Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rod mounts - Element E18

Rod mounts - Element E18 20 Jul 2017 16:04 #1

• CBolton
  • CBolton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All!!! Brand new boat owner! Never had one before. Got the E18 with the fish package. Problem is, no rod mounts/holders. Now, I see I can attach two to the sports arch, but what about up around the bow? Anyone have any pics/suggestions on where and how to mount rod holders? Again, brand new to boat ownership, so please use small words! lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rod mounts - Element E18 20 Jul 2017 18:26 #2

• Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52

CBolton wrote: Hello All!!! Brand new boat owner! Never had one before. Got the E18 with the fish package. Problem is, no rod mounts/holders. Now, I see I can attach two to the sports arch, but what about up around the bow? Anyone have any pics/suggestions on where and how to mount rod holders? Again, brand new to boat ownership, so please use small words! lol

For light duty, you could probably mount something like the Attwood flush mount type on the gunwales. Of course they are probably too light duty for striped bass trolling, but for smaller game they would work. I might add a pair, might not.

For trolling I already mounted two SS holders on the sports arch. I might add a trident or two if I decide to go all out with planer boards and/or downriggers, but I doubt it. I have a bigger boat for the bigger fish.......

www.starmarinedepot.com/attwood-heavy-du...5EAQYAyABEgKjF_D_BwE
The following user(s) said Thank You: CBolton

Rod mounts - Element E18 12 Aug 2017 07:26 #3

• GhostsBullet
  • Thank you received: 0
Mounts slide into the track when in use

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: by GhostsBullet.

Rod mounts - Element E18 16 Aug 2017 10:26 #4

• Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52

GhostsBullet wrote: Mounts slide into the track when in use

That looks like a perfect setup for the F18. Unfortunately I think on the E18 the only flat part that is large enough to accomodate that setup would be the swim platforms, which are too low and too wet. Also they might mess up the usability of the swim platforms a bit. The tracks look to be about 3" by 6"? There are precious few flat sections of 'glass (vertical or horizontal) on the E18.....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds