TOPIC: Mods for new fridge and TV

Mods for new fridge and TV 28 Jun 2016 00:50 #1

• captharv
  • captharv's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 85

I did these over time to my 2452.

The fridge which came with the boat burned up the control circuit board. They wanted $425 for the board and $40 more for the S.H.I.T (Shipping, handling insurance and tax)
I bought the norcold on sale at West marine for $500 with a warranty. Its 2.7 Cu ft; the origo I took out was 2.0. Additionally, the origo sucked 10 amps on DC; the norcold 2.4 amps only when the compressor ran, which was 30%, so it was about an amp-hour. I was able to remove 100 pounds of batteries.

The fridge did not come with a light. I had some LED 3175 bulbs which is what the running lights now have. They snap into a standard small fuse holder. I procured the fuse holder and the small microswitch from the local electronic surplus store. My finger is holding the switch off because the light fogs out the photo. The wires were sent thru an existing run thru the fridge top (in back of my hand) So while we are watching a movie, I can get our refreshments out easier......

The original TV which was an older, picture tube one, gave up. I bought this 19" LCD TV on sale at Best Buy for $90, and the wall mount for $27 more. I kept the shelf and put the DVD player underneath it. The wiring was concealed by cutting up an old white sock. The power injector wall plate for the TV antenna is standard one made by Winegard for RVs. Works well with the Shakespeare line of marine TV antennas. Remember, Winegard private labels the antennas (2020, 2030, 2025) for Shakespeare. Same difference...... The cable to the antenna runs to a connector topside. I take the antenna down for trailing, and mount it when I get anchored/tied up to a dock.

The voltmeter to the left under the power panel is for monitoring the batteries while at a marina or anchored. Its a standard boat panel meter.

Note: In the 2452 new model (XE) there is a PVC tube installed from the factory from inside the power panel box to the engine room forward bulkhead. An electricians fish tape goes thru easily and pulls back wires..

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Captharv 2001 2452
"When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"
Last Edit: by captharv.
  • Page:
Moderators: whiskywizarditsabowtime2
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds