Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 3888 master stateroom bolster re-do

3888 master stateroom bolster re-do 25 May 2007 17:07 #1

• runbeckyrun
  • runbeckyrun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

Here are a couple of pics of the recovered bolster in our master stateroom. Previously it was covered in a bizarre pattern of pinks, peaches and light greens. Yikes. This is a whisper soft vinyl product purchased from a local JoAnn's store. It was very easy to work with and relatively inexpensive (probably the cheapest project on the boat that we've ever undertaken, that's for sure).

The bolster was screwed in with at least a dozen and a half screws but we put back in maybe half that many when we reattached it. It's a tight fit, and won't be going anywhere.

We were able to use the same backing and foam. We used the old fabric as a pattern and finished the entire re-cover job in a couple of hours total using an electric staple gun (two people).

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Becky
Blue Ayes
1989 Bayliner 3888
Northern WI/Lake Superior

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

3888 master stateroom bolster re-do 25 May 2007 17:43 #2

• missrobyn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Becky,
Thanks for posting the pictures, the job looks great, and I love that color! Were the folds for the sectional pieces difficult to figure out? I'm redoing galley seating right now, but wanted to re-do a headboard that has the same sectional configuration. Anyway, great job, and have a good holiday weekend.
Robyn

3888 master stateroom bolster re-do 25 May 2007 17:55 #3

• runbeckyrun
  • runbeckyrun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Robyn,

Figuring out the folds wasn't bad. We "paid attention" to a couple as we pulled it apart, but it was along the lines of wrapping a present. It goes more smoothly with two people - one person to hold the fabric taught and one to run the staple gun (surprisingly, the captain let me take hold of the staple gun!! :p ). Please post some of your pictures when you're done, too!

Becky

Becky
Blue Ayes
1989 Bayliner 3888
Northern WI/Lake Superior

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford

3888 master stateroom bolster re-do 25 May 2007 20:30 #4

• whiskywizard
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Out exploring the waters of the Kawartha Lakes
  • Thank you received: 252
very nice job! Makes me think it's time for us too...

Regards
Whiskywizard
[/COLOR]

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.
- Ferris Bueller
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds