Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 16:57 #1

• Swauk2858
  • Swauk2858's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings all... I have a 1998 2858 and I am going to have Leta's do a camper back for it. My trouble is that my boat is on Lake Pend Orielle and I don't have a trailer or truck to haul it over there to have her do it. Locally the canvas shops are to much $$. Leta does not have a pattern for a camper back for any 2858 from 1996 to the present.
My questions are this:
Are there any 1996 or newer 2858 owner that are near Leta's, (Everett Marina or residence), that would be willing to let her get measurements etc to fit my boat for a camper back?

Maybe there is a 2858 owner that wants a camperback also that lives close by and is going to have one made for theirs?

If there is anyone close by that is a "saint" and haul their 1998 or newer 2858 to Leta's for any reason or just for me I would probably be able to offset any costs involved..fuel and trouble.

She would make a pattern from mine and then there would be a pattern available after that for others to get a good $$ deal on a camper back enclosure for a 2858.

She didn't give me a estimate but I am not afraid of what she would charge me at all. I am sure she will add some $$ to mine because of the travel for her or her helpers.

Leta had made two camperbacks for two other boats that I have had and I have been extremely happy with them.

Or does anyone have any ideas? suggestions?
Thanks John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John
Swauk2858

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 17:08 #2

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258
There are many 2858's at Dagmars. Perhaps you could get them to take measurements from one of those? My neighbor is a 2858 and he would likely not mind being measured.

Most of what they need would take just minutes to measure.

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 17:13 #3

• BrianM
  • Thank you received: 0

SomeSailor;413141 wrote: ...... My neighbor.... he would likely not mind being measured.

No comment.........

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Brian
Southern California
2008 Maxum 1900 SR3, 4.3V-6, Alpha 1

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 17:32 #4

• Swauk2858
  • Swauk2858's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

SomeSailor;413141 wrote: There are many 2858's at Dagmars. Perhaps you could get them to take measurements from one of those? My neighbor is a 2858 and he would likely not mind being measured.

Most of what they need would take just minutes to measure.

Is your neighbors boat a 1996 or newer?

Your neighbor is at Dagmars I take it? Is Dagmars about the same distance or closer to Leta's than the Everett marina?

Would you be willing to get me the ok from your neighbor and any other information location of boat etc... I would need and as far as permission from Dagmars if there is any needed?
I am very thankful for the BOC and their members for the quick help they provide...

John
Swauk2858

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 19:35 #5

• Moose2k
  • Thank you received: 0
I had a local shop in Hayden do my camper canvas this Fall. To my surprise his price was less than Leta’s and I didn’t have to install the snaps;). Lake Pend Orielle is not that far away so he may go and measure your boat. If you want his contact info, PM me.

1994 2655 5.7 Alpha I

Needing help with 2858 Camper Back Canvas 01 Feb 2010 20:14 #6

• seapuppy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
dag's is in everett up the snohomish river by about 2 mi....really close for her since she would come off HW 5 onto 529....she's been there many times at dags to do canvas....if mike can get permission from his neighbor...maybe leta wouldn't mind stopping by and measuring him:D..um...his boat that is...:kidding

:arr arrr

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds