Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Garmin echomap 94sv

New Garmin echomap 94sv 30 Jul 2016 11:25 #1

• moultdkdj
  • moultdkdj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
I finally replaced the non working gps on my boat with a Garmin echomap 94sv. Installation was very easy and unit is perfect for non tech people like myself. I will install the transducer after the season, so right now the unit is only a chart plotter.
The transducer for this unit is huge and I'm guessing the best place to mount is between the drives. Others with the same boat can maybe help me with this.

Back to the new unit, I'm glad I went with the larger screen unit, very easy to see even with split screen. Using the unit is very easy and Garmin makes it so even a caveman could use it.
Installing the unit which was easy mostly because unlike my previous boats the 305 is easy to work on, behind the dash are power and grounding strips with plenty of space to add all your electronics.
After in was all hooked up I turned the unit on and it walked me through the set up asking for info on the boat and then acquired satellites within 15 seconds and I was up and running.

Still have some learning to do, so I will have to play with the unit some more and maybe read the manual.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dave
2004 Bayliner 305(twin 220hp Bravo II drives)
2008 Yamaha FX Cruiser
2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO
http://baylinerownersclub.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=11187

New Garmin echomap 94sv 31 Jul 2016 01:24 #2

• Lodge
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds