• Page:

TOPIC: Calling Download_Complete

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 05:06 #1

• ishiboo
  • ishiboo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Found a boat for you. 24' Bay in MINT condition.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/1592343423.html

I would have emailed you but I thought this would be great for the whole club to scorn :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2005 Crownline 316 LS "The Lucille"

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 13:22 #2

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 0
According to his description, he sunk 45,000 into her in the past 2 years?? Now that's just too bad. Hope he isn't expecting to get even half that back.

Ralph
Ciera 2855

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 14:10 #3

• Owtlaw
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It could be an awesome boat. Hard to tell. I'm always amused at sellers who leave mention of the year model out of their ads. Like it's unimportant?

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 14:46 #4

• Days away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
The old boy better have his dealing shoes on with Matt and at least another $45000.00 to stick in it to bring it up to par for Matt. :kidding :D
Good Morning Matt Truefully I hope you like it.
If not I still have Kevins # for that 2850 contessa in Riverdale marina,That was a lot of boat for the $2850.00 he was asking.

Sherman,J & Temple,T Sicard. & CITY LIMITS, a 1983 Searay SRV 270 Sundancer 10' beam.twin 470 with closed cooling and merc outdrives.
Instant Karma,a 1978 Hawaiian Daycruiser 25' with a BBC 454 with a 330 outdrive.
Days away,1988 Bayliner 2155 Ciera sunbridge with a 305 and a OMC.
Docked at...

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 14:51 #5

• ishiboo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Days away;416848 wrote: The old boy better have his dealing shoes on with Matt and at least another $45000.00 to stick in it to bring it up to par for Matt. :kidding :D
Good Morning Matt Truefully I hope you like it.
If not I still have Kevins # for that 2850 contessa in Riverdale marina,That was a lot of boat for the $2850.00 he was asking.

A 2850 for $2850? PM me what you know :)

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 15:16 #6

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 553
Un. Real.

Well from what I can tell, its none other than a 1986 2450 Ciera Sportcruiser, the very boat I just sold. And it clearly has a 350MAG in it. Frankly I would have been much more interested if it was all-original like my old one.

Its not something I would buy (and certainly not something I would spend $16,000 for - good luck getting a loan on that!), but best of luck to the seller. Its, uh, interesting. :P

Thanks Pat. I think I am probably going to make a move on that Cobra up in Oshkosh. I uncovered a whole bunch of info on it from when I called in the fall and I have a feeling its going to be a solid boat. We're going to be up there on Saturday afternoon if you feel like getting together.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 17:03 #7

• s Keller
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
He's not willing to spend 22k on shipping but he is willing to lose 29k on his 45k "investment " :confused:

Steve
1986 Capri 2150 B/R 225E / 275
2005 Regaliner 2765 8.1 w/VPDPS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0 diesel 4 x 4

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 17:17 #8

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

s Keller;416917 wrote: He's not willing to spend 22k on shipping but he is willing to lose 29k on his 45k "investment " :confused:

The boat is worth no more than $5,000 on a good day, as is. It doesn't matter how much money he pours into it. I dumped 2 grand into mine in upgrades and maintenance and I didn't see a dime for it.

Think about it....for 16 grand, there's a TON of other boats out there you can buy that, despite his upgrades, are nicer and newer than this. I loved my 2450, very unique boat, but at the end of the day, it was a 23 year old Bayliner bowrider with a plywood floor.

And buying newer means you can get a loan on it. No bank will write a loan on a $16,000 '86 bayliner bowrider that books out at 5 large.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 17:21 #9

• ishiboo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Download_Complete;416929 wrote: The boat is worth no more than $5,000 on a good day, as is. It doesn't matter how much money he pours into it. I dumped 2 grand into mine in upgrades and maintenance and I didn't see a dime for it.

Think about it....for 16 grand, there's a TON of other boats out there you can buy that, despite his upgrades, are nicer and newer than this. I loved my 2450, very unique boat, but at the end of the day, it was a 23 year old Bayliner bowrider with a plywood floor.

And buying newer means you can get a loan on it. No bank will write a loan on a $16,000 '86 bayliner bowrider that books out at 5 large.

Plus it's ugly... whats up with that yellow?! If it's worth $5k it's only because of the fuel-injected mag.

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 17:51 #10

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ishiboo;416935 wrote: Plus it's ugly... whats up with that yellow?! If it's worth $5k it's only because of the fuel-injected mag.

Thats the problem with these older "restos". The people who do them either lack money, taste, or both. :)

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 18:04 #11

• slia67

Seaquel;416817 wrote: According to his description, he sunk 45,000 into her in the past 2 years??

I'd like to know where the $45k went? I think it would be hard to spend that kind of money on a 25' BR even if someone else was charging you for labor to completely rebuild it.

Doug

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 18:06 #12

• Visitor
  • Visitor

The boat is worth no more than $5,000 on a good day,

Now you know how to put a price on another persons boat !! :hammer. Wow Matty do you have ESP on what sells at the time ??. Listen here young man !! you have alot to learn !!. Some boats bring in more $$$ than others. My Sea Ray is still worth $18.000 after 22yrs. :arr

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 18:31 #13

• Days away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Wayne's World;416959 wrote: Now you know how to put a price on another persons boat !! :hammer. Wow Matty do you have ESP on what sells at the time ??. Listen here young man !! you have alot to learn !!. Some boats bring in more $$$ than others. My Sea Ray is still worth $18.000 after 22yrs. :arr

Wayne,
Hey Buddy I just checked Searay out on NADA low book is $12.885 after 27yrs so I think I will stick another $5000.00 in it and call it home.
Gotta Love the Darkside(Luke I am your father) HAHAHAHA I crack myself up :D:D:D

Sherman,J & Temple,T Sicard. & CITY LIMITS, a 1983 Searay SRV 270 Sundancer 10' beam.twin 470 with closed cooling and merc outdrives.
Instant Karma,a 1978 Hawaiian Daycruiser 25' with a BBC 454 with a 330 outdrive.
Days away,1988 Bayliner 2155 Ciera sunbridge with a 305 and a OMC.
Docked at...

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:22 #14

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Wayne's World;416959 wrote: Now you know how to put a price on another persons boat !! :hammer. Wow Matty do you have ESP on what sells at the time ??. Listen here young man !! you have alot to learn !!. Some boats bring in more $$$ than others. My Sea Ray is still worth $18.000 after 22yrs. :arr

Apparantly he forgot that I research the hell out of things and RECENTLY SOLD MY 2450 (same boat as the one in the ad) and I am QUITE aware of its current value, thank you veddy much.

TO paraphrase FIght Club...and now, for a question of etiquitte. Do I keep quiet or do I humiliate him with an avalanche of facts?

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:30 #15

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Simple. Keep quiet..not worth getting into it.
Back on topic:

Thats the problem with these older "restos". The people who do them either lack money, taste, or both

or common sense! I simply don't understand why people would sink that kind of dough into a boat thats worth no where near what they are spending :ouch

Ralph
Ciera 2855

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:40 #16

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127
Yep he's all hat and no cattle.

Some will get it.

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:41 #17

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Seaquel;417028 wrote: Simple. Keep quiet..not worth getting into it.
Back on topic:

or common sense! I simply don't understand why people would sink that kind of dough into a boat thats worth no where near what they are spending :ouch

Had he done nothing else but install the 350MAG/B3, I would say that adds SOME value. How much is up to conjecture and the value of the person buying it. Personally I would have repowered the engine and DP'd the original Volvo, but thats me. Clearly he put quite a bit of money into the powertrain.

The problem is Opportunity Cost. At what point does his asking price put me into a newer, similarly powered boat? I'd say for $15,000 I can bring home a damn nice bowrider, possibly even an older Cobalt.

Hell there is a gorgeous 1989 3255 Avanti in Madison WI that is CHEAPER than this guy's boat, and frankly I'd rather have that.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:49 #18

• ishiboo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Download_Complete;417035 wrote: Had he done nothing else but install the 350MAG/B3, I would say that adds SOME value. How much is up to conjecture and the value of the person buying it. Personally I would have repowered the engine and DP'd the original Volvo, but thats me. Clearly he put quite a bit of money into the powertrain.

The problem is Opportunity Cost. At what point does his asking price put me into a newer, similarly powered boat? I'd say for $15,000 I can bring home a damn nice bowrider, possibly even an older Cobalt.

Hell there is a gorgeous 1989 3255 Avanti in Madison WI that is CHEAPER than this guy's boat, and frankly I'd rather have that.

There's a couple nice 3255's around here. I know of at least one in Milwaukee and at least one (they used to have 2) at the marina you're going to Saturday :)

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:54 #19

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

ishiboo;417043 wrote: There's a couple nice 3255's around here. I know of at least one in Milwaukee and at least one (they used to have 2) at the marina you're going to Saturday :)

That happens to be the one I am referring to. ;)

I still want a 2955 Avanti or a (THE) 2850 Contessa, but the issue for me is the hassle of doing the kind of boating I want to do with that size of a boat.

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:59 #20

• Download_Complete
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Oh yeah, reread the ad....$22,000 to ship??? Where the hell is he shipping it to, Greenland?

Matt Train
BOC Admin
Chicagoland, IL

Calling Download_Complete 09 Feb 2010 20:59 #21

• ishiboo
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Download_Complete;417045 wrote: That happens to be the one I am referring to. ;)

I still want a 2955 Avanti or a (THE) 2850 Contessa, but the issue for me is the hassle of doing the kind of boating I want to do with that size of a boat.

Once you get something that size and slip it you'll never look back :) The enjoyment of just being able to drive over and get on the boat and go is worth any pricetag. Plus being able to make lunch, take a leak and stay out overnight... that's how we're supposed to live :)

Getting stuck in one particular area is not as bad as it sounds.

Calling Download_Complete 10 Feb 2010 03:30 #22

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Download_Complete;417045 wrote: That happens to be the one I am referring to. ;)

Matt, you are wise to consider this issue. Slipping a boat of this size is much easier, so you have to decide how much hauling, etc. you are willing to endure.

Calling Download_Complete 10 Feb 2010 04:10 #23

• Iproff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 127

missrobyn;417224 wrote: Matt, you are wise to consider this issue. Slipping a boat of this size is much easier, so you have to decide how much hauling, etc. you are willing to endure.

;)

Watching crow being slowly eaten in the PNW.
The village idiot strikes again.
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds