Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Penn Combos

Penn Combos 19 May 2013 14:37 #1

• Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Thank you received: 323
My loving wife saw me pining and drooling over a new Penn Fierce 6000 reel and matching 7 foot one piece Penn rod set up at the Grand reopening of West Marine yesterday, so she bought me 2 sets. Apparently she wants more silvers this year.

I knew I picked a good one :) Wife that is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Penn Combos 19 May 2013 14:50 #2

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Great wife... I don't own any two speeds reels but have many Penns in the stable... I should really look at those... We were butt fishing Thursday-Saturday. Did not catch anything except for the state of WA and several big rocks, urchins and starfish. Sure would be nice to have a two speed or maybe even an electric reel to bring it up when checking bait, etc.

(If my Admiral reads this, my birthday is next week... hint hint)...

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Penn Combos 19 May 2013 15:13 #3

• Alaskanmutt
  • Alaskanmutt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anchorage Alaska
  • Thank you received: 323

Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Penn Combos 19 May 2013 18:15 #4

• green650
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I gotta buy my own stuff.
I have all penn reels and ugly stick tigers. Not expensive stuff, but good enough for 10 or so days of fishing we get here.

Penn Combos 19 May 2013 21:12 #5

• Go Aweigh2452
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Olalla, WA
  • Thank you received: 534
Thanks, just got back from SPortsman's Warehouse... nothing really in stock yet since they just bought out WHolesale sports and are still restocking. I did get my favorite butt reel (Penn Senator 6/0) reloaded with 80# braid and my Penn International 965 loaded with new 15# mono for this salmon season... Admiral asked, why don't I do this myself... then she saw the machine the guy used to load the reels. In 20 mins he had the old stuff off and new stuff on. I spent more time deciding on the poundage then he did on loading 500 yds of braid on my Penn Senator and 121 yds on the International... It would have taken me 1/2 day and it still would look like carp with no even tension in the line.

Doug ;}
MMSI: 338068776
"Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds