's PCM, but in this boat test it's Crusader:

www.boatingmag.com/heyday-inboards-wt-1#page-5

Pretty awesome looking on the water:

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL
Last Edit: by Download_Complete.

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 31 Aug 2016 15:21 #5

• tapy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 26
That is officially one of the coolest looking ski boats I've ever seen.

But I still prefer to water ski behind my 2455.. haha.

Crash Override
1989 Bayliner 2455
Ford 351W (5.8l) OMC Cobra
Mods: Custom pulpit, 8 million candle power of LED lighting, Lowrance Hook 5, Uniden UM380BK VHF w/8' Whip, Custom 3,000lb cable drive winch w/150 cable+rode, Sound system, upgraded sleeping quarters.

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 31 Aug 2016 16:16 #6

• Download_Complete
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I think it's a brilliant little boat.

As I said, they will have them on-hand next month at the 60th Anniversary, and we're going to drive it.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 31 Aug 2016 23:34 #7

• Davidlyne
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 82
IMO it is one of the ugliest boats I've ever seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vic Stewart, bobmorgan

David
1999 Bayliner 1750 Capri. 3l Mercruiser Alpha

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 31 Aug 2016 23:55 #8

• Amadaies
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 132
UGLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder i guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobmorgan

Pat. Sandpoint Ida
1984 Bayliner Ciera 24.5 Volvo Penta 5.7/290DP

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 01 Sep 2016 03:46 #9

• itsabowtime2
  • Thank you received: 355
I saw this at the Seattle boat show.

At first I was like, cool. Then I spent more time looking at it and was not sure.

The engine is a 350HP inboard.

At less than 40K you can't beat it.

The rational behind the bow was:

1) Less weight, easier to tow.

2) Less to build, lowering the price.

3) It is unused space anyway..so the designers say.

I read a great article on the company a few months ago.

Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
1998 3055 Ciera
(yes, a 1998)
Previous boat: 1993 3055
Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
Sea Doo XP
Sea Doo GTI SE
Life is short. Boats are cool.
The family that plays together stays together.
Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 01 Sep 2016 14:02 #10

• Download_Complete
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
My take on the looks:

What have they got to lose? They have no competition in this price class and they are automatically looking at younger buyers. Why not do something different and innovative?

There are people out there who will want a wake boat, can't afford a Mastercraft, will take one look at this and hold their nose if they don't like the looks. THe person who styled this boat was the person who pioneered the picklefork bow design credited to Mastercraft and copied across the industry.

The very nature of this boat is innovative by attacking a part of the market that was not being exploited before. This thing is a Bayliner Element for the wakeboarding crowd.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 02 Aug 2017 20:16 #11

• NT650BLUE
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, folks. It's probably WAY too early to find the answer, but it needs to be asked. We bought a boat last December, hoping it could be made to Surf, as well as work with all the other "towables". However, it's proven to not be up to the task. We "discovered" the WT line earlier this summer and have researched the Heck out of it. Really liking the concept and all the reviews.

The BIG question: my wife and her whole family are life-long Slalom skiers and we cannot find ANY info/reviews on what sort of (zero ballast, slalom speeds) wake the WTs put out for Slaloming. Has anyone tried to Slalom behind one of these pretty things? If the wake is so biased towards boards that Slalom isn't fun, we'll have to keep on looking.

TIA,
Jeremy

BAYLINER 2017 Breaking News: Bayliner Acquires Heyday Inboards, adds WT-1 and 2 03 Aug 2017 16:34 #12

• green650
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 382

NT650BLUE wrote: Hi, folks. It's probably WAY too early to find the answer, but it needs to be asked. We bought a boat last December, hoping it could be made to Surf, as well as work with all the other "towables". However, it's proven to not be up to the task. We "discovered" the WT line earlier this summer and have researched the Heck out of it. Really liking the concept and all the reviews.

The BIG question: my wife and her whole family are life-long Slalom skiers and we cannot find ANY info/reviews on what sort of (zero ballast, slalom speeds) wake the WTs put out for Slaloming. Has anyone tried to Slalom behind one of these pretty things? If the wake is so biased towards boards that Slalom isn't fun, we'll have to keep on looking.

TIA,
Jeremy

Are you looking for a boat that you can surf behind and slalom behind?
Slalom boats are almost flat bottoms, that's how they leave no wake.

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds