Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Daytone Beach Boating any good?

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 11 Jan 2010 01:06 #1

• Vitnary
  • Vitnary's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am considering moving my boat from NJ to Daytona Beach. I have been at Haverstraw NY marina, a nice place, for 3 years, and I am getting bored going up and down the Hudson. Been up Erie Canal, and around Manhattan, and done the Long Island trips.

Wondering if Daytona Beach area is good for me in my Bay 242. I do not like fishing, or ocean boating, but like intracoastal calm waters. Will I get bored also, or is there many many miles to explore?

Is Daytona a safe place to be longterm; I know it gets crowded with Daytona 500, and bike week etc, but is it a place where I will be safe year round? What is to do there?

Am I better off moving further south in Florida, like Ft Lauderdale, or does it really get crazy crowded with "rich boats" there, and I would be out of place?

Whadya think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 11 Jan 2010 05:25 #2

• Capt Teaz
I lived in Palm Coast. It is halfway or so between St. Augustine and Daytona. There are many canal communities there that are less than 1 mile off the ICW. If you don't want the hustle bustle of Daytona Beach it is a perfect location, very laid back and the boating is great. Rental and sales properties are very reasonably priced at this time, so much so we are moving back there in 2 weeks. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will do the best I can to answer them for you....Tim

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 11 Jan 2010 11:23 #3

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
go spend some time down there and make your own decision. You gonna take our word for it?

My two cents, after limited exoerience down there, is that the gulf coast in general, and Tampa/St Pete in particular, offers more boating options.

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 11 Jan 2010 21:42 #4

• Vitnary
  • Vitnary's Avatar Topic Author
"go spend some time down there and make your own decision. You gonna take our word for it?"..

well, I am waiting to see if someone says all the bums hang out at Daytona, and live on the beach on welfare, that kind of comment.

Of course I'd go look for myself, and I will in mid February; I just wanted a heads up, you know?

I like the gulf coast also, but right now I have come across property a bit inland from Daytona Beach that is hard to re$i$t...so I am wondering about any local knowledge. :)

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 11 Jan 2010 21:45 #5

• SeaFR
I boat the IC there and love it. I usually go up to St. Augustine or down to Ponce Inlet. I make sure I stop at Down the Hatch every time I'm down. I would like to take the boat over to the gulf side sometime though.

A mile of highway can take you a mile; A mile of runway can take you anywhere.
'09 Bayliner 175

Daytone Beach Boating any good? 12 Jan 2010 01:09 #6

• intracruiser
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don't think you could get bored. There's alot of water to cover in central Fl. If you get your fill of the local icw waters in Daytona, you could explore ,like others mentioned, the St. Aug area. We spend alot of time there and love it. Also, the icw looks really interesting south of Daytona too. There is an almost non stop string of barrier islands with many coves to explore. Lastly, don't overlook the St. Johns River. If you have or could get access to a trailer and tow vehicle, the river is a short drive inland from Daytona. I have put in at the Astor,Fl ramp and recommend it.

• Page:
Moderators: JeffwAlaskanmutt
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds