Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas?

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 19 Oct 2015 02:40 #1

• dkwon
  • dkwon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anyone completed any projects regarding the cabin door on a bayliner trophy? Mine looks like someone pieced it together with some other materials. Tried searching around for completed projects, but to no avail. Trying to use some sort of plastic material and get a good seal around the door. Links/pictures would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1998 Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF w/ '98 Mercury 150xl offshore 2.0 carb

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 19 Oct 2015 18:45 #2

• ultrafast
I did the same thing to my Trophy. The door (actual wood) was almost non existent when I got it. There was enough however to use for resizing/rebuild using 1/2 inch board, cant remember which wood i used but, it was finished, not regular ply wood.
I outlined old door patterns on new wood and cut it out. Because I wanted to use original metal casing around the doors I had to get a little tricky. I used my table saw set to half the width of wood and set depth to 3/8 inch. I then put new wood standing up on side and cut a new notch all the way around.
Then I stained/sealed it. Wasn't too happy with the wood look so, I ended up vinyl wrapping it.

This message has attachments images.

1997 20 WA

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 19 Oct 2015 21:29 #3

• dkwon

ultrafast wrote: I did the same thing to my Trophy. The door (actual wood) was almost non existent when I got it. There was enough however to use for resizing/rebuild using 1/2 inch board, cant remember which wood i used but, it was finished, not regular ply wood.
I outlined old door patterns on new wood and cut it out. Because I wanted to use original metal casing around the doors I had to get a little tricky. I used my table saw set to half the width of wood and set depth to 3/8 inch. I then put new wood standing up on side and cut a new notch all the way around.
Then I stained/sealed it. Wasn't too happy with the wood look so, I ended up vinyl wrapping it.

Wow Nice handy work there. I didn't consider vinyl wrapping wood. Wood is definitely easier to work with though. What did you use for the metal border?

Last Edit: by dkwon. Reason: Grammar

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 19 Oct 2015 21:53 #4

• green650
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 382
Im pretty sure my 2252 came with tinted Plexiglas door. Check your home depot if they have 1/4" Plexiglas. Then you don't have to worry about edging or wood rot.

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 20 Oct 2015 16:43 #5

• dkwon

green650 wrote: Im pretty sure my 2252 came with tinted Plexiglas door. Check your home depot if they have 1/4" Plexiglas. Then you don't have to worry about edging or wood rot.

I was looking at some options and acrylic sheets are super expensive! Instead of paying ~$70 for 1/4" acrylic, i might just buy a 1"x4'x8' PVC sheet which is aroun ~$75. Still expensive though, but I do get a lot more material for other potential projects.

Bayliner Trophy 2002 FF Cabin Door Ideas? 19 Sep 2017 18:19 #6

• DesertFox
Here is my take on the same problem...

This message has an attachment image.

1992 Bayliner Trophy 2502 WA
2009 Twin Suzuki 140 HP OB's
"Always finding improvement projects on this old lady..."
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds