• Page:

TOPIC: C Clips for Baitcasters

C Clips for Baitcasters 24 Feb 2014 20:44 #1

• FISHIN00
  • FISHIN00's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 166
It's getting to be that time of year, cleaning the fishing reel and winding on NEW line. If your like me you will lose something that falls on the floor and is GONE forever, especially on carpeting....In my case it was the small C clip that slips onto shaft after you put the handle back on.....GOOD NEWS! You can get the exact size C Clip at a auto parts store, instead of going thru all the hassle of looking for on the net or a reel repair store.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Be real careful not to lose these rascals, finding replacements are a BIG Hassle

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Riley454

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

C Clips for Baitcasters 24 Feb 2014 21:00 #2

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Good idea on cleaning the reels now.... that will be my project for this week. I run my mono for two and sometimes three years. My braid stays on as I loss enough line looking for hali's over time not to worry about that... (LOL).

My other project is to change out the mono on many of my lures and rebuilding some new leaders... Too many forget about that and that mono takes more wear then reel line...

If one buys stuff like pre-made salmon slip rigs, etc, I would only buy at a high volume store as that mono also gets old just sitting on the wall waiting to be sold...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C Clips for Baitcasters 24 Feb 2014 21:07 #3

• FISHIN00
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did 10 of my 12 baitcaster's this weekend. I'm a HUGE fan of STREN Clear Blue, and Trilene XT/XL....Usaually lasts 2-3 years....This year I'm trying BassPro EXCEL Clear on 6 of my reels.

C Clips for Baitcasters 25 Feb 2014 01:03 #4

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534

FISHIN00 wrote: I did 10 of my 12 baitcaster's this weekend. I'm a HUGE fan of STREN Clear Blue, and Trilene XT/XL....Usaually lasts 2-3 years....This year I'm trying BassPro EXCEL Clear on 6 of my reels.

Why change and why not clear/blue vice clear? You going with 17# or ? I also like Trilene and Stren

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

C Clips for Baitcasters 25 Feb 2014 01:42 #5

• FISHIN00
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Go Aweigh2452 wrote:

FISHIN00 wrote: I did 10 of my 12 baitcaster's this weekend. I'm a HUGE fan of STREN Clear Blue, and Trilene XT/XL....Usaually lasts 2-3 years....This year I'm trying BassPro EXCEL Clear on 6 of my reels.

Why change and why not clear/blue vice clear? You going with 17# or ? I also like Trilene and Stren

I always wondered what it was like, so I purchased a small spool of Excel and compared it to the Stren and Trilene I had and liked it. I have Stren14# and 12# on some of my baitcasters , then Trilene XL 10# on my spinning reels.
I spooled up 12# Excel on 10 of the reels I had cleaned. Wednesday I'm going to hit the water and do some fishin. In late May I'm going up to Cookeville TN and fish for walleyes on CenterHill and DaleHollow lakes, that's where I do my trolling. If the Excel doesn't work out in the next few months, I'll just go back to STREN clear blue.

Last Edit: by FISHIN00.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds