Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I am very Impressed!

I am very Impressed! 28 Mar 2011 23:14 #1

  • Devildog9999
  • Devildog9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 563
  • Thank you received: 0
I have been buying parts like a mad man as some of you know - but I have to tell you, I got my new control unit in today, a Teleflex CH1751 and I cannot stress how happy I am with the build and the quality. It feels sturdy, well built and was packaged with damn near every small part / piece that you could ever need for any model setup. Not even so much as a single fingerprint on it!

Kudo's to Teleflex for making such an obvious piece of excellent quality hardware! I was fortunate enough to get it at last years pricing as well, which was a HUGE bonus. If anyone wants to see pics, let me know and I will shoot them for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember to share that Rep Power!
1988 2455 - TONS of cash and counting!
2005 Sea-Doo GTX Limted

I am very Impressed! 28 Mar 2011 23:16 #2

  • seapuppy
  • seapuppy's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
post em here!!!...

you don't think we'd all like to see em??


:arr arr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am very Impressed! 28 Mar 2011 23:28 #3

  • Devildog9999
  • Devildog9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 563
  • Thank you received: 0
Here you go!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember to share that Rep Power!
1988 2455 - TONS of cash and counting!
2005 Sea-Doo GTX Limted

I am very Impressed! 28 Mar 2011 23:56 #4

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13
You'll love it even more after you get it installed, moves smooth as silk, so much nicer then the oroginal Quicksilver 3000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 29 Mar 2011 00:03 #5

  • Devildog9999
  • Devildog9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 563
  • Thank you received: 0
I did notice that when I was at the boat show this year several manufacturers have this model installed. How was the install for you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember to share that Rep Power!
1988 2455 - TONS of cash and counting!
2005 Sea-Doo GTX Limted

I am very Impressed! 29 Mar 2011 02:12 #6

  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 702
  • Thank you received: 18

keithjabber;556047 wrote: You'll love it even more after you get it installed, moves smooth as silk, so much nicer then the oroginal Quicksilver 3000.


Is this a direct replacement for the 3000 series?
Mine is PITA for skiing when you are looking for just a few hundred rpm difference.
What is the cost of it and how much work in changing it out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

I am very Impressed! 29 Mar 2011 02:47 #7

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13

Devildog9999;556049 wrote: I did notice that when I was at the boat show this year several manufacturers have this model installed. How was the install for you?


Install took a few hours. The hardest part was trying to mount it to the sideboard. Had barely enough wood remaining from the old install in the sideboard to drill complete holes.

Here was my original thread. http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49553

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 29 Mar 2011 02:50 #8

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13

Danny;556096 wrote: Is this a direct replacement for the 3000 series?
Mine is PITA for skiing when you are looking for just a few hundred rpm difference.
What is the cost of it and how much work in changing it out?


It was for me. The manual is available for download on the Teleflex site. It show a reference of what drive systems it is compatible to.. What engine / drive do you have?

I troll with it and the find adjustment is light years ahead of the 3000. If I wanted to slow down with the 3000 I would have to go all the way back to neutral then come back up. With the Teleflex I can make small adjustments up/down with no problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 29 Mar 2011 02:55 #9

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 30 Mar 2011 09:09 #10

  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 702
  • Thank you received: 18

Devildog9999;556036 wrote: I have been buying parts like a mad man as some of you know - but I have to tell you, I got my new control unit in today, a Teleflex CH1751 and I cannot stress how happy I am with the build and the quality. It feels sturdy, well built and was packaged with damn near every small part / piece that you could ever need for any model setup. Not even so much as a single fingerprint on it!

Kudo's to Teleflex for making such an obvious piece of excellent quality hardware! I was fortunate enough to get it at last years pricing as well, which was a HUGE bonus. If anyone wants to see pics, let me know and I will shoot them for you.


If it's not a rude question, how much did you pay for yours, and where did you get it from?
I am in Brisbane, Aust. and they are quoting nearly $500
While the Aussie $ is so strong, I am hoping to pick up a deal out of the States.:cool

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

I am very Impressed! 30 Mar 2011 09:21 #11

  • Devildog9999
  • Devildog9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 563
  • Thank you received: 0
I got it from PBSBoatstore and paid 260.00 shipped for the model I bought.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember to share that Rep Power!
1988 2455 - TONS of cash and counting!
2005 Sea-Doo GTX Limted

I am very Impressed! 30 Mar 2011 21:24 #12

  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 702
  • Thank you received: 18

Devildog9999;556495 wrote: I got it from PBSBoatstore and paid 260.00 shipped for the model I bought.


Thanks for that.
I am missing something here.
What is the difference between the trim and trim/tilt option??
http://www.pbsboatstore.com/teleflex-ch1700-side-mount-engine-controls.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 01:16 #13

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13
Trim only will bring the drive up a certain amount like 15 degrees (don't know the exact amount)

Tilt is the trailer button on some controls, it used to bring the drive to the full UP position.

Im not sure why you would need tilt without trim though unless you wired a seperate switch on the dash or in the engine room to bring the engine up to full up position.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 02:34 #14

  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 702
  • Thank you received: 18

keithjabber;556721 wrote: Trim only will bring the drive up a certain amount like 15 degrees (don't know the exact amount)

Tilt is the trailer button on some controls, it used to bring the drive to the full UP position.

Im not sure why you would need tilt without trim though unless you wired a seperate switch on the dash or in the engine room to bring the engine up to full up position.


Thanks, that makes sense.
I just checked online and they want $213 for shipping :right
I have emailed them and hopefully this is a mistake.
I think one of our BOC members needs to buy stuff for us aussies and ship it over here, so we don't get screwed.:kidding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 03:14 #15

  • BCSaltchucker
  • BCSaltchucker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 256
  • Thank you received: 0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 13:06 #16

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13

Danny;556751 wrote: Thanks, that makes sense.
I just checked online and they want $213 for shipping :right
I have emailed them and hopefully this is a mistake.
I think one of our BOC members needs to buy stuff for us aussies and ship it over here, so we don't get screwed.:kidding


That's craziness, almost as much in shipping as the thing costs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 18:12 #17

  • Black Creek
  • Black Creek's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 155
  • Thank you received: 11
I am looking for parts for a Quicksilver 3000 if you are interested in getting rid of the old one?

If i can't find the right parts one of those shiny new ones would be sweet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2005 2359 Trophy Pro
"Amigo"
B lll 5 ltr.
1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 18:37 #18

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13
What parts do you need? I've got the old one sitting in a box in the garage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 19:00 #19

  • Black Creek
  • Black Creek's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 155
  • Thank you received: 11




This is the part I need without the groove of corse. Or do you want to part with complete unit?

Hope these pictures come through...


thanks for your quick reply.







[attach]15007[/attach]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2005 2359 Trophy Pro
"Amigo"
B lll 5 ltr.
1998 2452 (Sold) "Island Time"

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 19:27 #20

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13
The neutral override wasn't working anymore, that's why I had to replace it.

I'll see if I can check the condition of that part.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 31 Mar 2011 21:14 #21

  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 702
  • Thank you received: 18

keithjabber;556827 wrote: That's craziness, almost as much in shipping as the thing costs.


I just received a reply.
Unfortunately, the shipping cost is correct.:mad:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Danny.
Gold Coast, Australia.
2002 195 Sports V6
Alpha 1 Gen 2
High five 21" s/s prop

I am very Impressed! 01 Apr 2011 02:07 #22

  • keithjabber
  • keithjabber's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 405
  • Thank you received: 13

usana;556954 wrote: This is the part I need without the groove of corse. Or do you want to part with complete unit?
Hope these pictures come through...
thanks for your quick reply.

[attach]15007[/attach]



Mine looks to be in good shape. I can get you the entire piece that you see in the pictures below. PM me so we can work out the details.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.



This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Keith
Waukegan, IL
1994 2859, Mercruise 6.3L 383 MPI (Repower)

I am very Impressed! 01 Apr 2011 02:11 #23

  • Devildog9999
  • Devildog9999's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 563
  • Thank you received: 0

Danny;557005 wrote: I just received a reply.
Unfortunately, the shipping cost is correct.:mad:


Seriously?

This is what the USPS quotes:

Priority Mail® International Options
Priority Mail® International
Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79"
6 - 10 business days
$56.35
$53.53
Priority Mail® International Large Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Large Box: 12" x 12" x 5-1/2".
Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 business days
$58.50
$55.58
Priority Mail® International Medium Flat Rate Box
USPS-Produced Medium Box:
13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2".
Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 business days
$45.50
$43.23


It's only 6.5 lbs, and the box is 24" by 8" X 8"


That is CRAZY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Remember to share that Rep Power!
1988 2455 - TONS of cash and counting!
2005 Sea-Doo GTX Limted

I am very Impressed! 01 Apr 2011 02:28 #24

  • 2006-289
  • 2006-289's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Posts: 320
  • Thank you received: 0

Danny;556493 wrote: If it's not a rude question, how much did you pay for yours, and where did you get it from?
I am in Brisbane, Aust. and they are quoting nearly $500
While the Aussie $ is so strong, I am hoping to pick up a deal out of the States.:cool


Defender.com has them for 242 to 359 (3 different models) search ch1700 on their site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zodiac Hurricane 733 CZ7
2002 Trophy W/A Mercury 150 four stroke

I am very Impressed! 01 Apr 2011 15:42 #25

  • haheikkibl
  • haheikkibl's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
  • Posts: 101
  • Thank you received: 2
I ordered one today for 250$ from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130503565692&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT#ht_720wt_948

Their shipping cost to Finland/europe was 35$.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hannu & Pearl (Ciera 2355 '94 5,7L Alpha One)
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum