Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Chinooks are off the Capilano River

The Chinooks are off the Capilano River 12 Sep 2013 23:29 #1

• Cuffnbilly
  • Cuffnbilly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Want to fish in a parking lot? Come over to the Capilano River off West Vancouver and see the zoo. However, the Chinooks are in and it's only getting better. Last Sunday, we boated 8 of 12 Chinooks between 6:45am and 8:00am for our 6 guests. Use anchovy just off the bottom. Then go off the North Arm, T-10 or Sandheads for outstanding pink fishery with Chinooks and Cohos to tease you as well. What a way to end the summer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cuffnbilly
'01 2052 WA
Certified Tidal Angling Guide
MMSI 316024369

The Chinooks are off the Capilano River 13 Sep 2013 16:35 #2

• rustyrake
  • Thank you received: 5

Cuffnbilly;810544 wrote: Want to fish in a parking lot? Come over to the Capilano River off West Vancouver and see the zoo. However, the Chinooks are in and it's only getting better. Last Sunday, we boated 8 of 12 Chinooks between 6:45am and 8:00am for our 6 guests. Use anchovy just off the bottom. Then go off the North Arm, T-10 or Sandheads for outstanding pink fishery with Chinooks and Cohos to tease you as well. What a way to end the summer!

I normally avoid the crowds but with the Chinook reports I am hearing, I am tempted.... are you down-rigging the anchovy? Or mooching?

2001, Bayliner 2455, 5.0litre, Alpha I (Stolen)
2001, SeaRay 290 AmberJack, twin 5.0l EFI, Bravo III

The Chinooks are off the Capilano River 30 Sep 2013 00:01 #3

• Cuffnbilly
  • Cuffnbilly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
It's all downrigging. Fish are expected into the 3rd week of October. 35 springs boated last Wednesday by the local guides and then slowed down Thursday and Friday (just when the Vancouver Fire Department had their derby on Thursday and North Shore Fire Department had their derby on Friday.) With this weekend of rain, we can expect a new wave of Chinooks to be in this week.

Cuffnbilly
'01 2052 WA
Certified Tidal Angling Guide
MMSI 316024369
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds