Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strongest chinnok run in a while

Strongest chinnok run in a while 14 Aug 2013 23:25 #26

• SomeSailor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 258

Go Aweigh2452;802973 wrote: What is your medium for the solution? Salt based such as calcium or sodium chloride or glycol?

Just kosher salt. Bring it to a boil, add salt until it won't take any more, let it cool, repeat. You can eventually force more salt into solution than it would at room temperature. Then, place that in the deep freeze for a day or two. I place the fillets on the parchment paper on the aluminum plate that is also in the freezer. That sits in a rubbermaid tub. Simply pour the solution over the fillets and they freeze instantly. By the time you have the fillets covered, they are frozen solid.

They flash freeze whole crab the same way, and then spray fresh water on them that causes an ice glaze to form on the surface that seals them and causes them to thaw slowly. You can freeze fish at home just like the processors do. Now... if I could only catch some fish. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Strongest chinnok run in a while 21 Aug 2013 14:08 #27

• PugetMike
  • PugetMike's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • PS'er BS'er
  • Thank you received: 126
Wow! Go to the top of this thread (where the chart is) and hit REFRESH on your browser - it will bring up the latest counts.

Things dont look so rosy anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds