• Page:

TOPIC: Honda 20i running on LPG?

Honda 20i running on LPG? 02 Feb 2010 08:18 #26

• Roel Jansen
  • Roel Jansen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 0

ModMMax;413237 wrote: Well done Roel. Yea, I would appreciate a translation. I did notice that the page has the word "marine" on it. Maybe this exhaust extension is designed for marine use??

Yes it seems to be.

Artikel ► Edelstahl-Abgasschlauch (ohne den Generator lt. Abb.)
Stainless steel flexible exhaust (without generator)

Merkmal ► gezielte Ableitung der Abgase und zusätzliche Lärmreduzierung.
Usage: Controlled removal of the gasses and as an extra noise reduction.

Material ► hochwertiger Edelstahl
Material: High quality Stainless steel

Besonderheiten► flexibel nur für Honda Stromerzeugermodelle EX 7, EU 10i und EU 20i

Specs: Flexible only for the following Honda generator models: EX7, EU 10i and EU 20i

Zusätzliche ► Informationen ermöglicht den Betrieb in geschlossenen Räumen bei Gewährleistung von ausreichender Zu- und Abluft. Zusätzliche Geräuschreduzierung!
Größe ► 150 cm lang
Gewicht ► ca. 1kg

Extra information: It's possible to use it in a closed environment, but only if there is the guaranty of constant fresh air circulation.
Again they mention the extra noise reduction.
Length about 59 inch.
Weight about 2.20 pound (VS)

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Roel Jansen
Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Te Rapunga
Bayliner 340 2006

Again not made friends, but you can kill the messenger but not the message!
Remember that our Nation was sailing the seas long before yours was even discovered! ;)
BOC member since 1998
[url]...

Honda 20i running on LPG? 03 Feb 2010 17:52 #27

• Canemah_Patriot
  • Thank you received: 4
Did we really get through three pages of discussion about Honda generators without anyone mentioning that you can get a Brand X genset that is "just like the Honda" for a third the price? Congratulations.

Ken & Linda, Canemah Oregon
1984 Bayliner 2750 "Patriot"

Honda 20i running on LPG? 03 Feb 2010 19:32 #28

• 706jim
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 62

Canemah_Patriot;414138 wrote: Did we really get through three pages of discussion about Honda generators without anyone mentioning that you can get a Brand X genset that is "just like the Honda" for a third the price? Congratulations.

Yup; we did.

And despite all of the comments for and against propane, nobody has mentioned the exploding, bilge-stored Honda.

(Yet)

2007 Discovery 246
300mpi BIII
Welcome island Lake Superior

Honda 20i running on LPG? 03 Feb 2010 20:34 #29

• Seaquel
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Canemah_Patriot;414138 wrote: Did we really get through three pages of discussion about Honda generators without anyone mentioning that you can get a Brand X genset that is "just like the Honda" for a third the price? Congratulations.

I would hope that we could. After all the original post was not related to the performance of a Honda or it's price, therfore not inviting comparisons. I know I know sometimes that dosen't matter :)

Ralph
Ciera 2855

Honda 20i running on LPG? 04 Feb 2010 04:12 #30

• TrophyTroubles
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Just as on vehicles any gas storage cylinder whether steel or fiberglass has to be recertified. It gets costly for removal, testing and reinstallation if required.
Here in Calgary I work at ATCO Gas and our fleet runs on Nat Gas. All our trucks by law must have tank inspection and recertification every 2 years. They are also very picky as to the location where tanks are mounted.
If tanks were a permanent mount on a boat I'm sure rigid rules would apply.

Garner
Leaning on the wheel of the "Shamahawk"
1991 Bayliner 3288, Hino 150's Shamahawk III

Honda 20i running on LPG? 04 Feb 2010 07:07 #31

• Scary
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6
All warehouse forklifts run on propane. The engine life is extended by a factor of at least 4 and the propane combustion emits less CO. Thats why they're used extensivly indoors in warehouses. I've had forklifts in my warehouse run in excess of 18,000 hrs yes that's 18,000 hrs.
Another plus is there is no E10 fuel seperaton with propane. The storage tank for propane holds at least 10 times the stock capasity of the EU2000. So you'd have to refill the Eu2000 less times. It is a little less powerful but in vehicles it was remeded by slightly higher compression ratios. International, ford and Gm marketed trucks that ran on propane back in the 60's and 70's when propane was cheaper than gas. These trucks all came with high compression engines for propane. So there might be an advantage to this setup.

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds