Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Who sneeks to the marina

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 01:55 #26

• Speakrdude
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Been sneaking down there to install a fresh water cooling system (half) on her. She was NOT in a good mood. Broke a bolt off in the front of the block taking off the 26 year old water pump. Drilled, installed easy out, broke that off too! After only a few more hours of working in th 20 degree weather. (I did have a heater, however), Got it out, installed new, 4 and half gallons of 50/50 mix, she's all happy again. Had to break the ice to get her in the water.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jim Crews
1992 Maxum 2300SR Bowrider
1994 Ranger 354XT
1996 Maxum 3200 SCR

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 02:33 #27

• MikeM8560
  • Thank you received: 0
my boat is about ten minutes form my home and I stop down a few times a week after work. stoped by today and had to check out how my new water pump was working

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 02:40 #28

• Guest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Its nice to know that I'm not the only one !! :arr. That has this sickness. :hammer

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 03:26 #29

• Marine One
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I went down yesterday afternoon to check on the old girl. Sat there listening to the stereo while drinking a beer and running an electric space heater to keep warm!
I broke the code early in my stay at our marina. As soon as the doors close at the end of the work day, the owner announces "Happy Hour." He and his employees have a fridge full of beer in the tool room. Everyone who wants stays for one or two beers before heading home. The owner's house is on premises so he usually remains for awhile. I'm sure he tells his Admiral that he's catching up on paperwork. I got invited early in my stay there, and am now a regular. It took The Admiral awhile but she finally figured out why I don't go over to check on the boat until mid-late afternoon. One afternoon I was involved in wrapping up a project on the boat and missed "happy hour." When I got to my car there was cold can of beer on the ground next to the driver's door! Every so often I'll bring in a couple of cases of beer. It's amazing how well it helps to get things done.

Perseverance
1999 Ciera 2855
Mercruiser 7.4L Bravo III
"Freedom Is Not Free"
an Nasiriyah, Iraq 3-23-2003

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 03:37 #30

• Visitor
  • Visitor

He and his employees have a fridge full of beer in the tool room.

M1, That sounds just like my marina :arr.

The owner's house is on premises so he usually remains for awhile.

Thats how Ron is also. :)

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 04:32 #31

• RGrew176
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335
My boat is locked away in the rack storage building. I will get to see her on April 15th at the earliest.

Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 05:03 #32

• 2859er
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 32
I see mine at least twice a day, when I go to work and come home. She is safe and sound in our shop/garage, right beside our cars. It will not be until late April or May before she ventures out on the water.

But I am "Keeping hope alive" because we know that "Change is coming, change we can all believe in", when "every man will be a king" for summer and boating season "is just around the corner". :D

Boy, am I board with winter.

2000, Ciera SC 2859
7.4L MPI Bravo II
MMSI# 338118874
06 Silverado LT 3500 Diesel

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 13:09 #33

• CDC
For a couple of reasons. First is safety, we store with jack stands, not a cradle and they require constant attention during the winter. The ground moves and if you don't make adjustments the boat will lift off the stands from the keel blocking heaving, or will sit on the stands with no weight on the keel blocking. Neither is a good situation.

Second is just to get that boat fix, sometimes do the space heater and beers. This past weekend there were hardly any parking spots at the club there were so many people down just hanging out in the sunshine. 30 degrees and the wind was howling, but the sun was out. Downside was that the beers were flowing and some of the crew decided to venture out on the ice to our breakwall (not I).......my decision not to take part in the excursion was reenforced as a good when when I heard someone yell out "Hey come over here, you can see the bottom through this open water." There was also talk of finding ice skates.

1988 2655 Ciera Sunbridge
5.7 OMC Cobra
poc Erie, PA

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 14:41 #34

• wvboater
  • Thank you received: 4
and like others, every evening as I arrive home from work, there she sits on the trailer next to the house. When I leave for work the next morning, there she sits on the trailer next to the house. She is definitely feeling lonely and neglected. Fortunately, this year, I get a little relief since I am in the process of ordering the electrical supplies and the boat lift for installation (hopefully in March!!). More dock work is scheduled for the next couple of months as well including adding the ballusters to the ramp and stairs and adding a couple of round picnic tables with Sunbrella umbrellas. Fortunately , I do get my "BOC fix" on a daily basis. Debating launching early this year since power will be available at the dock in the event an unexpected cold snap rears up, but it all depends on river conditions. At the latest, she will get wet in early to mid April. I have hardly ventured into the cabin at all this winter but have a hunch that will be changing as time continues to pass. Have some minor stitching to do on the bimini top (wonder if fishing line will work??) and of course the obligatory cleaning, waxing and polishing is ahead as well. C'mon Spring!!!:arr

"GLORY BOUND"

2007 245, 5.0 Alpha 1
2009 (new in 2011) Seadoo RXT-215
Two little itty-bitty ride on top kayaks!
Land Travel accomplished with 2007 3500 CC D/A DRW Chevrolet Silverado

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 14:50 #35

• FishNette
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Wow! I can't even imagine not being able to boat all year round. I have my boat in a floating slip at a marina about 5 minutes from my home. It is ready to take out at a moments notice. I feel sorry for all you snow bound boaters. Heck, we went out this past weekend. It was about 70 degrees F.

I'll be thinking about all of you this next weekend when we are out on the water. :D

Be who you say you are, and say what you feel...because those that matter, don't mind...and those that mind, don't matter!
[SIGPIC]
1996 Maxum 2300SR
Mercruiser 7.4L
Bravo 3

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 14:57 #36

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 253
Usually I visit the boat 2x a week.

Whitby Yacht Club is a social place year-round.

Every week during the winter we have a mid-week event called Knife & Fork Club. One couple "hosts" and they bring baked potatoes, salads and fresh bread. You bring your own meat to BBQ. Some people call it "Burn Your Own". We have a relaxed dinner, a couple of drinks, and then enjoy the Winter Sail Program. Winter Sail can be anything from a guest speaker, like Derek Hatfield last week, to a seminar on knots, to an Interlux bottom paint technical session. Next week the admiral and I are the presenters and we will recount our trip from Wisconsin back to Ontario, with lots of photos and some discussion on how to import boats from the US.

Every Friday night is Pub Night. The caterer whips up a pretty decent dinner, and we have a few drinks in the bar. Relaxed and fun.

This week we have a few extra visitors to the club. Full size photos here

Jam Today in her winter jammies

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 16:22 #37

• Admiralwhiskywizard

whiskywizard;411408 wrote: Usually I visit the boat 2x a week.

Whitby Yacht Club is a social place year-round.

Every week during the winter we have a mid-week event called Knife & Fork Club. One couple "hosts" and they bring backed potatoes, salads and fresh bread. You bring your own meat to BBQ. Some people call it "Burn Your Own". We have a relaxed dinner, a couple of drinks, and then enjoy the Winter Sail Program. Winter Sail can be anything from a guest speaker, like Derek Hatfield last week, to a seminar on knots, to an Interlux bottom paint techincal session. Next week the admiral and I are the presenters and we will recount our trip from Wisconsin back to Ontario, with lots of photos and some discussion on how to import boats from the US.

Every Friday night is Pub Night. The caterer whips up a pretty decent dinner, and we have a few drinks in the bar. Relaxed and fun.

This week we have a few extra visitors to the club. Full size photos here

Jam Today in her winter jammies

Mike - I think it is baked potatoes.

If any of our local CIF's (creepy internet friends :)) want to see the presentation - you are welcome to join us. We will sign you in as guests. It starts at 7:30 and the bar is open.

Ciao,
Doreen
Jam Today
2002 Tiara 4000 Express

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 16:35 #38

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121
Doreen..... what's it coming to when husband and wife must communicate with each other on the BOC?
Is Mike in the Dog House again? :kidding

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 16:46 #39

• Mocoondo
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 9
My boat is in my shop about 100' behind me. I probably go out there a couple times per week for one reason or another, but usually don't take the cover off. I think I have had the cover off once this winter to flip on the battery chargers and that's about it.

By late March or early April, I'll slowly start recommissioning her for the upcoming season.

I also installed an electrical modification to the VDO gauge cluster which hopefully will correct a number of anomolies associated with the instrument panel so I am anxious to see if that works out.

Mocoondo
2002 Bayliner 195 Capri "Sport"
Mercruiser 5.0L V8 / Alpha I Gen II
MMSI: 338091755

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 17:28 #40

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 253

2850Bounty;411448 wrote: Doreen..... what's it coming to when husband and wife must communicate with each other on the BOC?

I get fewer cuffs across the back of my head this way.

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 17:28 #41

• s Keller
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

FishNette;411407 wrote: Wow! I can't even imagine not being able to boat all year round. I have my boat in a floating slip at a marina about 5 minutes from my home. It is ready to take out at a moments notice. I feel sorry for all you snow bound boaters. Heck, we went out this past weekend. It was about 70 degrees F.

I'll be thinking about all of you this next weekend when we are out on the water. :D

Thanks, and I'll pray for you during hurricane season....:kidding

Steve
1986 Capri 2150 B/R 225E / 275
2005 Regaliner 2765 8.1 w/VPDPS
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0 diesel 4 x 4

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 17:34 #42

• sea-cruisier
Akways something to do, always a beer in fridge. I keep mine in the water and take her out when I can.She's also close to my office.

Probably see her 3-5 times a week.

Its alsa great decompression zone for after work or a great place to spend lunch, take a conference call or have a one on one.:arr

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 22:19 #43

• redneck joe
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
yep. I travel all over the SE (mostly drive) and our boat is an hour and a half south of the house (we live just south of nashville) so many weekends I stop by on the way home, or if it's late just spend the night.

1989 3485 Avanti
Guntersville Lake,AL
normal people need not apply
[url]www.forumlychallengedboaters.com [/url]

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 22:22 #44

• biohazard
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
mike its nice to see those stupid gease are staying in their coutry for once. :D

Ryan
Hastings, Minnesota

"Sonnie Due"
1999 Bayliner Ciera 3055
Twin Mercruiser 5.7L Bravo 2[/FONT]
MMSI : 338122217
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first.....invent the universe"
- Carl Sagan

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 22:28 #45

• Admiralwhiskywizard

2850Bounty;411448 wrote: Doreen..... what's it coming to when husband and wife must communicate with each other on the BOC?

It is pretty sad, isn't it? What is really sad is the fact that we may be doing it while we sit side by side, in our comfy chairs with our laptops in front of us.

I still feel if you can't beat them - you join them. Now I enjoy reading the posts almost as much as him.

Ciao,
Doreen
Jam Today
2002 Tiara 4000 Express

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 22:35 #46

• 2850Bounty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1121

Admiralwhiskywizard;411688 wrote: ............... What is really sad is the fact that we may be doing it while we sit side by side, in our comfy chairs with our laptops in front of us. ...................

Too funny! :D

Rick E. Portland, Oregon
2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
Twin 270 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Who sneeks to the marina 28 Jan 2010 23:56 #47

• waynepj3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
I had both carbs rebuild, new cap and rotor, new fuel filters...going to start up the boat tonight to confirm repairs fixed the problem..probably give her a test run this weekend to see how it runs under load.

Who sneeks to the marina 29 Jan 2010 00:14 #48

• Visitor
  • Visitor

I had both carbs rebuild,

Good Luck Wayne !! :arr I know you've been chasing that problem most of the summer.

Who sneeks to the marina 29 Jan 2010 14:19 #49

• Spitfire
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
It is -18F (-28C) here today.....guess I will not be visiting the boat and having a beer on the swim platform:D

Marc
1992 3288 "Spitfire" with twin 5.8L inboards
1988 17ft Century "L'll Spitfire" with single 2.5LMercruiser

Who sneeks to the marina 29 Jan 2010 15:02 #50

• onthelake
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5

Spitfire;411962 wrote: It is -18F (-28C) here today.....guess I will not be visiting the boat and having a beer on the swim platform:D

-36 today here in Winterpeg. At -40C its the same as -40F

Glen
95 2859 Hard Top, Merc 7.4L BII, 18.25 x 19P
Sold - 98 Northwood 1467 tender/fishing boat, Merc 25Hp outboard, Minn kota Endura 30
Chevy 2015 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel, Z71 4x4, Crew Cab
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds