• Page:

TOPIC: 2010, 335 Bayline video review

2010, 335 Bayline video review 06 Feb 2010 18:51 #1

• Spitfire
  • Spitfire's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0
As promised, here is a link to the PowerBoat TV review of the new 335 Ciera. The show was just broadcast today......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qejFvH3kQSA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Marc
1992 3288 "Spitfire" with twin 5.8L inboards
1988 17ft Century "L'll Spitfire" with single 2.5LMercruiser

2010, 335 Bayline video review 06 Feb 2010 21:48 #2

• bpierey
Thanks for posting this!

i'm happy with the post, but must say disappointed by the 335. Just my opinion, maybe im wrong, but seeing this video and the 315 for real at the boat show, they just doesnt make me feel tingling... sorry. I liked the ´old´ 320/340 much better.

For me personal i don´t see many pro´s comparing to my current boat, so i will keep it just a little longer. I'm not sure where Baliner is going to.

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands
"Sea Hawk" 1996 3255 CS, twin 5.7 Mercruiser B2

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 01:46 #3

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335

bpierey;415714 wrote: Thanks for posting this!

i'm happy with the post, but must say disappointed by the 335. Just my opinion, maybe im wrong, but seeing this video and the 315 for real at the boat show, they just doesnt make me feel tingling... sorry. I liked the ´old´ 320/340 much better.

For me personal i don´t see many pro´s comparing to my current boat, so i will keep it just a little longer. I'm not sure where Baliner is going to.

re,
Bert

The 335 is the old 320.

Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 02:18 #4

• Impactg
Thanks for posting... almost makes the 20" of snow we got today bareable... almost.

We didn't get much time on our new 320 (335), since we purchased it at the end of the season, but we're excited for spring to get here. It's just my wife and I, so the layout is perfect for how we use the boat. We opted for the open cabin layout and when you walk into the cockpit or down into the cabin there's tons of room to move around. We also like that we can hang out and watch tv and when we want to grab a bite, we just move up into the front berth with the table. We have guests on occasion, but we're not going to buy a boat for guests... we'll put the table down and filler cushion in and they can live with it. However, the couple we did have for a weekends said they were very comfortable.

And, I'll tell you what... the boat is fast. We have twin 350mpi's and during the sea trial had her at 40mph at 4,000RPM. The power to weight ratio seems ideal.

Todd
2008 320
Raystown Lake

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 18:10 #5

• bpierey

RGrew176;415798 wrote: The 335 is the old 320.

well.. i didnt say it wasnt.
But just the 340 isnt available anymore, so the 335 is the biggest they have now here.

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 20:49 #6

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bpierey;416041 wrote: well.. i didnt say it wasnt.
But just the 340 isnt available anymore, so the 335 is the biggest they have now here.

re,
Bert

That is true. Something tells me that the 340 will be back in some configuration. Most likely with the new SRS hull. My guess is it will be designated the 355.

Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
www.wrycc.com

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 21:04 #7

• bpierey
mmm.. i somehow hope you are right there. I didn't hear of anything, but it sure could be. You have any clues for that? or just your idea?

i would like a just slightly bigger boat, like the 340. Somewhere 10-11 meters. That is the minimum for me.

I'm just a little confused now where Bayliner is going. Hope i'm drawing conclusions too soon there :-) love to see a 355 coming out

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 21:54 #8

• JohnnyRock
I will say first I am a Bayliner fan and will be for long time. A few gripes though:

There is no need for a v berth when you have the cuddy cave, it just wastes valuable space for relaxing. And how many people actually cruise on their boats overnight probably less than 1/3.

If your going to review a boat that stresses its economical approach then tell me the costs like GPH, total cost of the model your reviewing, and motor options. And when you give out speed figures tell us what your are carrying for fuel, water and the like. Othewise its too suspect.

Maybe its just that I am used to people who actually care about the details and this video is more to spur sales calls.

1987 3870 Motoryacht
"American Courage"
Hilton Head Island, SC
Chief Brody: "we're gonna need a bigger boat"

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 22:05 #9

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bpierey;416100 wrote: mmm.. i somehow hope you are right there. I didn't hear of anything, but it sure could be. You have any clues for that? or just your idea?

i would like a just slightly bigger boat, like the 340. Somewhere 10-11 meters. That is the minimum for me.

I'm just a little confused now where Bayliner is going. Hope i'm drawing conclusions too soon there :-) love to see a 355 coming out

re,
Bert

It's just a gut feeling I have. No clues just past Bayliner history.

Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
www.wrycc.com

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 22:06 #10

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

JohnnyRock;416113 wrote: I will say first I am a Bayliner fan and will be for long time. A few gripes though:

There is no need for a v berth when you have the cuddy cave, it just wastes valuable space for relaxing. And how many people actually cruise on their boats overnight probably less than 1/3.

If your going to review a boat that stresses its economical approach then tell me the costs like GPH, total cost of the model your reviewing, and motor options. And when you give out speed figures tell us what your are carrying for fuel, water and the like. Othewise its too suspect.

Maybe its just that I am used to people who actually care about the details and this video is more to spur sales calls.

That is why Bayliner offers the forward berth option or forward seating in both the 315 and 335. If you have no need to sleep more than two the open cabin option is a good one.

Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
www.wrycc.com

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 23:08 #11

• bpierey
thats what i really like... i have that now. Very few boats have forward seating. Most have fixed bed back and forward, while i only need 1 fixed (and maybe 1 convertable, ok)

thats why i bought my 3255, and i really love it!! plenty of space inside, while i sleep on my boat sometimes all week, and mostly 4-5 days a week.

The only thing really would like is a seperate shower cabin, thats a very big plus for me, but then id have to go to bigger boats, as of 38ft. I guess the most buyers dont care for that, but it would be possible on a 33/34 ft boat, im sure.

i guess i wished Bayliner would make the showers, but without the forward bed i personally won't buy a new boat and keep this one.

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 07 Feb 2010 23:19 #12

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bpierey;416145 wrote: thats what i really like... i have that now. Very few boats have forward seating. Most have fixed bed back and forward, while i only need 1 fixed (and maybe 1 convertable, ok)

thats why i bought my 3255, and i really love it!! plenty of space inside, while i sleep on my boat sometimes all week, and mostly 4-5 days a week.

The only thing really would like is a seperate shower cabin, thats a very big plus for me, but then id have to go to bigger boats, as of 38ft. I guess the most buyers dont care for that, but it would be possible on a 33/34 ft boat, im sure.

i guess i wished Bayliner would make the showers, but without the forward bed i personally won't buy a new boat and keep this one.

re,
Bert

If I ever get a bigger boat, not likely, it will have a separate shower.

Rick Grew

2004 Past Commodore
www.wrycc.com

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 03:13 #13

• Impactg

RGrew176;416149 wrote: If I ever get a bigger boat, not likely, it will have a separate shower.

Although Bayliner made one small change that, on the surface, may seem small, but after having used the head for a shower is significant. On our 2655, there was a shower curtain that pulled over the door. Okay, but didn't keep all the water from draining out onto the cabin carpet. On the new one, the heavier curtain has snaps all the way around the door. Really makes a difference.

I'd love to have a separate shower as well. On this size boat, however, it wouldn't be worth giving up the extra space it would take IMO.

Todd
2008 320
Raystown Lake

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 03:55 #14

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
that's why I like my 340...I have the open seating and last week we saw the sister ship with the fwd berth....I agree with the fact that most people don't normally use the fwd vee...we searched all over the place until we could find a boat with the open seating....when our sales guy mentioned he had a nice boat for us...we were really concerned with it being a vee berth...if it had one...we would have not bought the boat...
I know they aren't building those 340's after last yr....the 335 is it....

:arr arrr

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 13:26 #15

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

JohnnyRock;416113 wrote: I will say first I am a Bayliner fan and will be for long time. A few gripes though:

See I disagree totally. I like the idea of a stationary forward berth instead of a table that you have to take up and down. I also think that most people who own cruisers do use it for over night. I also think that more than half of them would want two seperate sleeping quarters.
PS love the power hatch that stores the table!! Hugh plus.

Ralph
Ciera 2855

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 16:49 #16

• Impactg
For our needs, a couple without children and who occassionally have guests, the layout is ideal. I agree for our needs a forward berth would be wasted space. The rear enclosed berth with dressing area is all the dedicated sleeping space we need.

I'd say the only thing I was less than thrilled about on the 320/335 is the fact that the cockpit is so 'vanilla'. Except for the simulated woodgrain at the helm, everything is very WHITE. I decided to do a project to offset the whiteout and compliment the helm. Below are some replacement oak pieces I built and finished for the boat. They'll all be mounted with stainless hardware.

Side inserts for the arch with additional speakers added. Will put an A/B switch on the system to have 4 in the cockpit/ or 2 and 2 (cockpit/cabin). Also added LED directional lights that will be switched with the courtesy lights:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Top of Arch:

Cup Holders which were starboard:

Cockpit door that was that plastic you can never keep clean. Added a handle for easier opening:

Cockpit table:

Will mount to the trash receptical as an accent:

Anxious to see how it will all come together. Took about 3 months to build and finish with 7 coats of Spar Urethane.

Todd
2008 320
Raystown Lake

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 16:54 #17

• bpierey

Seaquel;416323 wrote: See I disagree totally. I like the idea of a stationary forward berth instead of a table that you have to take up and down. I also think that most people who own cruisers do use it for over night. I also think that more than half of them would want two seperate sleeping quarters.
PS love the power hatch that stores the table!! Hugh plus.

Well, i guess most people do like that, but i'm still confused why. If you sleep overnight, it is really great watching tv, or playing game/cards in my boat. For the evening it is. If u like only the bed, and i think that is only when u have sleep overs, then u just let the table down. If i do that, i got a really big bed, 3 people can sleep there :-)

I still think the forward convertable seating is best both ways. And also better if u have to sell again. I just think more people use the boat for 2 people sleepover and evenings on the lake, then for 4 sleepovers. (kids is no problem to make the bed, i can have 6 sleepovers).

but again.. thats just my opinion, and i see most people think otherwise. Just really love it that Bayliner has the option!! good thinking there...

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 16:58 #18

• bpierey

seapuppy;416242 wrote: that's why I like my 340...I have the open seating and last week we saw the sister ship with the fwd berth....I agree with the fact that most people don't normally use the fwd vee...we searched all over the place until we could find a boat with the open seating....when our sales guy mentioned he had a nice boat for us...we were really concerned with it being a vee berth...if it had one...we would have not bought the boat...
I know they aren't building those 340's after last yr....the 335 is it....

:arr arrr

yes... i am a little jalous... i love the 340. Brings lots of benefits comparing to 'my' boat, so maybe i should look for one of those, maybe better priced now.

At the moment i'm saving money for a 38ft (well... ok,ok, i try to :-) )

Season is almost starting here now, and my 'project wishlist' is already growing and growing....... have to be carefull not to spend too much.

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 17:02 #19

• bpierey

Impactg;416408 wrote: I'd say the only thing I was less than thrilled about on the 320/335 is the fact that the cockpit is so 'vanilla'. Except for the simulated woodgrain at the helm, everything is very WHITE.

that is right yes, but i must say i like that. I saw some 'dark wood' boats, and they were very dark inside. The white layout just makes me more happy (i have the light version, ahorn color). The darker makes me feel more secluded. But that is also taste of course.

So to say, again one of the Bayliner pros, imo. I love the big windows and light interior, also much 'spaciour' (thats no English is it?) with no forward bed.
With the curtains open, if you walk into my boat its really light and gives you a feeling of space. Thats what i also love on the 320/340 boats.

re,
Bert

Bert
Netherlands

2010, 335 Bayline video review 08 Feb 2010 18:05 #20

• Impactg

bpierey;416415 wrote: that is right yes, but i must say i like that. I saw some 'dark wood' boats, and they were very dark inside. The white layout just makes me more happy (i have the light version, ahorn color). The darker makes me feel more secluded. But that is also taste of course.

So to say, again one of the Bayliner pros, imo. I love the big windows and light interior, also much 'spaciour' (thats no English is it?) with no forward bed.
With the curtains open, if you walk into my boat its really light and gives you a feeling of space. Thats what i also love on the 320/340 boats.

re,
Bert

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. One of the reasons I'm drawn to Bayliner's is the airiness of the cabin. I too prefer light woods, open spaces and lots of light. Just felt the cockpit needed a little something-something to break up all the white. The only color is the gray carpet (if you can call that a color) and the thin, blue piping on the upholsery. Now the cabin seems perfect for my tastes.

While I think four winns crusiers are some of my favorites in overall hull design, I'm put off by the dark woods in the cabin. Makes the boat 'feel' so heavy and the spaces so close.

Todd
2008 320
Raystown Lake
  • Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds